• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Woo, got my pokemon bank on and transferred the pokemon wanted. I can basically sell the X cart and then transfer those pokemon in the bank to ruby right?

Wanace

Woo, got my pokemon bank on and transferred the pokemon wanted. I can basically sell the X cart and then transfer those pokemon in the bank to ruby right?

Pretty sure that's the case. I have X/Y and I transferred Pokemon from X to Bank and to my Y game since I don't have two DSs at the moment.

MicH

I kind of want to get back into breeding, especially in preparation for ORAS. And I think I'm gonna try and breed a shiny (gasp) HP Ice/Rock Sceptile. That seems like a bit much, but just getting an HP Ice/Rock would be fine. One thing that I'm kind of annoyed by, is that Dragon Pulse is locked to BW2 tutors. Hopefully (almost surely?) I'll be able to get that in ORAS though - especially with his mega being part dragon. I absolutely love Sceptile (best third gen starter!) so I'm kind of excited to start this :p

Azuran

Banned
Right, let's have a 2-day maintenance the same day they start giving out codes for an event legendary.

Who planned this stuff out?

So I keep reading up on Diancie and some people who get 3iv ones say they're playing on Y but the X version is where she's getting no perfect stats. Has that been the same for you guys?

I kind of want to get back into breeding, especially in preparation for ORAS. And I think I'm gonna try and breed a shiny (gasp) HP Ice/Rock Sceptile. That seems like a bit much, but just getting an HP Ice/Rock would be fine. One thing that I'm kind of annoyed by, is that Dragon Pulse is locked to BW2 tutors. Hopefully (almost surely?) I'll be able to get that in ORAS though - especially with his mega being part dragon. I absolutely love Sceptile (best third gen starter!) so I'm kind of excited to start this :p
Dragon Pulse tutor has been confirmed, no worries!

Oh my. I reset again and I got one with still just 1 perfect IV but it's in speed and it's a modest one but these are her stats:

28, 29 / 28, 29 / 27 / 30 / 10 (WHY.GIF) / 31

HP Ground. So yeah, I think i'm done here. 10 sucks in Sp.D but my Garchomp has the same and it survives most things so yeah.

Oh my. I reset again and I got one with still just 1 perfect IV but it's in speed and it's a modest one but these are her stats:

28, 29 / 28, 29 / 27 / 30 / 10 (WHY.GIF) / 31

HP Ground. So yeah, I think i'm done here. 10 sucks in Sp.D but my Garchomp has the same and it survives most things so yeah.
That is actually unbelievably good if the IV's really are completely random.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
So I keep reading up on Diancie and some people who get 3iv ones say they're playing on Y but the X version is where she's getting no perfect stats. Has that been the same for you guys?

Mine came with not a single perfect IV. Playing X here.

Azuran

Banned
Modest is the best nature for Diancie right? From what I can see, while both Attack stats are the same, Diance doesn't seem to get any decent STAB physical moves.

Modest is the best nature for Diancie right? From what I can see, while both Attack stats are the same, Diance doesn't seem to get any decent STAB physical moves.

Well I think so for now at least, I am trying to get an Adamant one Sr for me, but for a lot of people Speed >Everything else.

fek

Diamond Storm is like a better Stone Edge, I would go with mixed personally

Azuran

Banned
Ah, didn't notice Diamond Storm while going down the list. Yeah, I'll go with a mixed one just because of that. Probably Hasty or Naive depending on what I get first.

I appreciate the generosity but I actually have 7 eggs now. :) I guess this was the best mistake I made this week, I had no idea you could steal lucky eggs from Chanseys at the Safari.
I couldn't even get one before giving up on finding a Chansey with one. I've only found them with Lucky Punch and I'm afraid that Compundeyes might actually increase that chance of happening to 100 percent.

I went and got another one.

7OW5VaY.jpg

Took longer than usual at 42 SRs whereas Deoxys was 4, Lugia 3 and Hooh 10.

IVs for this Japanese Groudon.
Adamant 20/31/30/13/27/31 Ice 59

Compare it to my English (and second ever RNG) Groudon.
Adamant 23/31/19/5/4/7 Steel 39

I'm going to decide next on Adamant Mew or roaming Modest Latios.

Edit: For laughs I threw Shiny Groudon and Shiny Deoxys-S at Brendan's Treecko. It wasn't funny at all. :(
So jealous that you have shiny weather trio. Shiny Primals look awesome

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I couldn't even get one before giving up on finding a Chansey with one. I've only found them with Lucky Punch and I'm afraid that Compundeyes might actually increase that chance of happening to 100 percent.
What I did is having a dead poke in slot 1 with Compound Eyes, then Noibat in slot 2 with Frisk and taught him Thief. That way if the Chansey had no item I was interested in I ran away and continued.

Wichu

Nope, I've gotten quite a few Lucky Eggs with a Compound Eyes lead.

Renta

Banned
Anyone know when this maintenance period is going to end? I just want to redeem my diance code ;___;

Why would they even schedule this maintenance during a code redemption event?

Faenix1

Question:
If someone were to use a Diancie code, could they restart there game and use another?

Might end up with a few spare codes and I'm curious if anyone has a Pokemon X/Y that they wouldn't mind restarting or something lol

Anyone know when this maintenance period is going to end? I just want to redeem my diance code ;___;

Why would they even schedule this maintenance during a code redemption event?

Pokemon Global Link is down until like 11 pm EST, so maybe then?

Wichu

Question:
If someone were to use a Diancie code, could they restart there game and use another?

Might end up with a few spare codes and I'm curious if anyone has a Pokemon X/Y that they wouldn't mind restarting or something lol

Yes, codes are once per save file.

lupinko

So jealous that you have shiny weather trio. Shiny Primals look awesome
We need to find a time to trade.

Hehe, I'll have an army of these eventually. I want a gym with nothing but legendaries! Most if not all the weather trio will all be shinies.

I so far have from my current RNG shinies:

Adamant Rayquaza
Adamant Groudon x2
Mild Kyogre
Adamant Regirock (with Counter)
Careful Registeel (with Seismic Toss)
Quiet Regice
Adamant Ho-Oh
Adamant Lugia
Adamant Deoxys

I'm trying to do a Brave Beldum in my NA game and doing a Modest Roaming Latios in another JP cart. Then the other JP cart I'll do Adamant Mew. For the two Japanese Emerald games I just warp out of convenience. But unfortunately RS don't have warp codes. I actually have to play those to a point anyway. :p

The reason why is because RS gives off different spreads than Emerald.

I ended up with 8 carts of RS (4 NA and 4 JP, 2 JP were unintentional, they came with the PAR I bought on EBay), the 4 NA carts will only be used for Wishmaker farming. Basically I'm a factory for these events. :p

The PAR is only used to get on the event Islands and nothing else. Catching and RNG shiny spreads is done with no cheat device since the PAR messes up with timing and I don't know what it does to the code when a mon is caught.

Edit:

So you can't delete the wonder card and trick it into thinking you haven't got it? lol

Nope, the only one that let you redeem multiple was Movie 2014 Darkrai.

Faenix1

So. I have two spare Diancie codes and a Pokémon Omega Ruby & Pokémon Alpha Sapphire Special Demo‏ code. Anyone have a spare Pokemon X/Y and up to helping me out?

I plan to get Omega Ruby and rather then take it from Pokemon X I'd like to have a secondary Diancie to send over. In exchange I'll give a Diancie Code, and the Special Demo, for helping me out.

lupinko

So. I have two spare Diancie codes and a Pokémon Omega Ruby & Pokémon Alpha Sapphire Special Demo‏ code. Anyone have a spare Pokemon X/Y and up to helping me out?

I plan to get Omega Ruby and rather then take it from Pokemon X I'd like to have a secondary Diancie to send over. In exchange I'll give a Diancie Code, and the Special Demo, for helping me out.

What exactly do you need help on? Did you want someone to redeem you the Diancie? I can do that, I have 3 copies of the NA version, eshop X, cart X and cart Y. I live in Japan and farm events that's why. Haha

So yeah if it's that, I can help you out for the code. I can wipe either cart to redeem another code anyway.

Faenix1

What exactly do you need help on? Did you want someone to redeem you the Diancie? I can do that, I have 3 copies of the NA version, eshop X, cart X and cart Y. I live in Japan and farm events that's why. Haha

So yeah if it's that, I can help you out for the code. I can wipe either cart to redeem another code anyway.

Yes, that's what I'm looking for help on. Already redeemed a Diancie (Still resetting for a decent nature though), and I only got one copy so I can't wipe.

(That's crazy by the way lol)

Faenix1

What kind of Diancie am I suppose to be looking for?

I got a Sassy Diancie

"Superior potential overall"
"greatest potential lies in its HP"
"Defense stat is good, too"
"Sp.Def stat seems just as good"
"stats like those.. they simply cant be beat!"

125 HP, 113 ATK, 170 DEF, 116 SP. Atk, 187 Sp. Def, 56 Speed.

The two attack stats seem offly low, and that speed.. should I keep it or reset again?

lupinko

Yes, that's what I'm looking for help on. Already redeemed a Diancie (Still resetting for a decent nature though), and I only got one copy so I can't wipe.

(That's crazy by the way lol)

I also have Japanese eshop Y, Japanese cart X, I'll get a cheap used J-cart Y later. Hey I farm the events, it's how I got 100+ Tanabata 2014 Shiny Jirachi this past August. :p

What kind of Diancie am I suppose to be looking for?

I got a Sassy Diancie

"Superior potential overall"
"Defense stat is good, too"
"Sp.Def stat seems just as good"
"stats like those.. they simply cant be beat!"

125 HP, 113 ATK, 170 DEF, 116 SP. Atk, 187 Sp. Def, 56 Speed.

The two attack stats seem offly low, and that speed.. should I keep it or reset again?

Diancie regular is better as either a Physical or Special Defensive Wall. So any defense boosting nature works except Gentle or Lax. But with its stats you can also do Modest or Adamant.

Mega Diancie with its boost in speed and reduced defense is better for Jolly/Timid or as a fast mixed attacker with Hasty/Naive.

Depends on what you want.

If you want to go defensive wall, I'd keep that 3 31IV Sassy Diancie, HP and both Defensives perfect is great. Depends on your playstyle.

Faenix1

I also have Japanese eshop Y, Japanese cart X, I'll get a cheap used J-cart Y later. Hey I farm the events, it's how I got 100+ Tanabata 2014 Shiny Jirachi this past August. :p

Diancie regular is better as either a Physical or Special Defensive Wall. So any defense boosting nature works except Gentle or Lax. But with its stats you can also do Modest or Adamant.

Mega Diancie with its boost in speed in reduced defense is better for Jolly/Timid or as a fast mixed attacker as Hasty/Naive.

Depends on what you want.
You sure love those events lol

Hm, I googled and saw most places recommend Sassy... now I'm not sure what kinda nature to get lol

EDIT: What would you recommend I do? Would it be an okay Mega? Was planning to use this as my "main" that I send to Omega Ruby

lupinko

You sure love those events lol

Hm, I googled and saw most places recommend Sassy... now I'm not sure what kinda nature to get lol

EDIT: Would it be an okay Mega? Was planning to use this as my "main" that I send to Omega Ruby

With those stats, it's better as regular because Mega takes a dip in defenses. And with low attack stats you can't take advantage much of the boost in Mega.

Here's smogon's with the mega stats.

http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/diancie

Faenix1

Adamant Dianci
125 HP, 166 Defense, 108 Sp. ATK, 159 Sp. Def, 65 Speed

"relatively superior potential overall"
"Attack stat is good, too"
"Sp. Atk stat us equally good"

probably the best 'attacker' so far, not sure if I should keep this and call it a night lol

lupinko

Adamant Dianci
125 HP, 166 Defense, 108 Sp. ATK, 159 Sp. Def, 65 Speed

"relatively superior potential overall"
"Attack stat is good, too"
"Sp. Atk stat us equally good"

probably the best 'attacker' so far, not sure if I should keep this and call it a night lol

Adamant should be high IVs in everything but Special Attack since it's the lowered stat, so if IV guy says they can't be beat, your 3IV is technically only 2IV.

It's the reverse for Modest/Timid/Bold/Calm.

But that works too if you're tired already.

Faenix1

Adamant should be high IVs in everything but Special Attack since it's the lowered stat, so if IV guy says they can't be beat, your 3IV is technically only 2IV.

Nah not tired just all that text is annoying and makes things a lot longer then it really needs to be

Faenix1

Still around? Whatcha think of this one?

Naive Diancie
112 HP, 120 Atk, 161 Def, 120 Sp.ATk, 144 Sp.Def, 77 Speed
"superior potential overall"
Greatest potential lies in its atk, sp.atk is equally good, and it's Speed is good, too. They simply can't be beat.

Good for a Diancie to send to Omega Ruby, ya think?

lupinko

Still around? Whatcha think of this one?

Naive Diancie
112 HP, 120 Atk, 161 Def, 120 Sp.ATk, 144 Sp.Def, 77 Speed
"superior potential overall"
Greatest potential lies in its atk, sp.atk is equally good, and it's Speed is good, too. They simply can't be beat.

Good for a Diancie to send to Omega Ruby, ya think?

Yes, that's perfect!

The Diancie I have for you right now is Calm, I haven't saved but here are the stats.

18–19 HP; 10–13/22–23 Physical; 30–31/31 Special; 30–31 Speed

Edit: Stats are HP 119 Atk 99 Def 166 SpA 120 SpD 187 Spe 70

So it looks like 3IV SpA, SpD, and Spe, well,that's based on Veekun's stat calc. I'll leave the game on sleep mode for ya to decide, I don't mind.

Oh until I can get the third gift issue to work, I can give you the other two no problems, the third one will be a rain check at this time. Lol

Faenix1

Yes, that's perfect!

The Diancie I have for you right now is Calm, I haven't saved but here are the stats.

18–19 HP; 10–13/22–23 Physical; 30–31/31 Special; 30–31 Speed

Edit: Stats are HP 119 Atk 99 Def 166 SpA 120 SpD 187 Spe 70

So it looks like 3IV SpA, SpD, and Spe, well,that's based on Veekun's stat calc. I'll leave the game on sleep mode for ya to decide, I don't mind.

Oh until I can get the third gift issue to work, I can give you the other two no problems, the third one will be a rain check at this time. Lol

Nice I thought so but I figured I'd ask if you were still about.

Also, that's fine. I mostly didn't want docile,etc. I didn't expect you to spend much effort on it

Though it's 6:21 AM and I gotta get to bed, so we'll have to do the trades tomorrow. I shouldn't of stayed up this late.. damn Diancie lmao

lupinko

Nice I thought so but I figured I'd ask if you were still about.

Also, that's fine. I mostly didn't want docile,etc. I didn't expect you to spend much effort on it

Though it's 6:21 AM and I gotta get to bed, so we'll have to do the trades tomorrow. I shouldn't of stayed up this late.. damn Diancie lmao

Ok I saved it now, don't forget to choose from the list I sent you! :)

And I've saved now and I'll package it with the other two. :)

The third I'll remember when I have it working. Lol

To add a little thing. Y version owners might appreciate the X exclusive mega evolution stones* (as the cart is being sold and you can't deposit items into bank) but it is by no means necessary to give them out.

*-Tyranitar, Manectric, Pinsir, Charizard X and Mewtwo X.

Petrie

Banned
Figure this is the place to throw myself at GAFs mercy:

Little brother wanted a shiny Gengar and completely forgot, and now the local shops are out of the codes. I figure I'd see here if anyone managed to snag an extra and might be willing to part with it, before I'm forced to hit EBay and overpay for such a thing.

Thanks either way GAF. :)

Top Bottom