• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Azuran

Banned
"This Pokemon (Diancie) has outstanding potential overall. That's how I judge it anyways."

:D

"Incidentally, I would say that its greatest potential lies in its HP. But its Attack stat is good, too. Hmm. And its Defense stat is good, too. It's Special Defense seems just as good, though. And, well, its Speed stat is good, too. Stats like those... They simply can't be beat! That's how I judge it."

:D

*Checks Nature*

"Naughty"

:|

Ouch, this hurts to read. I know exactly how this feels lol

MicH

Heh, knew it would be too good to be true. :( Funny enough on my Diancie's when I was SRing them this summer, I'd get to same point and going "Oh yes, this is good..." and nature would almost always be Naughty.

Edit: On a side note, anyone have a HA Aerodactyl? Still in need of one.
I should have one and I might have a female in a luxury ball if you're into that

lupinko

I was linked to this: http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/diancie

So I just assume Naive is the way to go if you want it for Ruby/Sapphire, spent hours resetting for it. Think mine has Ivs in Atk, Sp.ATK, and Speed. Don't recall now... lol

Well it depends on play style at the end of the day adding to this. If you want to run Mega Diancie then you go Naive/Hasty because it's a fast mixed attacker with decent speed or a fast Special (Timid) or Physical (Jolly). If you want to do Diancie instead, it's any defensive boosting nature. Sassy/Careful/Impish/Relaxed/Bold/Calm.

You can also do decent Modest or Adamant builds too. Diancie like many legendaries has many different uses.

Muku

I should have one and I might have a female in a luxury ball if you're into that

Doesn't have to be anything fancy. Want one to breed with, but unfortunately all the ones I've gotten are anything but HA. Folks don't read on GTS. (Surprise, surprised, haha.)

You looking for anything specific?

On side note, started breeding Phantump today. So much nicer breeding in X/Y compared to FR.

I have a question.

So if I breed a Lopunny in X/Y and transfer it to OR/AS, will it still be able to learn its new moves in that game (mainly, High Jump Kick)?

lupinko

I have a question.

So if I breed a Lopunny in X/Y and transfer it to OR/AS, will it still be able to learn its new moves in that game (mainly, High Jump Kick)?

Why wouldn't it? If anything since it's a newer game it would could get more moves.

FRLG gave Metal Claw to Charmander as a level up move after RS but Emerald onward it became an egg move only again.

Namikaze1

I feel like starting all over on X but at the same time I don't want to lose all my good Pokemon which is about 30 out of the 300 or so in pc. I don't have Pokemon Bank nor a second 3DS and game to trade with. I really want to start all over but the reasons above are stopping me from doing so.

Also, quick question:
If I start all over, will I lose my shiny Gengar (I haven't picked him up from the guy yet) or will I still be able to get him? I just want to know the answer to this before using my Dancie code.

Muku

I feel like starting all over on X but at the same time I don't want to lose all my good Pokemon which is about 30 out of the 300 or so in pc. I don't have Pokemon Bank nor a second 3DS and game to trade with. I really want to start all over but the reasons above are stopping me from doing so.

Also, quick question:
If I start all over, will I lose my shiny Gengar (I haven't picked him up from the guy yet) or will I still be able to get him? I just want to know the answer to this before using my Dancie code.

Adding the code just adds the wonder card. The game goes through the WCs when it comes to picking them up. So if you added the Diancie one, and go to pick it up at a PC, you'd get the Gengar, then the Diancie. You can swap WCs if you'd rather pick up Diancie first. Just swap the place of the cards to do so.

Edit: If you want to SR both, save before picking either up though. That way you can SR through first one (only pick up first one, don't worry about second one), until you get it right. Then save and then SR the second one.

On a side note, Pokebank is worth it on things like wanting to restart alone. (Though, you can't keep items that way.) It's only a small amount per year. Totally worth it.

Namikaze1

Adding the code just adds the wonder card. The game goes through the WCs when it comes to picking them up. So if you added the Diancie one, and go to pick it up at a PC, you'd get the Gengar, then the Diancie. You can swap WCs if you'd rather pick up Diancie first. Just swap the place of the cards to do so.

Edit: If you want to SR both, save before picking either up though. That way you can SR through first one (only pick up first one, don't worry about second one), until you get it right. Then save and then SR the second one.
I know this, I'm just wondering if I'll lose the wonder card if I decide to delete my current save data to start all over. I personally don't care much about Shiny Gengar so if lose the WC, I really don't care.

Muku

I know this, I'm just wondering if I'll lose the wonder card if I decide to delete my current save data to start all over. I personally don't care much about Shiny Gengar so if lose the WC, I really don't care.

As far as I know, yes you will lose the WCs stored. Though, should at least claim the Shiny Gengar. Even if you don't plan to use it yourself, you could always use it as trade bait later.

Edit: Sorry, I caught first part, but by time I got around to it my brain deleted my memory of reading it, haha. :( Long day.

Why wouldn't it? If anything since it's a newer game it would could get more moves.

FRLG gave Metal Claw to Charmander as a level up move after RS but Emerald onward it became an egg move only again.

And the data dump does say that Lopunny learns Hi-Jump Kick at level 66 in Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire.

Merovin

I don't suppose anyone has a female HA Gligar in a premier ball at all? Not having any luck finding one in the wild and I'm slowly losing my mind!

Scratch that, after two days of hunting I have finally found a female so I can have it in a premier ball!

MicH

Doesn't have to be anything fancy. Want one to breed with, but unfortunately all the ones I've gotten are anything but HA. Folks don't read on GTS. (Surprise, surprised, haha.)

You looking for anything specific?

On side note, started breeding Phantump today. So much nicer breeding in X/Y compared to FR.
In gonna have to make sure I have one in my game, so I'll check when I get home in two hours. I don't really need anything in return

Growlie19

Got an outstanding sassy Diancie with perfect HP, Special defense, and Speed, Special attack is 30, attack is 23/24, and defense is 17/18. Hidden Power Water. Offensive Trick Room setter? (I stupidly saved after getting it and can't reset for Quiet or Brave)

Got an outstanding sassy Diancie with perfect HP, Special defense, and Speed, Special attack is 30, attack is 23/24, and defense is 17/18. Hidden Power Water. Offensive Trick Room setter? (I stupidly saved after getting it and can't reset for Quiet or Brave)

Trick room works pretty well for diancie, so that seems reasonable. I'd imagine you could make an assault vest set for it as well.

TR isn't a good fit for Mega Diancie, and a straight out bad fit with Max Speed, decide on your play style first then reset.

TR isn't a good fit for Mega Diancie, and a straight out bad fit with Max Speed, decide on your play style first then reset.

I realize it isn;t "optimal" but I actually think max speed is pretty good for most trick room pokemon. They're naturally slow, and max speed tends not to make a big enough difference that you lose the speed advantage against very many threats, but it sometimes allows you to get outspeeds outside of trickroom which allows for a bit more versatility. Generally I try to be lower speed than every serious threat, and faster than everything else I can be.

I realize it isn;t "optimal" but I actually think max speed is pretty good for most trick room pokemon. They're naturally slow, and max speed tends not to make a big enough difference that you lose the speed advantage against very many threats, but it sometimes allows you to get outspeeds outside of trickroom which allows for a bit more versatility. Generally I try to be lower speed than every serious threat, and faster than everything else I can be.

Well that maybe work with Diancie but Mega Diancie as a Speed base of 110 there aren't a lot of pokemon that wouldn't out speed her in TR.

Muku

In gonna have to make sure I have one in my game, so I'll check when I get home in two hours. I don't really need anything in return

No worries, and okay.

On a side note, unfortunately the Gaffer who got the Klefki keychain I offered in August wasn't able to get it and I'm now in possession of it again. Thanks postal service for taping OVER the reason why it was undeliverable, but meh. So, with this users blessing, offering it back up for grabs.

removed

First PM to send me a message in regards to it (put the title of the PM about it), will have claim on it. Just trying to find it a home since it's an extra.

Claimed.

But then you get outsped by other slow pokemon (which plenty of threats are) within TR. Unless it doesn't know it, I'd think one would immediately set it up.

I meant because it can't learn High Jump Kick in X/Y, I thought maybe I'd have to catch one in OR/AS to get that move. I guess that's not how it works, though.

But then you get outsped by other slow pokemon (which plenty of threats are) within TR. Unless it doesn't know it, I'd think one would immediately set it up.

this is true. Generally when I go against "slower" TR teams, I bring my TR setter and use it to cancel out their trickroom. It's kind of gutsy though and doesn't always pay out.

I meant because it can't learn High Jump Kick in X/Y, I thought maybe I'd have to catch one in OR/AS to get that move. I guess that's not how it works, though.
It'll have its XY level up moveset while in XY and its ORAS level up moveset while in ORAS.

So you just trade it over, have it learn the move, and there you go.

onslack

Morning Gaf

I'm back and slowly getting back into Pokemon again after taking a break from it over the summer

Good to see this thread still going strong

Muku

Morning Gaf

I'm back and slowly getting back into Pokemon again after taking a break from it over the summer

Good to see this thread still going strong

Welcome back onslack. :) Nothing wrong with a break. You ready for ORAS?

Edit: Thank you sooooo much to Rimon! Gonna rock Alpha Sapphire with this little guy. Wasn't sure if I was going to bring any Pokemon over to it, but this guy will be the star of my team now.

MicH

Welcome back onslack. :) Nothing wrong with a break. You ready for ORAS?

Edit: Thank you sooooo much to Rimon! Gonna rock Alpha Sapphire with this little guy. Wasn't sure if I was going to bring any Pokemon over to it, but this guy will be the star of my team now.
Sorry for not getting back to you until now, but I do in fact have an extra Unnerve Aerodactyl you can have :) Let me know when you're ready to trade

Muku

Sorry for not getting back to you until now, but I do in fact have an extra Unnerve Aerodactyl you can have :) Let me know when you're ready to trade

Let me know when is a good time. Just got back from Halloween party so probably not really "ready" until morning. LOL. Won first place in costume though with my Pikachu costume. Pokemon FTW in Halloween party in Japan.

Let me know when is a good time. Just got back from Halloween party so probably not really "ready" until morning. LOL. Won first place in costume though with my Pikachu costume. Pokemon FTW in Halloween party in Japan.

That's cool, did you post in any of the cosplay threads?

Wichu

Just won 6-0 against a non-awful opponent. Love that feeling.

Flower Veil continues to be ridiculously good. Damn right I'm going to make the rest of my team immune to status/stat drops.

I have 4 NA Diancie codes. If you live outside of the US and have all the requirements to use one of the codes send me a PM.

Priority goes to those out side of NA.

Edit: 3 left

Top Bottom