• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Derping around, hatching Timburr eggs trying to get the right IV spread and I got this right here:

1F8124FB-B0DC-4DD8-9A1C-ACD65B414668_zpssnkr4edy.jpg

Timburr - #532 (Adamant)
HP: 31
Att: 25
Def: 31
SpA: 31
SpD: 31
Speed: 31

If only the Att and SpA had been switched around but 25 is still nothing to laugh at, and I don't think it's gonna much matter with guts now will it?

MicH

Derping around, hatching Timburr eggs trying to get the right IV spread and I got this right here:

1F8124FB-B0DC-4DD8-9A1C-ACD65B414668_zpssnkr4edy.jpg

Timburr - #532 (Adamant)
HP: 31
Att: 25
Def: 31
SpA: 31
SpD: 31
Speed: 31

If only the Att and SpA had been switched around but 25 is still nothing to laugh at, and I don't think it's gonna much matter with guts now will it?
That's amazing and nearly prefect! Congrats, man! That's real nice :) I'm still trying to get a shiny Treecko with HP Fire. Wish me luck!

Azuran

Banned
lol, just noticed Nintendo sent me another ORAS demo (NA) code for some reason.

First one to quote this message gets it.

Wichu

That's amazing and nearly prefect! Congrats, man! That's real nice :) I'm still trying to get a shiny Treecko with HP Fire. Wish me luck!

If you have the right parents, then each child has a 7/12 (~60%) chance of having HP Fire. Good luck :)

lupinko

Modest and -def ,I would reset also if you are doing it for a giveaway I have 2 extra codes I can send you (should have more soon).

Modest is -atk, Mild is -def, and after helping Gridlock I'm not in the business of doing this for everyone haha.

Unless you provide me a code in return for redeeming these to give out. Lol

If you're going to get more codes then just give them out.

Careful +SpD -SpA
10–11 HP; 10–11/31 Physical; 20–21/30–31 Special; 30–31 Speed

31 Def 31 SpD 31 Spe

Everyone else I do have a couple of Diancie codes right now, priority to people with the right system+wrong region

Modest is -atk, Mild is -def, and after helping Gridlock I'm not in the business of doing this for everyone haha.

Unless you provide me a code in return for redeeming these to give out. Lol

If you're going to get more codes then just give them out.

Careful +SpD -SpA
10–11 HP; 10–11/31 Physical; 20–21/30–31 Special; 30–31 Speed

31 Def 31 SpD 31 Spe

I do and will :) but I thought that some sr ones would be cool,and I know what modest is (or any other nature :)) was talking about a S.atk nature with a (imperfect) defensive spread and yeh I only have 2 Diancie and 2 Gengars right now but you can have all 4 if you want to Sr 2 of them for the give away.

EDIT:pM'ed

Faenix1

No, that was an inside joke, I have pokemon with pokerus already. lol

Do you know If the trade ban has been lifted in Diancie yet?

Ah. I think I got it now lol

aaand no idea. I tried to google but the only crap I find is about when and how to get one. It's kinda silly they banned it i the first place.

lupinko

Everyone else I do have a couple of Diancie codes right now, priority to people with the right system+wrong region

I do and will :) but I thought that some sr ones would be cool,and I know what modest is (or any other nature :)) was talking about a S.atk nature with a (imperfect) defensive spread and yeh I only have 2 Diancie and 2 Gengars right now but you can have all 4 if you want to Sr 2 of them for the give away.

Oh ok, I'll take your deal, I'm sticking with this Careful, so send the codes over, and I'll SR for a Timid Shiny Gengar and a beneficial Diancie to give away to gaf.

:)

Edit: Legendary And Event Giveaway

Not to be confused with my legendary swap meet.

Note: There's a trade ban right now for NA Diancies over Wifi, so you'll have to wait until that is lifted.

Note 2: Priority goes to those who didn't have Diancie and Shiny Gengar distribution.

Diancie
Bold 31IVs in HP Def SpD - claimed by onslack
Careful 31IVs in Def SpD Spe - waiting on confirmation from Zeroth

Shiny Gengar
Timid - claimed by linkman26

Unlike the two event pokemon, the next batch I'm just giving away since I have better and not bogus ones now that I caught myself.

Pokemon I know that are legit that I brought up from a used SoulSilver I bought off Craigslist:

Groudon (Johto) Sassy
Kyogre (Hoenn) Rash

Pokemon I randomly got off GTS, no way to say they are hacked or cloned but given the natures probably not either:

Registeel Quirky
Regirock Bashful
Regice Quirky
Rayquaza Hardy

Shiny Pokemon I got from trades, knowing how RNG works in Gen 3, I know one is likely edited, one is blatantly hacked, and the other is unlikely to be hacked given the nature. I don't know if the unlikely one is uncloned.

Regirock (Hoenn) Impish 6IV
Lugia (Hoenn) Modest 6IV
Rayquaza (Hoenn) Brave 31IV SpD

Almost a year ago I started playing X but I got bored of it so I stopped playing (I guess I got tired of Pokémon games?), but after playing the ORAS demo, playing Smash and talking with a friend who's also a fan of Pokémon from my new school, I decided to come back to the game and now I'm addicted to it. lol But man, it's so much harder than I thought.

Muku

Almost a year ago I started playing X but I got bored of it so I stopped playing (I guess I got tired of Pokémon games?), but after playing the ORAS demo, playing Smash and talking with a friend who's also a fan of Pokémon from my new school, I decided to come back to the game and now I'm addicted to it. lol But man, it's so much harder than I thought.

Curious, but why do you say it's so much harder?

Curious, but why do you say it's so much harder?
I'm having more trouble than in previous games. It takes awhile to catch Pokémon, most of the times I need to return to the Pokémon Center after two battles, potions run out so quickly and it's the same with the money.

Muku

I'm having more trouble than in previous games. It takes awhile to catch Pokémon, most of the times I need to return to the Pokémon Center after two battles, potions run out so quickly and it's the same with the money.

Think it can depend on make up of your group as to how well you can handle things as well. Money I don't worry about. I usually just go on potions I find in the game. Only time I usually stock up on stuff is right before taking E4, haha.

RNG is going to RNG, but funny enough I found that X/Y things were easier to catch. I could spend forever trying to catch legendaries in Pokeballs in previous generations. Minimum 2 rounds. (Run outta balls, reset, try again is what I refer to as a round.) All of these I caught first round, usually within 20 balls. X was an exception, because I was trying to get Xernas a decent nature.

Could it just be, it's been a while and it just feels more difficult? Of course, though, boils down to RNG. Curious, what's your team currently consist of?

MarkusRJR

Could someone link me to a good and easy to understand breeding tutorial? I kind of want to breed a team from scratch, but I hear IV's are a pretty essential part to it. I know what IV's mean (in a very straightforward sense), but I have no idea how to check IVs of breed to get better IVs.

lupinko

Could someone link me to a good and easy to understand breeding tutorial? I kind of want to breed a team from scratch, but I hear IV's are a pretty essential part to it. I know what IV's mean (in a very straightforward sense), but I have no idea how to check IVs of breed to get better IVs.

Heres a stat calculator.

http://veekun.com/dex/gadgets/stat_calculator

There is also IV dude in Kiloude.

And you breed with a 6IV Ditto for IVs.

That's the simple explanation.

Illucio

Banned

Your asking to breed IV's?
Prepare to cry.

http://nuggetbridge.com/breeding/breeding-perfect-pokemon-x-y/

Good overall site, especially for EV training guide which is here:
http://nuggetbridge.com/articles/ev-training-hotspots-x-y/

And take suggestions for move sets from Smogon, and after you get a hang of things plan on making your own Pokemon on Pokemon you competitive battlers normally don't use so you can feel awesome like the world champion did when his Pachirisu kicked major butt to victory.

Could it just be, it's been a while and it just feels more difficult? Of course, though, boils down to RNG. Curious, what's your team currently consist of?
Yeah I think it's probably that, I have seen other people comment that X/Y are easier than previous games. Hopefully I end up getting better. My team so far is: Greninja, Charizard (Mega X), Gallade, Doublade (I need a Dusk Stone!), Rhyhorn and a Pancham (HM slave) who I plan to replace with a Grass Rotom when I catch it.

Muku

Yeah I think it's probably that, I have seen other people comment that X/Y are easier than previous games. Hopefully I end up getting better. My team so far is: Greninja, Charizard (Mega X), Gallade, Doublade (I need a Dusk Stone!), Rhyhorn and a Pancham (HM slave) who I plan to replace with a Grass Rotom when I catch it.

Nice. :) Would you like a Dusk Stone? I have an extra.

Edit: Well... damn. Trading on GTS and got a shiny Dialga instead of a normal one. If anyone wants a Shiny Dialga, let me know.

lupinko

Here's pics of one of the first pokemon scrap promotions, Muku I found them at Seiyu aka Japanese Walmart. It was the last one though. ¥120, the tuna Kyogre is ok, it's just a tuna sandwich.

nRpVGjp.jpg

Muku

I always get creeped out at some of the food stuff. Unless I just opened the can, I'm not a fan of room temperature tuna, LOL. Sounds like the food stuff is selling pretty good if it's last one there. Though I'm wondering, are the cards specific in the items, or is it just a basic card that you then redeem and it realizes you redeemed one and get Shaymin?

lupinko

Pics of the card.

cRhFxtV.jpg

niAYb9d.jpg

KiYdrZX.jpg

WiKztUc.jpg

Serial covered for obvious reasons. Looks like not until the game is out probably. You redeem them on the official Pokemon site.

Edit: damn iPad mini.

Muku

Hm okay. Oh and those Oreos are good! Had a pack other week. Wasn't sure what to expect, but they were good. Just not really Oreos, hah.

Muku

^

I am super jealous I think i'll just order some card to get a code for Shaymin and call it a day.

I imagine it'll probably be a region locked code that is given for the Pokemon.

Edit: Maybe. Depends when I get JPN Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire. I'll redeem my own Shaymin code on my JPN Y.

-> If under assumption that one code per game. If many are allowed on one game, sure thing.

lupinko

I imagine it'll probably be a region locked code that is given for the Pokemon.

Edit: Maybe. Depends when I get JPN Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire. I'll redeem my own Shaymin code on my JPN Y.

I believe Pokemon Scrap is ORAS only, nothing on the merchandise or site indicates XY iirc.

Muku

I believe Pokemon Scrap is ORAS only, nothing on the merchandise or site indicates XY iirc.

Meh. Might be a bit, maybe Christmas until I get one then. JPN games are on my list. Guess I'll have to wait. Dunno why they can't allow X/Y. :/

Panzon

The anxiety for ORAS is kicking in. I cant stop thinking about the game and get all itchy and shit. Very weird

Anyway, did the shiny Gengar come with an exclusive move or something?

Anyway, did the shiny Gengar come with an exclusive move or something?
Yeah, Sludge Wave. Really weird how they decided to let Gengar have it as an event move but not from a TM, especially if the original reasoning was to make Chesnaught or anything else in the future with Bulletproof a counter to it. Probably thought people wouldn't be resetting for 18 hours for a Timid Shiny Gengar with a 31 IV in SpAtk and Speed with a move it can't learn normally because that sounds tedious or something fans totally don't do.

MicH

Yeah, Sludge Wave. Really weird how they decided to let Gengar have it as an event move but not from a TM, especially if the original reasoning was to make Chesnaught or anything else in the future with Bulletproof a counter to it. Probably thought people wouldn't be resetting for 18 hours for a Timid Shiny Gengar with a 31 IV in SpAtk and Speed with a move it can't learn normally because that sounds tedious or something fans totally don't do.
Yeah, but even then hacking does exist. Better get ready to face 6 31IV event Mega Gengars with Sludge Wave on Battle Spot

lupinko

Yeah, but even then hacking does exist. Better get ready to face 6 31IV event Mega Gengars with Sludge Wave on Battle Spot

Can people hack with Datel's powersaves now? Because I heard originally that only Cybergadget's device allowed that and that device is only for Japanese region 3ds hardware and software.

MicH

Can people hack with Datel's powersaves now? Because I heard originally that only Cybergadget's device allowed that and that device is only for Japanese region 3ds hardware and software.
Well, it is limited, but you can change IVs and natures with it

Any Adventure Time fan, wants my shiny Vespiquen named Breezy, getting a custom perfect HP Ice one done for me and it's kind of hard to trade nicknamed pokes.

offering it for free of course uncloned/or hacked KB

Panzon

Damn it. Is it too late to request one here? Idk what I can give in return but I'd be very greatful. Never paid much attention to the event because I thought it was just a shiny Gengar and nothing else

Would love to get my hands on one now :(

MicH

I have a couple of tough requests. I hope someone can help me. I'm looking for the following:

HA (Damp) Mudkip
Female HA (Iron Fist) Timburr in a luxury ball
Female HA (Limber) Buneary in a luxury ball

If the luxury ball requests are too difficult any other ball would be great too

I'll try and get you what you want in return :)

Top Bottom