• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Ugh, so this is a Pokemon Black related question, but I just beat the E4 and champ for the first time and now I'm in the post-game. My pokemon are all level 44-50, and the post game areas (routes, extensions on previous areas, etc.) are all level 60 and up. I know the new E4 have pokemon at level 70+, and I'm trying to figure out the best way to grind through the post-game because I really, really want to complete it and move on to Black 2.

Any help? Should I just spam the post-game with legendaries? That seems like a cop-out. My pokes right now are Serperior, Eelektrik, Unfezant, Seismitoad, Gothitelle, and Lampent.

lupinko

Ok I just brought this bad boy from Hoenn.
3scqvNV.jpg
To Kalos.

His form changed along from Kanto to Sinnoh to Unova.

Muku

You can always change the forms at Ambrette I think? The place with the fossil restoration thingy.

With that spread everything but Defense should be ok.

That's correct, in the lab.

Edit: Just curious guys, but what do yall think of the GTS? In terms of trying to find something on it. I kind of wish it would tell you how many pages of what is it 50 per there were. I imagine most of the deals are taken and what's languishing in the back is probably Scatterbugs looking to be traded for Diancie, but I can't be only one that wishes this was a little more robust, right? I also wish they'd kind of limit how long something was up. 3 days max maybe? Then it gets sent back to you. Just feels like this whole thing would clear out and maybe be better overall, but maybe I'm over thinking it.

That's correct, in the lab.

Edit: Just curious guys, but what do yall think of the GTS? In terms of trying to find something on it. I kind of wish it would tell you how many pages of what is it 50 per there were. I imagine most of the deals are taken and what's languishing in the back is probably Scatterbugs looking to be traded for Diancie, but I can't be only one that wishes this was a little more robust, right? I also wish they'd kind of limit how long something was up. 3 days max maybe? Then it gets sent back to you. Just feels like this whole thing would clear out and maybe be better overall, but maybe I'm over thinking it.

GTS is pretty awful, tbh. Needs a totally usability make over. Takes forever to navigate, very limited search options for how complex pokemon is, not enough options for the pokemon requested, etc. etc.

Muku

I kind of wish they'd go as far to even separate shinies, since those are kind of a league of their own. I agree the whole thing needs a makeover. Really feel like a timer on how long Pokemon are up would help to some degree. And not allowing folks to spam the whole thing asking for Mew and Diancie. Ugh.

GTS needs an overhaul, but feel like we moved backwards from trading with strangers online too. I used to do it in Black because there were ways to communicate. Now it's one big mess. How do we move backwards?

lupinko

I kind of wish they'd go as far to even separate shinies, since those are kind of a league of their own. I agree the whole thing needs a makeover. Really feel like a timer on how long Pokemon are up would help to some degree. And not allowing folks to spam the whole thing asking for Mew and Diancie. Ugh.

GTS needs an overhaul, but feel like we moved backwards from trading with strangers online too. I used to do it in Black because there were ways to communicate. Now it's one big mess. How do we move backwards?

It's gamefreak, look how we lost customization in ORAS for reasons. :/

And the current pokemon scrap promo is stupid, no store carries the sandwiches. I've only found one store so far and I was only able to get one.

Also I should check if the event mon and items are done via wonder card or pokemon link. Because if it's the latter, it's going to suck.

Muku

It's gamefreak, look how we lost customization in ORAS for reasons. :/

And the current pokemon scrap promo is stupid, no store carries the sandwiches. I've only found one store so far and I was only able to get one.

Also I should check if the event mon and items are done via wonder card or pokemon link. Because if it's the latter, it's going to suck.

Man, is it really that bad with the scrap promo? They just aren't carrying them? Or are they just sold out? Guess it makes it better to wait for the TCG stuff then I guess.

Not sure why they want to nerf online trading with loss of communication tools. They must no longer want folks to trade at all.
Or they're saying get moar IRL friends that do it. >_>

lupinko

Man, is it really that bad with the scrap promo? They just aren't carrying them? Or are they just sold out? Guess it makes it better to wait for the TCG stuff then I guess.

Not sure why they want to nerf online trading with loss of communication tools. They must no longer want folks to trade at all.
Or they're saying get moar IRL friends that do it. >_>

Gamefreak gives and takes away. :/

Oh I don't think any store other than the one giant Seiyu I went to carries it. It would be in the bread section with its own area. There are other pokemon bread and donut foods but they're for the XY anime and the other game food is all for youkai watch. That seiyu hasn't restocked yet. They are ¥120 if I didn't mention it. If tuna isn't your thing, groudon iirc is strawberry jam.

For GTS they really need to put server side hack and profanity checks. Don't look at Jirachi, Celebi or Diancie (I'm surprised no action has been taken as while online interactions at not ESRB rated that ruins the family friendly nature of the game). Really sad that people would spend money on a Japanese 3DS and cyber gadget for the sake of griefing like that (the profanity check only happens when you make the name, if you edit it using hacks).

I consider my dumps on GTS a charity that is slightly more appreciated than wonder trading and it is really nice when I actually get something I want (I got a HA Numel recently, trying for HA Tentacool but I keep just getting egg moves, normally rapid spin which seeing as I don't play 6v6 is useless).
Edit: Got the HA Tentacool. Hope Rukio enjoys the Giga Drain HA bulbasaur.

Scatterbug and Vivilion listings I swear never actually end. It would help if non-Japanese people stopped putting up Japanese purple ones they got on wonder trade and being like Sandstorm please/Shiny please/no purple (at least put your own Vivilion up).

MicH

Holy shit! I just hatched a shiny Treecko! Oh YEAH :D It even has HP Fire!!!!! Only 2-3 IVs in Defense though, but otherwise flawless. AWESOME :D I cannot wait to train him up, trade him to ORAS and MEGA EVOLVE him :D

That was surprisingly quick. It took less than a week! Nonetheless, I have already decided on my next project: HP Ice Elektrike. I already have an HP Ice Manectric + an HP Ice Ditto, so getting that perfect Elektrike should be quite easy. Wish me luck :D

lupinko

Holy shit! I just hatched a shiny Treecko! Oh YEAH :D It even has HP Fire!!!!! Only 2-3 IVs in Defense though, but otherwise flawless. AWESOME :D I cannot wait to train him up, trade him to ORAS and MEGA EVOLVE him :D

That was surprisingly quick. It took less than a week! Nonetheless, I have already decided on my next project: HP Ice Elektrike. I already have an HP Ice Manectric + an HP Ice Ditto, so getting that perfect Elektrike should be quite easy. Wish me luck :D

Congrats that's awesome! Which nature? :D

I'm currently trying to do a Mild Shiny Latios in my English Emerald.

Unlike the Japanese carts I have where I started from scratch, the shiny spread isn't that great in my English game since the ID couldn't be abused back then. It's ok, but I'm currently debating a Mild Lugia and a Mild/Adamant/Careful Hooh (I already caught a better IV Ho-oh in one of my Japanese games).

Mild Latios is alright since he can do DD/Outrage/EQ/Draco Meteor.

And dunno what to do with adamant Regirock, right now I have Rock Slide/Counter/Focus Punch/Explosion. I'm not sold on Focus Punch, I'm thinking between EQ/Fire Punch/Ice Punch. It's the first of many Shiny Adamant Regirocks so I'd like this one to use counter.

MicH

Congrats that's awesome! Which nature? :D

I'm currently trying to do a Mild Shiny Latios in my English Emerald.

Unlike the Japanese carts I have where I started from scratch, the shiny spread isn't that great in my English game since the ID couldn't be abused back then. It's ok, but I'm currently debating a Mild Lugia and a Mild/Adamant/Careful Hooh (I already caught a better IV Ho-oh in one of my Japanese games).

Mild Latios is alright since he can do DD/Outrage/EQ/Draco Meteor.

And dunno what to do with adamant Regirock, right now I have Rock Slide/Counter/Focus Punch/Explosion. I'm not sold on Focus Punch, I'm thinking between EQ/Fire Punch/Ice Punch. It's the first of many Shiny Adamant Regirocks so I'd like this one to use counter.
Timid nature. Also breeding Timid Elektrikes and I already have quite a few HP Ice (w/ Lightningrod) if anyone wants one. Can't guarantee they're flawless, but they are outstanding with perfect HP, SpA, SpD and Speed. So if anyone wants one, let me know

Good luck on the Latios! I really like shiny Latios and Latias :) Also some of my favorite legendaries!

MicH

I'm sorry for the double post, but I Have to!

I just hatched a shiny Electrike! I cannot believe it! It took, what? 2 hours? Holy shit, that's insane!

mFIgN94l.jpg

I remembered to take a photo this time :D It might be hard to see, but it really is blue!

AND it has Hidden Power Ice!! Unfortunately, it's IVs are not ideal:

Electrike - #309 (Timid)
HP: 31
Att: 0
Def: 30
SpA: 31
SpD: 31
Speed: 4 - 5

That Speed makes me all kinds of sad :( AND it has Static, but an Ability Capsule can fix that. That Speed though :( But YAY anyway! Can't believe how quick that was o_O

onslack

Timid nature. Also breeding Timid Elektrikes and I already have quite a few HP Ice (w/ Lightningrod) if anyone wants one. Can't guarantee they're flawless, but they are outstanding with perfect HP, SpA, SpD and Speed. So if anyone wants one, let me know

Could I grab one please?

lupinko

Pretty happy with the Diancie i got - Impish nature but 4 perfect IVs (HP, ATK, Def, SpDef).

Nice Diancie!

And that finally came after 18 SRs.

IVs are 4/26/19/12/20/27

It's okay compared to my Japanese game RNG since this English game is a holdover from before I knew Gen 3 RNG.

Also it's a lot nicer getting on the island naturally than just warping there.

Here's a vid of the capture.

http://youtu.be/Xf3jBvbobbA

Nice Diancie!

And that finally came after 18 SRs.

IVs are 4/26/19/12/20/27

It's okay compared to my Japanese game RNG since this English game is a holdover from before I knew Gen 3 RNG.

Also it's a lot nicer getting on the island naturally than just warping there.

Here's a vid of the capture.

http://youtu.be/Xf3jBvbobbA

Thanks - i've never really got anything decent at events before (my Meloetta was HORRIBLE) so nice to get lucky. I got mine at the GAME in Oxford Street, London - was pretty quiet so was in and out in 2 minutes.

Congrats on the Latios! :D

You got your Treecko? Congrats!

*Edit: How the heck did I miss your shiny Electrike?! Double congrats!

MicH

You got your Treecko? Congrats!

*Edit: How the heck did I miss your shiny Electrike?! Double congrats!
Haha, thanks! Yeah, those were a couple of crazy hours! I still can't quite believe I managed to get two shinies within two hours, not to mention an Electrike so damn fast!

Haha, thanks! Yeah, those were a couple of crazy hours! I still can't quite believe I managed to get two shinies within two hours, not to mention an Electrike so damn fast!

I hope I can get your luck with my latest project, bulletproof Chespin. I was gonna name him Kevin Costner (cause you know, the Bodyguard?) and it just fits with no space but I might go with Eastwood instead.

MicH

I hope I can get your luck with my latest project, bulletproof Chespin. I was gonna name him Kevin Costner (cause you know, the Bodyguard?) and it just fits with no space but I might go with Eastwood instead.
That's awesome! I actually bred a shiny Chespin way back in May or something like that just before I stopped playing, and I was gonna EV train him now along with my Treecko and Electrike :) Good luck on your Chespin!

I'm not sure which shiny Pokémon I want to try and get next, might take a little break.

Xiul

I just hatched a shiny Electrike! I cannot believe it! It took, what? 2 hours? Holy shit, that's insane!

I remembered to take a photo this time :D It might be hard to see, but it really is blue!

AND it has Hidden Power Ice!! Unfortunately, it's IVs are not ideal:

Electrike - #309 (Timid)
HP: 31
Att: 0
Def: 30
SpA: 31
SpD: 31
Speed: 4 - 5

That Speed makes me all kinds of sad :( AND it has Static, but an Ability Capsule can fix that. That Speed though :( But YAY anyway! Can't believe how quick that was o_O

RNG gods like you today buddy, Congrats!

All the shiny talk here has made me kinda want to start MMing again. But at the same time I don't. lol

Speaking of which, yesterday I got a shiny Beedrill through WT. Level 100, 6iv, Jolly, non-Kalos native. Preeety sure it isn't a natural pokemon, but what the hay, I wanted to try out its mega when ORAS releases.

Pretty rad! I've done like <0.5 hours flawless shinies a couple of times so it's not *that* fast, though. :p

MicH

How are you guys breeding shinies so efficiently? Using shiny charm or what?
Shiny charm + a JP/foreign Ditto. It's still down to luck hough. I have encountered quite a few shinies om my X and Y copies:

Shiny Scraggy in a horde
Shiny Furfrou within two hours of game play
Shiny Foongus in a horde
Shiny Ralts from am egg (actually trying)
Shiny Roselia from egg (not even trying)
Shiny Chespin from egg (actually trying)

And of course the Treecko and Electrike from today :)

PBalfredo

Does anyone have an Intimidate Scraggy/Scrafty with egg moves to trade? I want to add Scrafty to my team, but I don't want to spend a dozen years breeding a ton of egg moves into him.

Might have to seek out a hacked foreign ditto, then. Gonna have to breed my lotad eventually.

Does anyone have an Intimidate Scraggy/Scrafty with egg moves to trade? I want to add Scrafty to my team, but I don't want to spend a dozen years breeding a ton of egg moves into him.

I do. Should have a spitback for you with egg moves.

Good luck on the Latios! I really like shiny Latios and Latias :) Also some of my favorite legendaries!

Would I be able to get one of those HP Ice Elektrikes? :)

I don't even have the oval charm much less the shiny one so for me it's a test of will, though my ralts took way way way too many eggs.

lupinko

All the shiny talk here has made me kinda want to start MMing again. But at the same time I don't. lol

Speaking of which, yesterday I got a shiny Beedrill through WT. Level 100, 6iv, Jolly, non-Kalos native. Preeety sure it isn't a natural pokemon, but what the hay, I wanted to try out its mega when ORAS releases.

We should find a time to trade, I have your Mild HA Hooh and Impish Jirachi still. Lol

We should find a time to trade, I have your Mild HA Hooh and Impish Jirachi still. Lol
Ah yes, Japan strikes again. Lets see, I'm available now the next couple of hours if your still on, or around this time tomorrow, or most of Saturday if you prefer.

Are you kidding me?! I was in the friend Safari trying to find a HA Lillipup when a shiny Loudred appeared. I don't even know anymore. This say is crazy

EDIT it's Modest. My god. Soundproof though

Luxury balls
Man you're on fire dude

Top Bottom