• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Madn

If i want to level up a pokemon really fast is there any reason not to use the exp sharing item while doing the league? Like is it okay if they do 5+ levels in a go? Probably just a stupid question but i wanted to be sure before leveling up all the starters I got

Wichu

If i want to level up a pokemon really fast is there any reason not to use the exp sharing item while doing the league? Like is it okay if they do 5+ levels in a go? Probably just a stupid question but i wanted to be sure before leveling up all the starters I got

Yeah, it's completely fine.

Though the league isn't the fastest way of level grinding. That goes to either the 3-star restaurant in Lumiose or a maxed-out Battle Chateau.

Madn

Yeah, it's completely fine.

Though the league isn't the fastest way of level grinding. That goes to either the 3-star restaurant in Lumiose or a maxed-out Battle Chateau.

Thanks a lot! I will try doing that then. It's been a while since my last pokemon (pearl) but i got x because of the 3d hype and I'm now trying to put together a team. I've never tried playing pokemon competitively so it's kinda exciting :)

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone needs a NA Diancie code? I got one extra.

EDIT: claimed

Always use the Exp. Share item when grinding. Always.

Muku

Well, I got another Shiny Dialga today off GTS. Sigh. So, I have one if anyone is interested. Let me know.

lupinko

Yeah. One yesterday was an obvious one. Today it's an OT I've not seen before, and nothing perfect about it.

Edit: Phantump makes me so sad. Days of this now...

Ouch, well that Shiny Deoxys should make things better, and look what the RNG gods gave me just now for one of my Diancies.

Sassy

31 HP; 30–31/30–31 Physical; 30–31/30–31 Special; 6–7 Speed

First time I turned it on today too, wow 5IV flawless.

Edit:

Qnugaot.jpg

I hope I continue to get this Wondercard luck going forward.

:D

Edit: Confirmed that it is HP Ice too. :D

Xiul

Hello everyone!

A quick presentation:
I had not played a Pokemon game since the third generation but a couple of months ago I bought Pokemon X to play with the children.
Right now I'm trying to finish filling the Pokedex and getting ready for the arrival of ORAS, and I have played 260 hours in this couple of months, these games are like drugs to me.

I normally lurk here on GAF, but with the arrival of ORAS think I'll be a little more active.

Diancie can now be traded also I have 4 codes if anyone wants it.

Do you want something for one?

MicH

Hello everyone!

A quick presentation:
I had not played a Pokemon game since the third generation but a couple of months ago I bought Pokemon X to play with the children.
Right now I'm trying to finish filling the Pokedex and getting ready for the arrival of ORAS, and I have played 260 hours in this couple of months, these games are like drugs to me.

I normally lurk here on GAF, but with the arrival of ORAS think I'll be a little more active.
Welcome! PokeGAF is an awesome place, and I can't wait for it to be more active as well :) That, plus Hoenn is the best region and games in the series! :D

Hello everyone!

A quick presentation:

Do you want something for one?

I don't but I would rather give them to people with the right system +wrong region at least at first.

Xiul

yeh it seems I didn't made it clear I would like to offer my codes at least at first to people who live in a PAL territory but own a NA system.

Ok, gotcha.

I forgot that even online events are still region locked.
I wish Game Freak would stop doing that, it makes things unnecessarily complicate.

Edit: Actually I am the same boat of Boss Doggie, I live in Central America so i don't know if that counts.

Shantom

Does anyone know if the UK Shiny Gengar codes expire after the distribution ends? I run a Pokémon Society at my uni and was hoping to give codes to the winners, but the distribution ends before the event, so I need to be sure that I actually have a valid prize lined up :)

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Anyone happen to have another NA Diancie code? I tried a second GameStop today after my fail last week and got told the same thing -- that NYC stores have been out. I'm sort of annoyed by this, but whatever. Next time I'll try to go Day 1 if my work schedule allows it.

lupinko

Diancie can now be traded also I have 4 codes if anyone wants it.

With that said I am giving away two 3IV Diancies (Bold and Careful) and one shiny timid Gengar, one per gaffer who either doesn't have said event or missed it completely, priority to those in regions with difficulty attaining said events.

Pre-Gen 6, yes and that is good lol. Pretty lucky.

Just pointing out that HP is always at BP of 60 in Gen 6 in case you didn't know.

Thanks for the kudos and the info!

That's hella awesome man! And with a very much useful hidden power so it's like, death to ground types.

Yeah I know, I want a bulky wall Diancie too that was going to be slow. HP Ice is what she needs anyway other than HP Ice.

STAB Moonblast actually deals more damage than HP Ice

Why not both? And HP Ice has a lot of uses still.

Edit: List updated, Shiny Timid Gengar claimed.

Ouch, well that Shiny Deoxys should make things better, and look what the RNG gods gave me just now for one of my Diancies.

Sassy

31 HP; 30–31/30–31 Physical; 30–31/30–31 Special; 6–7 Speed

First time I turned it on today too, wow 5IV flawless.

Edit:

Qnugaot.jpg

I hope I continue to get this Wondercard luck going forward.

:D

Edit: Confirmed that it is HP Ice too. :D
Missed this.

Lucky! :p Congrats, such a good Diancie.

yami4ct

Why are the GL maintenance periods so damn long? I've been trying to sort of get into competitive battling and have been using teams I got off Nugget Bridge+Battle Spot Ranked to get a feel for the real mechanics of Double Battle, but just as I finished my new team I find out the BS ranked is down until 10 PM Tomorrow. Ugh. Tried normal Free Battle, but the people there are so scrubby even all-legendary teams can't help them. Sure, it's just a minor annoyance, but it's still really stupid.

fek

Why not both? And HP Ice has a lot of uses still.
It's just that even against things 2x weak to ice, Moonblast still deals more damage. I guess both can work if you want to hit things like Gliscor harder, but for a wall I think moves like screens/trick room/stealth rocks would be more useful in most cases

lupinko

It's just that even against things 2x weak to ice, Moonblast still deals more damage. I guess both can work if you want to hit things like Gliscor harder, but for a wall I think moves like screens/trick room/stealth rocks would be more useful in most cases

True but I have a Sassy Jirachi with body slam/iron head/stealh rocks/wish and a jolly Celebi with baton pass/SD/zhb/sb cleaning out Unova currently in W2 and they could probably be good teammates for a sassy tank Diancie.

On Fairy types, HP Ice is more of an ingame thing to conserve PP. Not terribly useful in competitive play, but having HP Ice there helps if you're just trying to sweep a lot of ingame trainers in a row or something like that. It's a good enough offensive type that it will be "strong enough" in many situations.

MicH

Don't forget about HP Fire. I love having it on my Roserade and being able to take out steels with her.
Not to mention Ice types! I actually bred a near-perfect shiny HP Fire Roselia a few months back. That was awesome (perfect except SpA at around 20 i believe).

HP Fire is preferred for Diancie too to take out those nasty Steel types she's 4x week to.

Interesting. Just got a good blunder trade (aka wonder trade). A shiny 6IV Charmander 4 egg moves from one X-player who has done over 24,000 link trades. A quick search lead me to their twitter. Nice as I had been meaning to breed a timid Charizard Y down the line as my modest one really suffers a bit from well...not being Timid. Shiny is just the price to pay for it having a nickname...

Would have been hilarious if it was the Bulbasaur they are also sending out as I'm breeding egg moves onto that right now.

tl;dr I just discovered wt Wednesdays and got something out of it.

Panzon

Wanna run an Aasault Vest Marowak but it kind of defeats the purpose of her signiture move and item so now I'm stuck. Such an awesome Pokemon but that speed is so bad. Worst part is I suck with Trick Room teams :(

Really quick though, I'd like your opinions on this matter:

How would you guys feel about physical attacking pokemon having a move similar to Hidden Power where depending on the IVs you can run physical hidden power ice, grass, etc. Same for special attackers. What do you think about having a special move the equivalent of the moves Return/Frustration but obviously for special attackers.

Do you think it would be a cool addition, does it brake the balance of the game, or is it one of those "don't fix what ain't broken" kind of things?

Top Bottom