• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Muku

@MicH: Holy crap dude, you must be stealing shiny luck from other folks today. ;) Congrats!

Scatterbug and Vivilion listings I swear never actually end. It would help if non-Japanese people stopped putting up Japanese purple ones they got on wonder trade and being like Sandstorm please/Shiny please/no purple (at least put your own Vivilion up).

They don't. I'm so tired of the Elegant ones. Made sure my JPN 3DS did NOT have that awful one. Only two smaller regions in Japan have other patterns. Either one has to be worth adjusting at start to get anything but that one. Which makes me question, will region at start of creation of file on ORAS... will it take where you're region is again and set it for your Scatters in game? If so going to have do some region changing on them all to get different ones than I already have covered with X/Y and JPN X. Also means I know which region Scatterbug I want next.

I dislike the "here's a really common Scatterbug pattern, please give me one of the more difficult ones to obtain." Psssh. I don't surf the Scatterbug/Vivillon area anymore though. Too many folks want decent stuff for absolute garbage. Problem though is you can put up a Sandstorm Vivillon, ask for a Jungle Vivillon in notes, but because there are no specific tags to make sure you get that, someone trades you an Elegant one anyway. *facepalm*

On a side note, if anyone wants 5IV Timid Sandstorm or Monsoon Scatterbugs, let me know. I keep the good ones around for you guys. Ones I put up on GTS are everything but the perfect spread. Might also have a 6IV of Monsoon or two if anyone is interested.

Edit: Nicki Minaj Serviper had me cracking up...

Daemul

Hey guys, sorry to hijack the thread, but since this is by far the most active Pokemon thread, I thought it bes to ask my question here.

I've booted up my Pokemon Black 2 again and I just wanted to know, is there a VS Seeker or a direct equivalent in the game? Black 1 didn't have it and the game was a pain to go through, the daily battles in the stadium was no where near enough.

No VS Seeker, but post-game there's a place where you can battle trainers over and over and get Exp and Money from them. They're high-level trainers, too. Also, during the story there are Pokemon Breeders you can fight each time you enter the area. So you just exit and enter the area over and over until you're all leveled up.

Daemul

No VS Seeker, but post-game there's a place where you can battle trainers over and over and get Exp and Money from them. They're high-level trainers, too. Also, during the story there are Pokemon Breeders you can fight each time you enter the area. So you just exit and enter the area over and over until you're all leveled up.

Oh thank god, I won't have to farm Audino forever. Thank you so much for this information, you have no idea how happy it's made me.

I've looked up the breeders and it's nice to see that they vary in level, so I will always have one to farm for experience as my pokemon move higher up in level.

@MicH: Holy crap dude, you must be stealing shiny luck from other folks today. ;) Congrats!
I got a bit of that luck. On the route to 5IV (my breeding shinies always happen here) Corphish, I got a 4IV shiny one, thankfully with HA. I need to work out its speed but it could be pretty usable (Crawdaunt does traditionally invest in speed but a base of 55 is still lame) which is nice for a change. Although it really is a glass cannon of a Pokemon which is not the best thing for a bad player like me.

I nicknamed it Waluigi then saw that shiny Crawdaunt is Orange.

I've had wonder trade luck too with 3 Pidgeys in a row, two from the same player but all are Timid and egg moves. One of them was a female in Level Ball too.

Hey guys just started Pokèmon X! I wanted to ask you, is Charmander rare/valuable? I don't like the starters and I wanted to use charmander as my starter, since you can trade pokèmon very early in the game. So the question is, is there any chance to trade a lvl 1 Charmander with any shitty pokèmon like caterpie and friends?

DaBoss

I hatched a Shiny Axew a few weeks ago. It took about 150 eggs or so. Didn't have perfect HP, but that's okay. The other 4 IVs are fine.
Hey guys just started Pokèmon X! I wanted to ask you, is Charmander rare/valuable? I don't like the starters and I wanted to use charmander as my starter, since you can trade pokèmon very early in the game. So the question is, is there any chance to trade a lvl 1 Charmander with any shitty pokèmon like caterpie and friends?
You can, but you may as well hold out till you get to Lumiose City (after the first gym). You can get a Charmander (or one of the other 2 gen 1 starters). It will also come with a mega stone for Mega Charizard X.

I hatched a Shiny Axew a few weeks ago. It took about 150 eggs or so. Didn't have perfect HP, but that's okay. The other 4 IVs are fine.

You can, but you may as well hold out till you get to Lumiose City (after the first gym). You can get a Charmander (or one of the other 2 gen 1 starters). It will also come with a mega stone for Mega Charizard X.

I thought it was more far in the game, so it's the second city?

MicH

Haha okay, this is hilarious. I am currently trying to get as many HA Pokemon (in luxury balls) so I can breed much easier in the future. And I am trying so hard to find some Smoochums, but I keep getting Vanilite andCubchoos..

And then I run into a shiny Vanilite in a horde. Wow. I don't know what's happening in my game :lol Haven't even caught it yet, but I will do so know

Panzon

Not sure if I should post this here or the community thread so sorry in advanced.

Does anyone still have a shiny Gengar event? Would really appreciate it and will try to give something good in return

MicH

lol, RNG must be favoring you greatly.

Yea, you get it early on. It will be at lvl 10. Yea, it is the second major city you go to, 4th town/city you go to.
Yeah it's crazy. Four shinies in 24 hours. That Shiny charm us putting in work! Now what's gonna be my next project....

lupinko

So I caught him earlier today.

5VxHF7Cl.jpg

4/26/19/12/20/27 Mild

20 SRs, but not as rewarding as what came on 41 SRs.

20/31/30/13/27/31 Adamant

Muku

That Mew... is so darn adorable!

Edit: I see the Eon Ticket thing has been announced. I wonder how it'll work in Japan though?

Man, that hate on FB regarding it, ouch!

DaBoss

4th town city itsn't THAT early I guess xD
I'll see if I find some friends that can trade it
Well you can get to the 3rd city in about 30-45 min. The first 2 cities/towns are your house, and that little town after Route 1 which is basically at your house lol.

There is a somewhat long route separating the 3rd city and Lumiose City, but I think you can get there within 1.5-2.5 hours from the moment you start the game.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I'm going back to hatching dragon eggs, i've had better luck with them than hatching starters.

Vewen

Neo Member
Guess I can forget about getting Diancie, went to Dreamland today (shop in belgium that has the diancie codes) and they will only give them away on the 28th of November to those that preordered at their shop.

This forces me to choose between getting diancie or sticking with my preorder at another shop and get the steelcase edition.

As a fan, that is not an easy choice.

JoeM86

Guess I can forget about getting Diancie, went to Dreamland today (shop in belgium that has the diancie codes) and they will only give them away on the 28th of November to those that preordered at their shop.

This forces me to choose between getting diancie or sticking with my preorder at another shop and get the steelcase edition.

Hate it when stores try to pull that bull.

Wanace

Preorder, get code, switch preorder to different game on different day.

Ah, misread. That sucks. They are only giving them out when you pick up the game? Maybe you could buy both and sell the extra somewhere.

Well you can get to the 3rd city in about 30-45 min. The first 2 cities/towns are your house, and that little town after Route 1 which is basically at your house lol.

There is a somewhat long route separating the 3rd city and Lumiose City, but I think you can get there within 1.5-2.5 hours from the moment you start the game.

Well in the end onslack was very nice and gifted me one!

I have some redeemed ones if you'd like.

onslack

After trying to breed a shiny charmander for months then giving up, I gave it another go today and finally got one!

4IV only - HP/SPATK/SPDEF/SPD

I nearly traded it away via wonder trade though LOL!!

i will send you a DIANCIEICNJI code

Joqu

Yeah, I'm Belgian too (hi!), heard the same thing today. Pretty scummy if you ask me. Our local Dreamland isn't even close-by so that was a lot of time wasted. :L

So uh, if anyone can give me a spare EU Diancie code too that would be swell

We should find a time to trade, I have your Mild HA Hooh and Impish Jirachi still. Lol

Still got your Poké's ready in my trade box. I'm not on much, maybe you should just give me an estimate time this weekend and I'll try and make it on. :p

EDIT: More Belgians above me! Guess I got lucky with my Diancie, not the event one though. Does the event one come with the stone?

Muku

Serial Code in CoroCoro next week :)

WHAT?! YES!!!

Though now I'm curious, if someone got it via the serial code in Corocoro, does it still get passed around on Streetpass, or is that only the other ones that do?

Edit: Also curious how long redemption time is on that.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I finally scored a CIB SoulSilver for a reasonable price. So happy! :')

Can I transfer all mon via Poke Bank of do I need the later DS Pokemon games?

The distribution for the Eon Ticket is -- again -- incredibly inconvenient and overcomplicated. Typical.

I finally scored a CIB SoulSilver for a reasonable price. So happy! :')

Can I transfer all mon via Poke Bank of do I need the later DS Pokemon games?

need to transfer them to BW/BW2 first.

lupinko

That Mew... is so darn adorable!

Edit: I see the Eon Ticket thing has been announced. I wonder how it'll work in Japan though?

Man, that hate on FB regarding it, ouch!

Thanks! And it turns out that I forgot that they'll obey me regardless of level because I caught them. So those fresh Japanese Emerald shiny farming playthroughs will be really fast, just stomp the game with Mew/Deoxys-S/Groudon/Kyogre/Hooh/Lugia. Too bad I can't get Rayquaza/Lati@s early since the game requires stuff I think, maybe the same for the Regis. I transferred up some of my Shinies to Pearl after I realized you can't get more than one champion ribbon. Lol

Serial Code in CoroCoro next week :)

Oh sweet.

Still got your Poké's ready in my trade box. I'm not on much, maybe you should just give me an estimate time this weekend and I'll try and make it on. :p

EDIT: More Belgians above me! Guess I got lucky with my Diancie, not the event one though. Does the event one come with the stone?

Got your stuff still too.

WHAT?! YES!!!

Though now I'm curious, if someone got it via the serial code in Corocoro, does it still get passed around on Streetpass, or is that only the other ones that do?

Edit: Also curious how long redemption time is on that.

Yeah I'd like to know too. Because at launch I am buying 4 copies, NA OR eshop, JP AS eshop, JP ORAS cart (pokemon Center exclusive goodies), if I can just relay it to myself its a lot better than having to buy multiple corocoro and wait for the NA code.

Trading for Diancie will be a lot easier than trading for a steel book. So I would stick with the steel book.

Muku

And I'm still trying to gift away the Regirock, Lugia and Rayquaza you gave me.

And Pearl's awful frame rate is only slightly more bearable when you get some help.

pYQDcChl.jpg

Team did it... like a boss! Nothing but awesomeness there.

You could always give them away on GTS, LOL. I figured I'd mention Dialga since it's been a bit. And I got rid of one this morning, haha.

lupinko

I'll take Pokes people are trying to give away.

You can take those Shiny Legendaries Muku gave me, I caught my own so I don't need them anymore. I also have extra weather duo from my SS previous owner's save.

I don't want anything in return, just take them! Lol

Team did it... like a boss! Nothing but awesomeness there.

You could always give them away on GTS, LOL. I figured I'd mention Dialga since it's been a bit. And I got rid of one this morning, haha.

Yeah that too, anyway it feels so much better when they're yours.

Looking back, the original Sinnoh HOF had Shiny Palkia, Shiny Ponyta, Crobat, Medicham, Gyarados and Infernape. Lol

braves01

Banned
Okay, I will gladly give those a Pokemon a home. You can't "gift" Pokemon in trades, right? So should I just give you some of my failed breeding experiments or is there something in particular you'd like?

My FC is 5327-1353-6553

lupinko

Okay, I will gladly give those a Pokemon a home. You can't "gift" Pokemon in trades, right? So should I just give you some of my failed breeding experiments or is there something in particular you'd like?

My FC is 5327-1353-6553

Sure you can do that too, I can trade now as well. My FC is in my profile, ign Black Mamba.

braves01

Banned
In Game Name, lol it has nothing to do with that awful site.

I'm going to drop 6 pokes over too if you don't mind. Lol

Lol. Just making sure. A lot of the Animal Crossing people use gamefaqs for trading, so I thought maybe there was a robust pokemon trading community at ign or something.
---
Are you online now? I'm not seeing you on my in game friends list. It's been a while since I've done a direct trade, I don't need to add you in game as well do I?

lupinko

Lol. Just making sure. A lot of the Animal Crossing people use gamefaqs for trading, so I thought maybe there was a robust pokemon trading community at ign or something.
---
Are you online now? I'm not seeing you on my in game friends list. It's been a while since I've done a direct trade, I don't need to add you in game as well do I?

I'm online now, let me see if you can show up. What's your character name?

Edit: it's just 3ds friends list that's it.

Top Bottom