• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

braves01

Banned
I'm online now, let me see if you can show up. What's your character name?

braves01, just like my username here

...we are trading in X/Y right?

edit: I wasn't connected for some reason now I see you

edit #2: Thank you so much lupinko for those Pokemon. Your trash is my treasure. Maybe you can make a coat out of those swinubs I gave you.

edit #3: It feels like ORAS is out now that I've got all legendaries, lol

lupinko

Yep, although I seem to have left Pancham in the bank, let me go fetch him.

Edit: Thank you!

Thanks! And I'm going to catch another Shiny Hooh but I don't want to have a bajillion adamants, lack of variety. I can catch a Mild Shiny Hooh, any ideas since I gave you one? Although it won't habe regenerator. :/

Sacred Fire
brave bird
Earthquake
Thunder

I just noticed Omnious Wind is definitely an option.

I should also do a Mild Lugia, Ice Beam, Thunder/Thunderbolt, Body Slam, Earthquake is decent I think.

Thanks! And I'm going to catch another Shiny Hooh but I don't want to have a bajillion adamants, lack of variety. I can catch a Mild Shiny Hooh, any ideas since I gave you one? Although it won't habe regenerator. :/

Sacred Fire
brave bird
Earthquake
Thunder

I should also do a Mild Lugia, Ice Beam, Thunder/Thunderbolt, Body Slam, Earthquake is decent I think.
I don't think you need both Thunder and Earthquake. I think SF+BB+EQ guess you good enough coverage, only walled by Rotom Heat and Wash from the top of my head. Thunder has terrible accuracy in the sun and Hooh gets nuked by water in the rain. Roost or Tailwind is probably the better choices for the fourth slot.

lupinko

I don't think you need both Thunder and Earthquake. I think SF+BB+EQ guess you good enough coverage, only walled by Rotom Heat and Wash from the top of my head. Thunder has terrible accuracy in the sun and Hooh gets nuked by water in the rain. Roost or Tailwind is probably the better choices for the fourth slot.

Oh ok, but in the case of roost, since it's coming up for gen 3, I could give Hooh Giga Drain and turn it into a Big Root Hooh in later gens. Gives him back health, adds coverage with grass and makes use of the SpA boost by Mild and big root gives it more health back.

I got the idea when you mentioned roost and saw that Hooh does learn Giga Drain in older games.

But I haven't caught it yet, and there is a careful shiny as well, I could just do that as it's a good Toxic/SF stall bird.

Jury is out on Lugia though, Mild/Careful/Quiet/Adamant are the only options on this spread.

Faenix1

Gasp! I missed free shinies? I kid.

So this Eon Ticket, it can only be gotten via street pass? Ouch. That means I'm out for that then. :|

lupinko

Gasp! I missed free shinies? I kid.

So this Eon Ticket, it can only be gotten via street pass? Ouch. That means I'm out for that then. :|

That's for the UK so far only.

North America hasnt been announced yet. And when I get around to replacing some of these GTS shinies with my own caught, I can give them to you too.

If you want we can do the trade for your Calm Diancie this weekend. Along with the other stuff.

Faenix1

North America hasnt been announced yet. And when I get around to replacing some of these GTS shinies with my own caught, I can give them to you too.

If you want we can do the trade for your Calm Diancie this weekend. Along with the other stuff.

Do they tend to do different distribution methods differently across regions? (Last was Crystal, don't think they did these things back then.. but what do I know)

I was kidding.. gonna make me feel like a mooch soon.. lol

No rush on the Diancie, whenever you're ready I should hopefully be around

lupinko

Do they tend to do different distribution methods differently across regions? (Last was Crystal, don't think they did these things back then.. but what do I know)

I was kidding.. gonna make me feel like a mooch soon.. lol

No rush on the Diancie, whenever you're ready I should hopefully be around

Yeah distrobutions are different per region even similar ones are different.

Eg Japan Movie Diancie was local wifi, whereas Taiwan Movie Diancie was a serial code. US and Canada have to deal with ebgamestop and etc...

Even for Eon ticket for Japan it's a serial code from a magazine you have to buy.

Oh and I was finally able to get more pokemon sandwiches to get the new ORAS dlc.

There were four left so I bought all four, three tuna kyogre and one jam groudon.

Here's a pic of groudon.
AZ7E9gNl.jpg

The jam is ok, and the tuna narrowly beats it out so even in food Kyogre is still winning.

Firestorm

North America was already announced too. StreetPass starting with League Leaders.

lupinko

North America was already announced too. StreetPass starting with League Leaders.

Really? Oh well that sucks for me, I don't know how my NA games can get it now right away. Unless I can streetpass the Corocoro code to my NA game.

Lol cross region probably not.

Here's a pic of the four DLC cards I got in addition to the first one, Mega Boomander ere Salamence.

5GR6wndl.jpg

Muku

I am hoping those who get it and are patients 0 in the Streetpass thing... actually do it. Problem with US is seems more difficult to do it. Though, last year in Hawaii would rack up quite a bit. But haven't tried it on trips to other places outside of LA for E3. But really only got them in E3.

I imagine best bet in US is to go to a major convention of some sort and pray. Lupinko, for your US ones, you could always try TGS next year, haha. I know every year I've gone get a ton of Streetpasses from all over.

Firestorm

Well as you can imagine I love the way they're doing it in North America. I've been annoyed as hell that they never do anything to promote leagues and tournaments and they've finally done something. The concept itself is pretty sweet too. Hopefully it gets people to look into their nearest league locations.

Really? Oh well that sucks for me, I don't know how my NA games can get it now right away. Unless I can streetpass the Corocoro code to my NA game.

Lol cross region probably not.
Streetpass on the whole has been region free so that may well work.

Then again this does present the opportunity for people to gatecrash the EU launch of the ticket by already having it so they might have put a block there. I hope not though.

Muku

Well as you can imagine I love the way they're doing it in North America. I've been annoyed as hell that they never do anything to promote leagues and tournaments and they've finally done something. The concept itself is pretty sweet too. Hopefully it gets people to look into their nearest league locations.

Do they still have Pokemon leagues? It's been YEARS since I've gone to my original one. Loved playing the TCG back in the day.

Edit: We're actually wondering whether the JPN Eon Ticket will Streetpass in general. That's one thing I'd really like to know.

lupinko

Do they still have Pokemon leagues? It's been YEARS since I've gone to my original one. Loved playing the TCG back in the day.

Edit: We're actually wondering whether the JPN Eon Ticket will Streetpass in general. That's one thing I'd really like to know.

If it does then it's the coolest thing ever. You could have Eon tickets for years to come!

I hope they bring back Birth Island and Faraway Island but seeing as how Hooh and Lugia got relegated to each game, probably not.

Mew and Deoxys are too important I guess for Game Freak.

*goes back to gen 3 to farm shiny Mew and Deoxys*

lupinko

Ok I read more about pokemon scrap, you make an account on the site and redeem your codes to get game serial codes.

I have 5 so far so that is just Shaymin and some potions. Since the codes stack on each other, you would need 16 codes to get Shaymin / Keldeo / Victini. You don't need the full twenty unless you really want another Master Ball and rare candies. Master Balls were great in Gen 3, but the quick ball is usually the same thing and is cooler.

So the codes can be farmed, it just requires multiple registrations on the site. So right now I can have 5 Shaymins or I'm 11 away from all three.

P.s. I need the new merch soon, I don't want to keep buying sandwiches, ugh.

Although they are the cheapest option.

Have 4 more NA Diancie Codes to give, I also know a lot of Gamestop stores are already out of them so priority to anyone that doesn't have access to the code.

Muku

Ok I read more about pokemon scrap, you make an account on the site and redeem your codes to get game serial codes.

I have 5 so far so that is just Shaymin and some potions. Since the codes stack on each other, you would need 16 codes to get Shaymin / Keldeo / Victini. You don't need the full twenty unless you really want another Master Ball and rare candies. Master Balls were great in Gen 3, but the quick ball is usually the same thing and is cooler.

So the codes can be farmed, it just requires multiple registrations on the site. So right now I can have 5 Shaymins or I'm 11 away from all three.

P.s. I need the new merch soon, I don't want to keep buying sandwiches, ugh.

Although they are the cheapest option.

Sandwiches aren't much cheaper than the TCG packs. Can't wait for that. Lot more useful than some piddly sandwiches.

Though you do bring up a good point. Do I want to continue to work for each Pokemon, or do I want to farm just Shaymin? Decisions decisions.

lupinko

Sandwiches aren't much cheaper than the TCG packs. Can't wait for that. Lot more useful than some piddly sandwiches.

Though you do bring up a good point. Do I want to continue to work for each Pokemon, or do I want to farm just Shaymin? Decisions decisions.

Yeah I can see this getting pricey if I wanted more than one, I probably do haha.

Velcro Fly

I hit up relays often and have had about 300 tags for Pokemon on streetpass so here's hoping I don't get screwed by that. I hope streetpassing someone who used a cheat device to get it doesn't mess up your game :(

Oswen

Just came home after visiting three stores and they were all out of Diancie codes, any kind person here with a spare EU code or even an already redeemed spare Diancie?

braves01

Banned
I would gladly take a spare Diancie as well, from anyone with spares. I have do access though, I just don't want to go to gamestop so keep me at the bottom of the list just in case there are no other takers.

Have 4 more NA Diancie Codes to give, I also know a lot of Gamestop stores are already out of them so priority to anyone that doesn't have access to the code.

I'd love one as well if you have one left. I don't have time to make it out to the nearest GS very often so when I was actually able to get there they were already out. :/

Firestorm

Yep. I'm at one right now where we are holding a video game Premier Challenge. I think the official news post needs to do a better job of highlighting them x.x

Joey Ravn

Banned
Hey, guys. I was going to get my EU code for Diancie today, but my girlfriend was feeling a bit under the weather, so I spent with her the afternoon. When I got to my local GAME, all the codes were gone...

Does anyone have a spare code to share with me? I could use a US code if a EU one isn't available, since I have a friend in Argentina who can redeem it, then share the Diancie with me.

Thanks in advance, duders.

Edit: Oh, and I can give you some legendaries, a 6-IV Adamant Tyranitar or even €5 via PayPal for the code...

Muku

Yep. I'm at one right now where we are holding a video game Premier Challenge. I think the official news post needs to do a better job of highlighting them x.x

Wow, that's pretty awesome. I might have to see if I can find one next year when I settle in to my new home. I really had a lot of fun back in the days at mine. Though I imagine they're TCG/video game focused now? I know had folks playing and trading in game there too, but was a lot more heavily focused on the TCG.

Man, been forever since the league was started. I remember getting my Prerelease Clefable there. x_x

So who's excited for the Eon Ticket Street Pass coming (to North America) eventually?

Not me, since the chance that it actually passes all the way across the country seems far less likely than TPC seems to think. Unless someone deliberately takes it everywhere they go, and they travel all over, the US is just far too spread out for this to be practical. Hoping someone finds a way to dupe it.

Wanace

Anyone have a 6IV Ditto they'd like to trade me? I can give you an adamant Marvel scale Dratini with Dragon Dance and Extremespeed. Not sure what the IVs are, probably at least 2-3 IVs, maybe up to 4 or 5.

Alternatively, if you dont have a ditto, any of the following I'm also searching for:

Genesect
Shaymin
Mew
Keldeo
Darkrai
Deoxys
Manaphy
Meloetta

i-Jest

Not me, since the chance that it actually passes all the way across the country seems far less likely than TPC seems to think. Unless someone deliberately takes it everywhere they go, and they travel all over, the US is just far too spread out for this to be practical. Hoping someone finds a way to dupe it.

I'm thinking the distribution strategy will be different for North America if we get it at all.

EDIT:

Maybe we'll get something like the Torchic Event or the Shiny Legendary Trio we got from GameStop/EBGames.

I'm thinking the distribution strategy will be different for North America if we get it at all.

Serebii currently states the following:

Edit @ 16:14: It has also been announced that in the US, Serial Codes for the Eon Ticket will be given to Play! Pokémon Organisers and heads of StreetPass groups from November 21st. From there, the Eon Ticket can be StreetPassed to other players

It's possible I'm reading this incorrectly, or that those serial codes will be more abundant than they seem, but this seems pretty clear, unfortunately.

Wouldn't HomePass - or whatever it's called; the homebrew where you can trick your console into thinking your house is a streetpass spot - alleviate some of the issue with the Eon ticket distribution?

This is my current hope. However this may have been patched. I thought I heard that it was working less consistently recently, so I'm not sure what the deal is. I also don't know if this would be able to effectively pass the ticket.

Wouldn't HomePass - or whatever it's called; the homebrew where you can trick your console into thinking your house is a streetpass spot - alleviate some of the issue with the Eon ticket distribution?

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I know Meloetta was given on a distribution event last year. But is there any other way to get it in-game? Or am I SOL?

i-Jest

Serebii currently states the following:

It's possible I'm reading this incorrectly, or that those serial codes will be more abundant than they seem, but this seems pretty clear, unfortunately.

This is my current hope. However this may have been patched. I thought I heard that it was working less consistently recently, so I'm not sure what the deal is. I also don't know if this would be able to effectively pass the ticket.

It is what it is. If I can get them i will. If not then oh well.

I know Meloetta was given on a distribution event last year. But is there any other way to get it in-game? Or am I SOL?

Don't think another event is coming anytime soon. I missed it too. I got into gen 5 pretty late though. I just missed the event by a day when I heard of it.

EDIT:

Anyone think someone will try to hack the demo to get all the starters with their megastones to the full game?

lupinko

I have a bunch of clones, so if you don't mind clones, I can give you one.

You can't get her in game, and the next events planned are the pokemon scrap event for Shaymin/Keldeo/Victini in Japan and VGC Pachirisu in South Korea.

lupinko

I went with careful since I already have an adamant, although I'll get more adamants later.

UJqpJlal.jpg

12 SRs, IVs are eh compared to the adamant I caught but meh.

Firestorm

Over a thousand people will get the initial code. I don't think one person needs to travel through the US for this.

Top Bottom