• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

If there is no limit on guesses, then I'd say Rotom.

Edit: Top of the page? Nice. Just a reminder that I'm looking for help in getting my shiny charm. If you have some legendary pokemon, a trusting heart, and stay up late into the night then I'd be really grateful for your help.

Seil

Pikachu?(cosplay lol)

Meloetta? I like Meloetta.

I need to fill out my pokedex so I can get the shiny charm and make this much less horrible. Any chance there's someone around who's willing to help out? I don't need to keep them, just hug them (with my 3DS).

Well, I have a living dex so I can help. But how many/what are you missing?

Muku

First to post my favorite Pokemon gets an X/Y Diancie code.

Hints: Same name in both Japanese and English. Also appears in Smash Bros in some shape or form. Can also change forms.

Probably should note if it's a US code, EU code, or what have you. Someone guessing and not being in correct region would be kind of a bummer. :(

It's still fairly TCG-focused in my area but when a new game comes out a lot of people usually get into it. Heck, the leagues were all about Smash when that came out =P I think in other areas people care more about filling out their stamp cards and such but in mine most people just get together to play Pokemon and hang out.

Sweet mother... sounds like heaven again. Well, sans the Smash stuff in the league. :p Haha. I have all my old pins I worked for. Each time a new season started I'd get the pins, then focus on other stuff. Though so far behind on cards. Do wonder how easily I'd be able to trade my JPN cards for some ENG ones. Definitely gotta find one when I get back.

Pikachu?(cosplay lol)

Meloetta? I like Meloetta.

Well, I have a living dex so I can help. But how many/what are you missing?

About 15 to 17. I plan on completing a living dex one day, but those legendaries are so hard to track down. Finding a way to get some wonder cards on my Platinum game would solve a lot of issues.

I even have the Gen II starters(not HA of course) in luxury balls. I doubt the parents were legit, but since it *is* possible I bred them anyway lol.
Non legit balls drive me mad as well. HA Milotic in Dive Ball...bzzt no, HA Gourgeist in Dusk ball...bzzt no. At least both of those blunder trades were male so I can breed the ball away.

I personally love the HG/SS balls although they can be inferior from a tactical standpoint (e.g. Safari Ball Kangaskarn, you now know I can't be packing Inner Focus as it is impossible to have that in a Safari Ball, then again IIRC only dream ball has that mystery ability advantage). But if push comes to shove I'm happy with anything except ultra ball...unless it is a wasp Pokemon.

lupinko

The Gen 2 starters in luxury balls are legal, you can catch their female second evolutions in Pokemon colosseum, so any Gen 3 ball is legitimate.

With that said, another motivation for me to go back so I can catch them in premier balls.

Wait, are gen 2 starters in luxury balls really legit? Serebii states that luxury balls were not in Colosseum
Attach to a Pokemon in Gen III then trade postgame. So if all 3 starters have the same ID they're not legit but at this point they are nth generation descendants so it is impossible to tell.

My point was more the person who made them might not have even been aware what was legit (my two examples were evidence that people usually don't) so it was fluke here.

MicH

Attach to a Pokemon in Gen III then trade postgame. So if all 3 starters have the same ID they're not legit but at this point they are nth generation descendants so it is impossible to tell.

My point was more the person who made them might not have even been aware what was legit (my two examples were evidence that people usually don't) so it was fluke here.
Oh right! I didn't even think of that. That's pretty cool

Non legit balls drive me mad as well. HA Milotic in Dive Ball...bzzt no, HA Gourgeist in Dusk ball...bzzt no. At least both of those blunder trades were male so I can breed the ball away.

I personally love the HG/SS balls although they can be inferior from a tactical standpoint (e.g. Safari Ball Kangaskarn, you now know I can't be packing Inner Focus as it is impossible to have that in a Safari Ball, then again IIRC only dream ball has that mystery ability advantage). But if push comes to shove I'm happy with anything except ultra ball...unless it is a wasp Pokemon.
Is it not possible to breed a Dusk ball female Gourgeist with HA male Gourgeist to get that?

MicH

I don't get why a male HA Gourgeist cannot be in a dusk ball. Catch a female HA Pumpkaboo in a dusk ball in a friend safari and breed it with a Ditto and get a male one with HA and dusk ball. Why is this not possible?

Wichu

It's possible to get HA Gourgeist in a Dusk Ball, but only the Regular Size one. HA Super Size Gourgeist is only available from the event.

I don't get why a male HA Gourgeist cannot be in a dusk ball. Catch a female HA Pumpkaboo in a dusk ball in a friend safari and breed it with a Ditto and get a male one with HA and dusk ball. Why is this not possible?
I blame the event one here as the press release around it made it sound like the HA was previously unreleased. I had completely forgotten about friend safari existing making it legit.* I should check the size of the Gourgeist though (I'm really bad at this to be honest)

Speaking of friend safaris, is there any way to stop the feature of it forgetting you've fully unlocked certain Safaris when you play on a different 3DS and then switch back (all the trainer portraits vanish until you see them online again, the Pokemon are back to Pokeball symbols and for some Safaris the third one will be locked now...a Ditto safari I've long since not needed was one of these).

My guess it would be down to how it remembers if a safari is unlocked and some of this info got overwritten when I used the other system so the only solution would be have no friends on the other system...which might not be bad as this other 3DS still has the previous owners NNID linked (it has a fair few digital games) and so I'm not taking it online (the owner could still delete it via a Wii U or get Nintendo to revoke it) and so the friends list offers no advantage.

*-For the sake of the example, replace it with the I can believe its powersaves Level Ball, way too perfect IVs (Jolly with 5*31, 0 in SpA; I know that is as likely as 6*31 though...) Darumaka.

MicH

It's possible to get HA Gourgeist in a Dusk Ball, but only the Regular Size one. HA Super Size Gourgeist is only available from the event.
I completely forgot that you can't get super size versions in friend Safari. That makes sense

Seil

Non legit balls drive me mad as well. HA Milotic in Dive Ball...bzzt no, HA Gourgeist in Dusk ball...bzzt no. At least both of those blunder trades were male so I can breed the ball away..

Gourgeist was already pointed out, but HA Milotic in a Dive Ball is also possible considering Feebas was in the dream world and you can use any ball in BW/2 for those.

Anyway, the owner of the Gen II starters claimed they were bred from Colosseum so it wasn't a fluke. If they're fake it was intended to look legit. Since it's possible and there's really no way to tell in that situation(and I really like luxury balls) I accepted them lol.

Gourgeist was already pointed out, but HA Milotic in a Dive Ball is also possible considering Feebas was in the dream world and you can use any ball in BW/2 for those.
Thanks for that info. I never got to see the Dream world so thought it was Dream balls only.

Firestorm

Sweet mother... sounds like heaven again. Well, sans the Smash stuff in the league. :p Haha. I have all my old pins I worked for. Each time a new season started I'd get the pins, then focus on other stuff. Though so far behind on cards. Do wonder how easily I'd be able to trade my JPN cards for some ENG ones. Definitely gotta find one when I get back.
Some people like collecting Japanese cards but since they're not legal to use here it's not really in demand outside that. However, the sleeves from the Pokemon Center can be sold to people in North America at 100% markup. People will buy sets of sleeves (1x64 or 2x32) for $15 - $25 depending on which it is.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?clk_...+center+sleeves&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

Can anyone with a PAL console help me out with some specific redemptions (nature/Date/Region and Photos) I can give Uncloned Event Torchic's/Poke Viv/Bank Celebi's/Perfect Shinies in return.

Thanks Rimon!

I happened to get a female Gastly with egg moves in a Moon ball from WT and while I don't usually breed to pass pokeballs down, I figured "why not?". At least now I'll be closer to making a competitive Gengar if I ever feel like using one.

Seil

Thanks! Finding those things was a pain for the longest.

4914-3978-2760 Thomas

Yeah I went through the trouble of finding safaris and going through hordes to collect every XY HA female in a luxury ball lol.

FC: 2878-9608-8408

Got your Swirlix ready.

Edit: Got two of them, so if anyone else needs an HA Swirlix gimme a shout. I'll probably release it in a few hours if no one wants it lol.

TomShoe

Banned
Yeah I went through the trouble of finding safaris and going through hordes to collect every XY HA female in a luxury ball lol.

FC: 2878-9608-8408

Got your Swirlix ready.

Sending my FR in 5 minutes.

EDIT: Thanks so much! My friend will be thrilled, he's also been looking for it.

Muku

Some people like collecting Japanese cards but since they're not legal to use here it's not really in demand outside that. However, the sleeves from the Pokemon Center can be sold to people in North America at 100% markup. People will buy sets of sleeves (1x64 or 2x32) for $15 - $25 depending on which it is.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?clk_...+center+sleeves&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

Yeah, I know they're not legal. Well, I should rephrase that. They were if you back then had a way to cover up the very different back of the card. And had a translation with you. But obviously that wasn't for tournaments, just regular playing. Unfortunately, Japanese cards were (and I'm sure still are) expensive, so I collected some on side, but never had extras to trade. Though I do always remembering folks liking to look through my small Japanese card collection. Even had some stuff couldn't get Stateside from a friend who had connections to Japan at the time.

I'm actually hoping to bring back some cards and mark 'em up to sell. If they do alright might try to get my friends who will still be here to grab some more for me. xD

Didn't realize the sleeve thing was a big thing though. I might have to pick up one or two for myself for my own decks.

As we get closer to ORAS release, getting a bit excited. But will still be a bit before my copy comes here. ;_; Think I have quick shipping on Amazon, but everyone will still get a few days jump. :(

Andrefpvs

Can't find a code for Diancie anywhere. The stores that were supposed to have it haven't even heard of it :(

If anyone has an extra EU code, it would be really, really appreciated!

Muku

Reminder for JapanPokeGAF, which I think is only three of us anyway, Eon serial code is out on the 15th in Corocoro iirc.

Wanted to think it was this month, but wasn't sure. Planning on hitting bookstore this weekend to make sure. Gotta have me dat Eon Ticket.

Top Bottom