• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Firestorm

Yeah, I know they're not legal. Well, I should rephrase that. They were if you back then had a way to cover up the very different back of the card. And had a translation with you. But obviously that wasn't for tournaments, just regular playing. Unfortunately, Japanese cards were (and I'm sure still are) expensive, so I collected some on side, but never had extras to trade. Though I do always remembering folks liking to look through my small Japanese card collection. Even had some stuff couldn't get Stateside from a friend who had connections to Japan at the time.

I'm actually hoping to bring back some cards and mark 'em up to sell. If they do alright might try to get my friends who will still be here to grab some more for me. xD

Didn't realize the sleeve thing was a big thing though. I might have to pick up one or two for myself for my own decks.

As we get closer to ORAS release, getting a bit excited. But will still be a bit before my copy comes here. ;_; Think I have quick shipping on Amazon, but everyone will still get a few days jump. :(
Honestly as far as demand goes the sleeves are way better bet than actual cards! You'll be able to use those sleeves as trade bait or for selling easily. Every year at Worlds there are tons of Japanese players hawking their merch. Though at the same time the western players try to trade away their own unique merch from tournaments. Both find their own stuff worthless and common but the other side looks at it like gold. It's pretty great.

A Japanese player's merch on display for trade in the Open Gaming Room at Worlds:
8nRQCTw.jpg
Another:

You're living near the source of treasure!

Muku

Honestly as far as demand goes the sleeves are way better bet than actual cards! You'll be able to use those sleeves as trade bait or for selling easily. Every year at Worlds there are tons of Japanese players hawking their merch. Though at the same time the western players try to trade away their own unique merch from tournaments. Both find their own stuff worthless and common but the other side looks at it like gold. It's pretty great.

A Japanese player's merch on display for trade in the Open Gaming Room at Worlds:

Another:

You're living near the source of treasure!

Most interesting. Only thing is PC isn't quite around the corner for me. Closer than a lot of folks have, but probably only have one more visit in me before I leave. Trying to save money means not being able to travel as much. :( Still think it's weird that sleeves are better, but will see about it. If I lived right by a PC I'd be making a killing though by selling stuff.

Really hope I can find folks to trade my extra Japanese rares to. Think I have even a few extra SRs.

Edit: Curious, is anyone else here working on a living shiny dex?

Seil

Thanks for the help. Slowly taking care of all the random stuff I never did in this game.

Glad to help.

I need to figure out what, if anything, I want to breed to send over to ORAS. Part of me wants to breed something as a starter replacement/supplement. Especially since I'm planning on getting both, though I may not at launch, still undecided lol.

Muku

Glad to help.

I need to figure out what, if anything, I want to breed to send over to ORAS. Part of me wants to breed something as a starter replacement/supplement. Especially since I'm planning on getting both, though I may not at launch, still undecided lol.

Well, you could plan your team ahead of time. Say choose your starter, then kind of plan your group types and then breed Pokemon for it. Got a couple of Pokemon I'm going to bring over. Including Phantump which I'm breeding right now. Actually have one already that's going to work for me, just waiting on that shiny to pop. :(

I plan on getting both as well, just over some time. Usually pick up one when it comes out then ask for opposite for Christmas. XD Though going to have OR US and AS JPN on my list this Christmas. Gotta collect them up. Need AS for that Eon Ticket stuff and Scrap Campaign. Can't wait for the Campaign to come to the TCG stuff.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I just started a new game but haven't played Pokemon since Red, which I played obsessively, and a little bit of Pokemon Gold.

Any quick tips or things to look out for? I'm already hearing about breeding Pokemon which is something I don't remember at all.

Xiul

I just started a new game but haven't played Pokemon since Red, which I played obsessively, and a little bit of Pokemon Gold.

Any quick tips or things to look out for? I'm already hearing about breeding Pokemon which is something I don't remember at all.

Don't worry during the main game, try the new pokes and enjoy the ride, If you find the games too easy turn of the Exp. Share in the bag.
Leave the breeding for post game as is not really necessary and a little complex.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Don't worry during the main game, try the new pokes and enjoy the ride, If you find the games too easy turn of the Exp. Share in the bag.
Leave the breeding for post game as is not really necessary and a little complex.

Awesome, thanks for the advice.

Muku

My brain is like
wmjzdnz.gif

Don't give me any ideas..

Hahahaha!! Once I finished my normal Pokedex, I started mine. Slow grind, but not really forcing it. I'll complete it when I complete it, but I'm a looooooong way off. Was just curious to see if anyone else was and how theirs was going.

Yeah the guy that Sr'ed it certainly was.

Ain't no telling how long that took him either. x_x

lupinko

To celebrate Deoxys/Ep Delta info, I can catch a Deoxys for anyone in FRLGE.

It would just be regular though, shiny since shiny takes more effort.

Caught the breeding bug again recently. Any one have random Shell Armor Turtwigs, Defiant Piplups, or Lightning Rod Pikachus (or Pikachu in their Safari) lying around? I have some random stuff including Damp Mudkips, Unburden Treecko, Iron Fist Chimchar, and Regenerator Foongus.

Seil

Caught the breeding bug again recently. Any one have random Shell Armor Turtwigs, Defiant Piplups, or Lightning Rod Pikachus (or Pikachu in their Safari) lying around? I have some random stuff including Damp Mudkips, Unburden Treecko, Iron Fist Chimchar, and Regenerator Foongus.

I can breed you a Lightning Rod Pichu real quick if you'd like.

Edit: I also have access to a Pikachu safari so I could grab one from there in your ball of choice if you'd prefer.

When I was going through collecting HA females from safaris, I didn't pay much attention to which ones I removed to make room for more so I never know which ones I still have lol.

I can breed you a Lightning Rod Pichu real quick if you'd like.

Edit: I also have access to a Pikachu safari so I could grab one from there in your ball of choice if you'd prefer.

When I was going through collecting HA females from safaris, I didn't pay much attention to which ones I removed to make room for more so I never know which ones I still have lol.

Any Lightning Rod Pikachu will do. I don't mind having to do a little extra breeding, since I actually kind of like it.

Here's my FC: 0404 6068 9410, I just added the code you have listed in your GAF profile.

onslack

Do you have any breeding rejects for Mudkip and Treeko (with their HA's)?

lupinko

Ok, thanks! Do you want something BTW?

Nothing really but if you insist any gen 6/Kalos native uncloned/not powersaved shiny or any breedable with high IVs and egg moves. If you can't do either it's not an issue. I'll send my other FC by pm since my profile is full already.

Another request:

If anyone happens to have a HP Ice Manectric (31/E/30/31/31/31) and can slap a Power Belt on it and breed it for me, I would greatly appreciate it. Or any spare 30 Def IV Field pokemon. Thanks!

MicH

Another request:

If anyone happens to have a HP Ice Manectric (31/E/30/31/31/31) and can slap a Power Belt on it and breed it for me, I would greatly appreciate it. Or any spare 30 Def IV Field pokemon. Thanks!
I have some HP Ice Electrikes. I haven't checked their IVs, but they all have HP Ice

braves01

Banned
I've got a Marill I want to super train. It's not a very good Pokemon, but I want to use it in ORAS because it's the only legit shiny I've ever caught (not counting that shiny Haxorus from whatever game it was).

What should I focus on? Here are its stats:

Gentle
Lv. 40

HP 112
29/51/21/53/40

I've got a Marill I want to super train. It's not a very good Pokemon, but I want to use it in ORAS because it's the only legit shiny I've ever caught (not counting that shiny Haxorus from whatever game it was).

Gentle
Lv. 40

HP 112
29/51/21/53/40

Azumarill only works as a physical attacker, so max out attack EVs and put most of the rest into HP or Speed. But unless it has Huge Power it hits like a plush on a brick wall

Edit: oh wait, you said Marill, but I assume you plan to evolve it. Either way, same deal

Gentle
Lv. 40

HP 112
29/51/21/53/40

Assuming it has Huge Power as its ability, you should go max (252) attack, and then invest into HP. Your speed is pretty poor so it probably won't get you very far to invest heavily into it. If you really want to make the most of it I might be able to make you a spread that can deal with some common threats (ludicolo, zapdos, garchomp, manetric, etc.) but I can't promise you it'll be super good with those IVs.

If it has Thick Fat, you should probably get an ability capsule, but if you don't want to grind one out, you can invest into HP and special defense or defense and use it as a tank. It has a perfect or near perfect defence IV, so you might want to invest heavily into special defence if you're just using it for general use. that will help guarantee you can deal with both physical and special attacks. Goodluck :3

**one last note... Here are your potential IVs:
IVs: 15-17 / 20-22 / 30-31 / 0-2 / 10-12 / 8-9

New Shiny Pikachu and Shiny Charizard event:

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/pokecen_megatokyo/present/

from serebii:

In The Games Department
Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Japanese Charizard Event
A new event has been announced. To commemorate the new Pokémon Center in Tokyo, two Pokémon are set to be distributed. From December 12th to January 16th, at the Pokémon Center in Tokyo, you can download either a shiny Charizard holding the Charizardite Y or a shiny Pikachu. The distribution is given based on the hour of the day, with them alternating. Details of the event Pokémon are not yet known but the Event Database has been updated with these events

Muku

New Shiny Pikachu and Shiny Charizard event:

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/pokecen_megatokyo/present/

from serebii:

I'm assuming this is the Tokyo Bay one? Though it's been around a while now, so seems weird. The whole Inkay thing was supposed to be celebrating that one's opening and all. Unless this is an anniversary thing?

Edit: Am curious why Pikachu and Charizard as their selection out of all the stuff though.

Hot damn though. They allow X, Y, OR, and AS at least.

Edit 2: Okay, actually taken a look at the page. Am I reading that right? Sunshine City section of Ikebukuro? Hmmm... opening a lot in Tokyo these days it seems then. Wish it was added to the PC location page. Though glad to see it as alternating hour kinda promotion.

Also, says all Pokemon Center stores? So it's probably not even centralized to that one.

Aww snap, tomorrow is 15th. Corocoro day.

I'm going to run into a massive debt with all these foreign Pokemon events, aren't I?

Still trying to SR the PAL Diancies I promised people.

C'mon RNG, complaining to GAF always works.

If someone soft resets me a decent shiny pikachu from that event I'd pay in blood. Or a pokemon. But I'm not sure what since I'm not exactly "wealthy"

Xiul

Nothing really but if you insist any gen 6/Kalos native uncloned/not powersaved shiny or any breedable with high IVs and egg moves. If you can't do either it's not an issue. I'll send my other FC by pm since my profile is full already.
I got a shiny Clauncher for you then!.
Also I wanted to ask you if you still give Jirachis away?, if you do please, I would appreciate one.

Tanwo

Can I have one? As I said in the Episode Delta thread, I have not been able to get a Deoxys before, so this would be my first one.

lupinko

I'm assuming this is the Tokyo Bay one? Though it's been around a while now, so seems weird. The whole Inkay thing was supposed to be celebrating that one's opening and all. Unless this is an anniversary thing?

Edit: Am curious why Pikachu and Charizard as their selection out of all the stuff though.

Hot damn though. They allow X, Y, OR, and AS at least.

Edit 2: Okay, actually taken a look at the page. Am I reading that right? Sunshine City section of Ikebukuro? Hmmm... opening a lot in Tokyo these days it seems then. Wish it was added to the PC location page. Though glad to see it as alternating hour kinda promotion.

Also, says all Pokemon Center stores? So it's probably not even centralized to that one.

Aww snap, tomorrow is 15th. Corocoro day.

Yeah it says all stores, and I picked up Corocoro today too! I guess it's good I have a bajillion gen 6 games haha.

I'm going to run into a massive debt with all these foreign Pokemon events, aren't I?

Still trying to SR the PAL Diancies I promised people.

C'mon RNG, complaining to GAF always works.

Oh you know you already get discounts every now and then.

I got a shiny Clauncher for you then!.
Also I wanted to ask you if you still give Jirachis away?, if you do please, I would appreciate one.

Sure Clauncher works, and I can give you a Jirachi, same thing kalos shiny or breedable for it if possible if not then that's ok too.

You can pick from this list.

Wishmaker Jirachi All untrained and untouched at level 5 unless otherwise said
+TM Water Pulse
Rash
Relaxed
Lonely
Serious

+TM Water Pulse, G3 MT Exclusive (Body Slam, Mimic, Nightmare)
Mild Lv10 Salac or Ganlon

-vanilla +berry
Impish x2 Salac
Quirky x9 Ganlon
Gentle x2 Ganlon
Relaxed Salac
Docile x2 Ganlon
Serious x2 Salac
Lax Salac

Can I have one? As I said in the Episode Delta thread, I have not been able to get a Deoxys before, so this would be my first one.

I can catch one for you too.

Banamy

If it isn't too much could I have one too? I've never actually had any pokemon I transferred from Gen 3 to Gen 6 :C

Muku

Yeah it says all stores, and I picked up Corocoro today too! I guess it's good I have a bajillion gen 6 games haha.

It has Eon Ticket, right? I've been on my downward spiral to getting sick. I guess the today it finally hit me. >< Didn't wake up til right before midday. I want to make sure my trip into town is worth it.. otherwise might just stay in.

Edit: On another note, which do you think will be more interesting/in demand for the Shiny thing at the PCs? Pikachu or Charizard?

Top Bottom