• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

SoulUnison

Banned
I've been mashing this 6IV Ditto and a 5IV HA Dratini together for more than 3 months now with Masuda Method and the Shiny Charm and still no pink Dratini.

It's never taken this long before.

JayTee71

Neo Member
Don't know if I am to post this here but since the trades thread isn't lively, I figured this was the best place. Does anyone know of any good places to do trades? I am one event legendary away from completing the living dex.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

lupinko

Don't know if I am to post this here but since the trades thread isn't lively, I figured this was the best place. Does anyone know of any good places to do trades? I am one event legendary away from completing the living dex.

This thread is, and Pokegaf always gives out event legendaries, be they farmed or cloned.

Muku

I've been mashing this 6IV Ditto and a 5IV HA Dratini together for more than 3 months now with Masuda Method and the Shiny Charm and still no pink Dratini.

It's never taken this long before.

I've tried my Porygon for three months. I wish it was an exaggeration. Went two months straight before I drove myself crazy and stopped. Second time I picked it up, I went for a month. Haven't gone back to it since, but hope to soon. It's all RNG. :( Though, I know with Dratini takes a bit longer to hatch which means takes a bit longer. But guess with Talonflame + powers it's not bad. Haven't attempted Dratini yet, but this story makes me a bit afraid to. Just keep at it. Though I would recommend changing things up, if there are any other shinies you want.

Which one are you looking for?

So, I went to GameStop today when I finally had a chance, and found out they were all out of codes -_-. Contacted Nintendo and got a pretty grumpy rep who told me I should have gone earlier but promised codes by the end. Still haven't gotten an email though.

Would anyone be able to PM me a Diance code? I don't really have anything to offer, but would really like to get one before the event ends tomorrow.

Completely understand if no one is up for giving away one, just thought I would ask.

P.S. - Why are people still talking about Gengar codes? Isn't that one over?

Xiul

I do like 3-4 attempts every few days, so not that much time. Sorry I'm just trying to get three other useful pokes to come up from Hoenn to give you your Deoxys.

Don't worry take your time.
Btw I ended up with this diancie: quiet 30/31/31/31/15/31 took me around 350 SR.
Not the best nature but I was really tired of the cutscene.
And a shout to Rimon-hanit thanks for the code buddy!

lupinko

Don't worry take your time.
Btw I ended up with this diancie: quiet 30/31/31/31/15/31 took me around 350 SR.
Not the best nature but I was really tired of the cutscene.

Actually that's really good for Diancie, may not be for Mega, but for regular it works.

Hyunashi

Does anyone have a spare Jolly Ditto they can spare? Just got a Dream Ball HA Bagon from wonder trade which is perfect since I wanted to start breeding my team for ORAS now that exams are over and I wanted to make a Jolly Bagon but am not having any luck with wild dittos.

Thanks for any help!

EDIT: Scratch that, got a Jolly + HA in first random egg haha

lupinko

All six Deoxys are up now, 3 2 modest, 1 bold, 1 jolly, and 1 naive.

All have been claimed, and yeah three are Shiny, for those three the IVs are:

Jolly 23/26/23/8/23/31 HP Grass Speed
Naive 29/28/19/31/16/31 HP Ghost Attack +Fire Punch
Modest 29/21/15/31/23/29 HP Dark Normal

Regular Deoxys came up as Normal-Modest, Attack-Modest, Defense-Bold.

I'm also giving away three GTS Regis.

Regice - quirky
Regirock - bashful
Registeel - quirky

Edit: help me decide on a moveset on my mild gen 3 shiny Lugia.

I modified an old smogon set with this one.

Lugia @ Leftovers
EVs: 192 HP / 176 SpA / 140 Atk
Mild Nature
- Aeroblast
- Earthquake
- Recover / Roost / Substitute
- Light Screen / Reflect / Dragon Tail / Whirlwind

And this other one I took from a random search.

Lugia @ Life Orb
252 Atk/66 Sp Atk/192 Spd
-Ice Beam
-Zen Headbutt
-Earthquake
-Thunder

It's just a basic mixed set.

Remember I can RNG Bold, Modest and Timid whenever, but I wanted to make use of this mixed one.

Edit: I didn't want to be denied so here's my shiny adamant whale.

zXgUR2rl.jpg

20/31/30/13/27/31

The mild one is already up in Gen 4.

Anyone have an Overcoat Pineco/Forretress? Just need the HA; IVs/egg moves/pokeball doesn't matter.

And I guess for that matter, I'll join the bandwagon for an extra/cloned Diancie if someone has; I've been moving and never made it to a Gamestop.

As for shiny woes... that's random lol. I found that I can breed for a hopeful shiny, fill boxes, and not get any. Or I can not have one in mind and literally the first pokemon I hatch after whipping out the 'ol 6IV JP Ditto can be a shiny, as just happened with my Eevee.

DNAbro

I know this is super late at this point but does anyone still have a Diancie code they wouldn't mind giving away? I wasn't planning on getting Alpha Sapphire at first but now I'm getting it and I kind of want one.

lupinko

Anyone have an Overcoat Pineco/Forretress? Just need the HA; IVs/egg moves/pokeball doesn't matter.

And I guess for that matter, I'll join the bandwagon for an extra/cloned Diancie if someone has; I've been moving and never made it to a Gamestop.

As for shiny woes... that's random lol. I found that I can breed for a hopeful shiny, fill boxes, and not get any. Or I can not have one in mind and literally the first pokemon I hatch after whipping out the 'ol 6IV JP Ditto can be a shiny, as just happened with my Eevee.

I still have that Jirachi and Celebi for you.

I still have that Jirachi and Celebi for you.

Oh, whoops, yeah. I can grab those now if you have a minute. FC's in my profile; have a pair of Pokemon tucked away that I think were for them. Adaptability Corphish with Knock Off/Dragon Dance/Aqua Jet/Superpower and Love Ball Misdreavus I believe also with four egg moves.

lupinko

Oh, whoops, yeah. I can grab those now if you have a minute. FC's in my profile; have a pair of Pokemon tucked away that I think were for them. Adaptability Corphish with Knock Off/Dragon Dance/Aqua Jet/Superpower and Love Ball Misdreavus I believe also with four egg moves.

I actually have to get ready for work now, so no can do I'm afraid. But they'll always be there.

Tanwo

I just realized I had not introduced myself to Pokegaf.
When I became a NeoGAF member I had stopped playing Pokemon X, so I didn't stop by this thread many times. Now, with the release of ORAS near I have returned to the Pokemon mood! I still haven't finished the Pokedex, but with ORAS I'll try to.

Something I wanted to do (but finally abandoned) in Pokemon X is complete a Vivillon collection. I hope to one day return to this task!

Wichu

I thought so too until I brought it to IV dude.

It was only 26-27/31/30/28-29/31/31. So it's only 3IV but still outstanding potential.

I still have a truckload of Diancies to go through anyway, JP, TW and NA.

At level 50 (default online battle level), assuming you put no EVs in a stat, a 30 IV is identical to a 31 IV. For example, I bred my mixed Infernape to have 30 HP and Def IVs so it would have Hidden Power Ice; if I decide not to use Hidden Power, its stats will still be identical to a hex-flawless one as long as it doesn't need any HP/Def EVs.

If you EV only Attack, Sp. Atk, and Speed, that's identical to a 27/31/31/28-29/31/31 (if Sp. Atk is 28, you'll want to move four EVs from that into another stat; if HP is 27, put them in that, otherwise put them in Sp. Def).

lupinko

At level 50 (default online battle level), assuming you put no EVs in a stat, a 30 IV is identical to a 31 IV. For example, I bred my mixed Infernape to have 30 HP and Def IVs so it would have Hidden Power Ice; if I decide not to use Hidden Power, its stats will still be identical to a hex-flawless one as long as it doesn't need any HP/Def EVs.

If you EV only Attack, Sp. Atk, and Speed, that's identical to a 27/31/31/28-29/31/31 (if Sp. Atk is 28, you'll want to move four EVs from that into another stat; if HP is 27, put them in that, otherwise put them in Sp. Def).

Good to know because I want to use this for Mega Diancie. So 252 Spe 126 Atk 126 SpA 4 Hp is good?

I also have a 5IV flawless HP Ice Sassy that I intend to use as a regular tank or maybe trick room Diancie.

Muku

I just realized I had not introduced myself to Pokegaf.
When I became a NeoGAF member I had stopped playing Pokemon X, so I didn't stop by this thread many times. Now, with the release of ORAS near I have returned to the Pokemon mood! I still haven't finished the Pokedex, but with ORAS I'll try to.

Something I wanted to do (but finally abandoned) in Pokemon X is complete a Vivillon collection. I hope to one day return to this task!

Some of us here breed Vivillon, so if you're interested in ever picking it back up, let us know. I breed Monsoon and Sandstorm at the moment, so you'd be welcome to having both of those if you need it for your collection.

Also, welcome! :)

lupinko

I don't want to make crazy proclamations but yeah I can catch anyone a real Deoxys from Gen 3, so not pokegen and uncloned.

Although it's no longer a mythical pokemon by being available in ORAS since Episode Delta looks like it's not an event enabled quest.

I might consider doing shiny Deoxyses but unlike regular, that requires a bigger price tag since I actually take the time to properly RNG it. And the shinies have excellent stats whereas the regular I just catch whichever beneficial nature comes up with random IVs.

Heading to bed and I'm not sure how long these codes are valid, but here are the remaining Diancie codes I have.

Quote to see them:

Muku

Heading to bed and I'm not sure how long these codes are valid, but here are the remaining Diancie codes I have.

Quote to see them:

Fantastic, thank you! Found out a close friend today didn't have one. :( I figured though so since he doesn't live near a GameStop. He's going to be stoked when I surprise him with one. Going to start RNGing it for him now. #1 was already taken. I took #2 for my friend though. Thank you again!

Edit: Ugh double post, sorry. I could have swore I was editing other one. Sheesh. Guess excitement got best of me. :(

WonderzL

Banned

Quote to see them:

Took the first one for a friend of mine who lives far from a city that distributed Diancie. Thank you.

EDIT:
So apparently the country I live in doesn't give out the codes. Any EU ones floating around?

And I haven't been keeping up with news for about a year, but I'm checking back in now that ORAS is almost out. My question - Will all of the legendaries be obtainable between X and Y or are there some that will remain locked off? Will we be able to legitimately complete a pokedex using only the 3DS games?

Looking forward to ORAS - I think I might do the 'hard mode' run thing this time, as I have no attachment to the 3rd gen starters, and if it's like X&Y a difficulty boost will be required.

The event legendaries (Jirachi, Mew, etc.) can't be obtained, but yeah all of the other Pokémon will probably be obtainable in the 3DS games.

Griss

So apparently the country I live in doesn't give out the codes. Any EU ones floating around?

And I haven't been keeping up with news for about a year, but I'm checking back in now that ORAS is almost out. My question - Will all of the legendaries be obtainable between X and Y or are there some that will remain locked off? Will we be able to legitimately complete a pokedex using only the 3DS games?

Looking forward to ORAS - I think I might do the 'hard mode' run thing this time, as I have no attachment to the 3rd gen starters, and if it's like X&Y a difficulty boost will be required.

Muku

Hmmm, I guess there is truth to some of these codes being busted. Diancie I'm SRing doesn't have guaranteed 3 max IVs. :(

lupinko

Hmmm, I guess there is truth to some of these codes being busted. Diancie I'm SRing doesn't have guaranteed 3 max IVs. :(

I don't know if my Diancie was messed up but the 4IV Naive I did as per Veekun came up only as 30V instead of 31IV when I took it to the IV guy. Granted the stat calc indicated 30-31 but you'd suspect 170 def on Naive to be 31IV right, right?

And your OP Shiny Yellow Alien Virus is ready.

The event legendaries (Jirachi, Mew, etc.) can't be obtained, but yeah all of the other Pokémon will probably be obtainable in the 3DS games.

Unless you're talking Pokegaf, we got them all.

Muku

I don't know if my Diancie was messed up but the 4IV Naive I did as per Veekun came up only as 30V instead of 31IV when I took it to the IV guy. Granted the stat calc indicated 30-31 but you'd suspect 170 def on Naive to be 31IV right, right?

And your OP Shiny Yellow Alien Virus is ready.

Unless you're talking Pokegaf, we got them all.

You'd think.. because I'm pretty sure that is max, unless we're missing out on something?

Awesome, my alien virus! Let me know when you're available. I have your Pokes I need to give back to you as well.

lupinko

You'd think.. because I'm pretty sure that is max, unless we're missing out on something?

Awesome, my alien virus! Let me know when you're available. I have your Pokes I need to give back to you as well.

Probably the combination of IVs that made it 30, the other stats that weren't 30-31 were 26-27 HP and 28-29 SpA.

Probably the weekend, and turns out even though it's early in the game, because I caught them, the shiny legendaries I caught in Japanese Emerald, Mew, Johto guardians, weather duo and Deoxys all obey May without question. Lol

Also I've noticed that Brendan is easier to beat, whereas fighting May is a bigger challenge.

So playing as Orlando is hard mode folks!

I'll try to find time too to make your guide, I'll just do a video or something.

Muku

Probably the combination of IVs that made it 30, the other stats that weren't 30-31 were 26-27 HP and 28-29 SpA.

Probably the weekend, and turns out even though it's early in the game, because I caught them, the shiny legendaries I caught in Japanese Emerald, Mew, Johto guardians, weather duo and Deoxys all obey May without question. Lol

Also I've noticed that Brendan is easier to beat, whereas fighting May is a bigger challenge.

So playing as Orlando is hard mode folks!

I'll try to find time too to make your guide, I'll just do a video or something.

LOL. Orlando is for the hardcorez.

A video would be fantastic. No rush. I figure I'll get to it when I get to it, LOL. With ORAS here soon it'll be time to go whale hunting.

lupinko

LOL. Orlando is for the hardcorez.

A video would be fantastic. No rush. I figure I'll get to it when I get to it, LOL. With ORAS here soon it'll be time to go whale hunting.

You should still get sapphire one of these days once you get the hang of RNG, since it's likely ORAS will be shiny locked like XY. And with your FR game already set up, you can immediately trade over OP teams to blow through Hoenn. Once RS trades with a completed FRLG the national dex is immediately enabled.

I already have two shiny sentinel whales now too! :D

Muku

You should still get sapphire one of these days once you get the hang of RNG, since it's likely ORAS will be shiny locked like XY. And with your FR game already set up, you can immediately trade over OP teams to blow through Hoenn. Once RS trades with a completed FRLG the national dex is immediately enabled.

I already have two shiny sentinel whales now too! :D

Oh, Emerald and Sapphire are still on my want list. Just might be a bit before I can pick them up. They haven't left my list, just have had to prioritize things. I'm not expecting to even pretend, even if it was possible, to shiny hunt in ORAS. When I'm playing through like that I have no patience.

I already have my team ready to transfer to Ruby so I can stop having shitty Pokemon choices. Been ready with that team in waiting for a while. Want to blow through Ruby to get to the good stuff.

JulianImp

Thanks! I took the third code.

I absolutely missed out on the event and the previous codes that were given away, so I'm glad I was able to get Diancie in the end!

Tanwo

Some of us here breed Vivillon, so if you're interested in ever picking it back up, let us know. I breed Monsoon and Sandstorm at the moment, so you'd be welcome to having both of those if you need it for your collection.

Also, welcome! :)

Thank you! I think I'm missing one of those patterns, I'll have to check it to be sure.

Top Bottom