• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

backlot

...why the Normal Gem and none of the others? 0_0

They were used pretty heavily in VGC last gen so Game Freak probably wanted to get rid of them. The Normal Gem is also only a 1.3x boost now instead of the 1.5x boost it was last gen so even it got nerfed.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
They were used pretty heavily in VGC last gen so Game Freak probably wanted to get rid of them. The Normal Gem is also only a 1.3x boost now instead of the 1.5x boost it was last gen so even it got nerfed.

Looking at them, they were massively overpowered. Which is why I wanted to use one. :lol

Alchemy

Looking at them, they were massively overpowered. Which is why I wanted to use one. :lol

I like the concept of the Gems, but they need a bigger risk/reward element. Maybe consume them regardless if the move lands so Protect can force them to be burned?

Muku

Okay, so have been getting 6IV Ponyta like candy while trying to get a shiny to pop. I have far more than I need to keep for myself. So below I'll give a bit about them. Not looking for anything specific at the moment.

Ponyta
31/31/31/31/31/31
All are Adamant and level 1.
All have moves: Low Kick, Double Kick, Flame Wheel, and Morning Sun.

x3 Run Away - 2 Females and 1 Male
x1 Flash Fire - 1 Female
x4 Flame Body - 3 Females and 1 Male

Edit: Have gotten a few more, so I've added them to list. And no shiny still.

Still have some 6IV Ponya if anyone is interested. I added a few yesterday after my hatch run. I tend to get 2-4 6IV Ponyta each huge batch I hatch. No shiny yet.

Laieon

I lost my copy of Y a month or so ago, first time I've lost a DS/3DS game. :/

Purchased X, should be here tomorrow. Thinking about playing this one with a team of Pokemon that I get through wonder trade. It's available right off the bat (or close to it), right?

SeZMehK

Purchased X, should be here tomorrow. Thinking about playing this one with a team of Pokemon that I get through wonder trade. It's available right off the bat (or close to it), right?

Yea, catch 5 pokes + starter then WT. :D

Muku

Ouch, sorry to hear that. I'm paranoid I'm going to lose X in that fashion. Always checking when I'm out and about with my 3DS.

It's close yes. I believe you have to get to first Pokemon Center for it to open up? At least that's what I think I did when I started Y. I just ran to town with first one to WT for a couple to start off with.

Don't have to go to a PC? I didn't check in Y, though I should have. I just remember asking my friend who first started up Y to trade some stuff to him but he was complaining none of the online stuff was there. But said it was once he went to a PC.

DaBoss

I think it is safe to say tomorrow is when we will get Pokemon Bank. It was originally going to release 2 days after the Japanese release and it is the typical day for Nintendo to add new stuff to the eShop.

Don't bank on it though.

You just need more than one Pokemon and then you will be able to trade using any method of trading. Should be noted that Pokemon that you gotten through trades won't obey you properly if the level is too high and you don't have enough gym badges.

Also, sorry to hear you lost your copy of Y, but welcome to the superior Team X. :p

Kirlia

Banned
Still have some 6IV Ponya if anyone is interested. I added a few yesterday after my hatch run. I tend to get 2-4 6IV Ponyta each huge batch I hatch. No shiny yet.

Sure, I wouldn't mind one! What are the natures/abilities of the remaining ones?

Muku

Sure, I wouldn't mind one! What are the natures/abilities of the remaining ones?

Same as what is quoted. Adamant, and the abilities vary from the two normal ones and the HA. Also list the females/males listed for each ability so you can choose one if you have a pref. :)

I keep that list updated so it's accurate as to what is available.

Edit: My FC is on my profile. IGN Muku.

TWILT

Banned

Yeah, as soon as you get your first Pokemon and can connect online, you should be able to Wonder Trade. I'm on a Wonder Trade playthrough of my own, so lol.

Sorry to hear that you lost your game tho. :( Team Y loses another member...

Laieon

Awesome, that's what I thought!

Ouch, sorry to hear that. I'm paranoid I'm going to lose X in that fashion. Always checking when I'm out and about with my 3DS.

It's close yes. I believe you have to get to first Pokemon Center for it to open up? At least that's what I think I did when I started Y. I just ran to town with first one to WT for a couple to start off with.

Don't have to go to a PC? I didn't check in Y, though I should have. I just remember asking my friend who first started up Y to trade some stuff to him but he was complaining none of the online stuff was there. But said it was once he went to a PC.

The good news is that I'm not the kind of person who really cares about EV/IV training, so I didn't lose anything too important (pretty sure I had a Pokemon with Pokerus in my bank though...).

Either way, I don't remember it being too far in!

I think it is safe to say tomorrow is when we will get Pokemon Bank. It was originally going to release 2 days after the Japanese release and it is the typical day for Nintendo to add new stuff to the eShop.

Don't bank on it though.

You just need more than one Pokemon and then you will be able to trade using any method of trading. Should be noted that Pokemon that you gotten through trades won't obey you properly if the level is too high and you don't have enough gym badges.

Also, sorry to hear you lost your copy of Y, but welcome to the superior Team X. :p

I was going get X originally, so I guess it's fate!

Muku

The good news is that I'm not the kind of person who really cares about EV/IV training, so I didn't lose anything too important (pretty sure I had a Pokemon with Pokerus in my bank though...).

Either way, I don't remember it being too far in!

If you want a Pokemon with Pokerus again, could hook you up. :)

Kirlia

Banned
Same as what is quoted. Adamant, and the abilities vary from the two normal ones and the HA. Also list the females/males listed for each ability so you can choose one if you have a pref. :)

I keep that list updated so it's accurate as to what is available.

Edit: My FC is on my profile. IGN Muku.

Oh, nice. I think I'll take a male (the last one, apparently) with Flash Fire. If you can rename him, could his name be Hussie?

I can't trade yet, but I should be able to in a few hours. I'll PM you when I can, okay? :)

Muku

Oh, nice. I think I'll take a male (the last one, apparently) with Flash Fire. If you can rename him, could his name be Hussie?

I can't trade yet, but I should be able to in a few hours. I'll PM you when I can, okay? :)

Sure. I'll take him to go get renamed right now and hold him off on the side for ya. If I'm not on, I tend to keep tabs on GAF, so sounds good. Just let me know when it's all ready. Make sure to include a FC in the PM! :D (I notice your profile still says soon hehe.)

Edit: Have a male FF pony named Hussie waiting for you now. :)

Kirlia

Banned
Remember to name the trades wonderlocke so those traders who gave you a Weedle will know what a bad person they are.

Oh, God, there are so many Viridia--I mean Santalune Forest Pokemon on Wonder Trade. Still worth using WT, of course, especially when I get Pokemon with good IVs.

Sure. I'll take him to go get renamed right now and hold him off on the side for ya. If I'm not on, I tend to keep tabs on GAF, so sounds good. Just let me know when it's all ready. Make sure to include a FC in the PM! :D (I notice your profile still says soon hehe.)

Man, I'm so lazy! But will do. :)

Muku

My current annoyance on Wonder Trade are Charmanders. I get too many of them.

I used to get too many Talonflame and couple other things that were just facepalm worthy. Then I started getting way too many Charmanders and Eevees on there. I could be trying to trade a 5IV Charmander or Eevee and get a crap one back in a trade. Was always like ugggh.

Kirlia

Banned
I used to get too many Talonflame and couple other things that were just facepalm worthy. Then I started getting way too many Charmanders and Eevees on there. I could be trying to trade a 5IV Charmander or Eevee and get a crap one back in a trade. Was always like ugggh.

I seem to get a lot of Dratini. Honedge and Scyther are also still pretty common, but I get a few odd ones every so often, like Totodile and Vullaby.

Muku

I seem to get a lot of Dratini. Honedge and Scyther are also still pretty common, but I get a few odd ones every so often, like Totodile and Vullaby.

Ah yess... Honedge too. I freaking hate that thing now.

Sounds good! My friends code is: 4141-2585-5407

Added. Just got an extra Pokemon infected for ya. :) Now to wait for
the superior version of
the game.

Nope, all of them didn't have nicknames. I've gotten Pokemon with numbers for names though, and I once received a poor Electrike given the flattering name of "D!CK."

Wow. Someone didn't like Electrike. I had a Bidoof traded to me named NoOneLikes. :( Made me sad. But I laughed on the inside.

Kirlia

Banned
Wow. Someone didn't like Electrike. I had a Bidoof traded to me named NoOneLikes. :( Made me sad. But I laughed on the inside.

Even if the Pokemon is clearly a throwaway and/or has poor IVs, I love getting Pokemon with nicknames. Among several others, I've gotten a Slowpoke named "Myspace," a Tyrunt named "Mike Tyson" and, possibly my favorite, a 5IV (technically perfect since its missing IV is Attack) Joltik named "Thunder Buns." Thunder Buns is now a rad Galvantula.

Also gotten two Pokemon named "Your Mom." If I get six total, I'll make a party out of them and take a picture.

Muku

Even if the Pokemon is clearly a throwaway and/or has poor IVs, I love getting Pokemon with nicknames. Among several others, I've gotten a Slowpoke named "Myspace," a Tyrunt named "Mike Tyson" and, possibly my favorite, a 5IV (technically perfect since its missing IV is Attack) Joltik named "Thunder Buns." Thunder Buns is now a rad Galvantula.

Also gotten two Pokemon named "Your Mom." If I get six total, I'll make a party out of them and take a picture.

Oh god that Mike Tyson one is awesome. And Thunder Buns? LOL oh man.

Sadly that was only interesting name. I've had some named after what their IV is about. Like "HPAtk". I tend to throw away all the trash I get on WT. I know!!! I am a horrible person, but I can't keep all that mess that folks go fish up in hopes of some awesome Pokemon because whatever. I kind of wish I kept NoOneLikes, but god I hate Bidoof so much. :(

Kirlia

Banned
Oh god that Mike Tyson one is awesome. And Thunder Buns? LOL oh man.

Sadly that was only interesting name. I've had some named after what their IV is about. Like "HPAtk". I tend to throw away all the trash I get on WT. I know!!! I am a horrible person, but I can't keep all that mess that folks go fish up in hopes of some awesome Pokemon because whatever. I kind of wish I kept NoOneLikes, but god I hate Bidoof so much. :(

I'm honestly tempted to evolve D!CK and get him (or...maybe the Electrike was a her 0_0) to level 100, then put it on GTS. Not sure what I'd ask for, though. I might take a stab at Yveltal!

Muku

I'm honestly tempted to evolve D!CK and get him (or...maybe the Electrike was a her 0_0) to level 100, then put it on GTS. Not sure what I'd ask for, though. I might take a stab at Yveltal!

Hahaha... wonder how long it'll stay up. Or if someone in another region doesn't know about the name and trades for it. I wish folks would give Pokemon funny / good names. That poor Electrike. Though it might get love at level 100. And if it's female, haha.

Can't remember who but someone here has a Pokemon named Liam Neeson yes? So awesome.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Special format in the battle spot is no joke, there's some legit teams going on in there. I'm breaking about even, I do win a bit more than I lose, but there's a lot of mind games going on over there. I got nuked by a team I recognized from an article on a doubles rain team I read on either nuggetbridge or somewhere else a few weeks ago, I am like 90% sure it was the same guy who wrote the article.

Life is funny. I can manage to end up 5-0 or 6-0 against uber teams (Kyogre, Rayquaza, Dialga and such) but I struggle a lot against teams of Pikachu, Greninja and Talonflame.

that's probably because the former don't know what they're doing while the latter does

My favorite Wonder Trade was getting a Karrablast, immediately sending it back out and getting paired with a Shelmet. But Eevee/Eevee or Scatterbug/Scatterbug trades are always... "serves you right."

Muku

My favorite Wonder Trade was getting a Karrablast, immediately sending it back out and getting paired with a Shelmet. But Eevee/Eevee or Scatterbug/Scatterbug trades are always... "serves you right."

Especially when they aren't even sending the Eevee worth a flip out into the world. Like they're somehow doing someone a favor. Hope they feel bad when they see they've got a 5IV one when they sned out one with just average IVs. Though I have a feeling most folks on WT don't even pay attention to that. It's so rare I get anything decent on it.

Especially when they aren't even sending the Eevee worth a flip out into the world. Like they're somehow doing someone a favor. Hope they feel bad when they see they've got a 5IV one when they sound out one with just average IVs. Though I have a feeling most folks on WT don't even pay attention to that. It's so rare I get anything decent on it.

I know, right? Ooh! An Eevee! The possibilities are endless! It is nice when you get something uncommon though.

I like Scatterbugs. Sometimes they turn out to be rare Vivillons, like once I got a HA Sun one.

I used to collect a bunch and go evolve them all to see what I'd get but then I completed my collection and said screw it. Got way too many High Plains, Modern and Elegant.

freoleo29

anybody wanna have a battle?
Just testing out some random team combinations to see if anything works well together.
FC is in profile ign is Liam

Top Bottom