• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Muku

Dude, those are the best; I collect any I get from WT. The best ones are from different languages.

Curious, but why would you say those are the best? I toss them. But I also only get English versions of them. I think I'd be more inclined to keep if they came from other languages. Tossed I dunno how many Quacklin's and Thumpers.

Tiamant

Hoooly shit! I'm so happy with my new team full of rejects from the Gaf Tournament!

LV9G-WWWW-WWW4-RYAC

Mandibuzz taking a Stone Edge from Mega Garchomp like a boss, Bouffalant stomping that annoying Greninja (Mat-Block and Protect, really?) and the rest of the team making a comeback from what seemed to be lost, oh yeah!

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Curious, but why would you say those are the best? I toss them. But I also only get English versions of them. I think I'd be more inclined to keep if they came from other languages. Tossed I dunno how many Quacklin's and Thumpers.
You monster! You can only get one per file! Nah, it's just a tradition of mine through all Pokemon games to keep the in-game trade Pokemon. Ahhh Eshpere.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Guys, does Garchomp (non-mega) really need Poison Jab or Iron Head?

Neutral Earthquake = 150 power :S
image.php

freoleo29

Guys, does Garchomp (non-mega) really need Poison Jab or Iron Head?

Neutral Earthquake = 150 power :S

If you are running stone edge/rock slide then i don't see the need for poison jab or iron head.
Unless there is a fairy with levitate? which i don't think is the case.

Usobuko

Banned
Yeah, ok :p But my Mega Scizor should be able to deal with Togekiss right?

Dat Flamethrower though... :(

Definitely, bullet punch probably hits like 80% of any non Def EV invested Togekiss. Besides, Togekiss has many things to spare a slot for Flamethrower.

Roost, Air Slash, Thunder Wave, Toxic, Defog, Nasty Plot, Heal Bell, Dazzling Gleam, Aura Sphere.

Not saying it's flamethrower isn't common on offensive Nasty Plot set though. What I think you should be more concern is being T-wave and effectively crippled your Mega pokemon in exchange for a Togekiss.

jelmerjt

Definitely, bullet punch probably hits like 80% of any non Def EV invested Togekiss. Besides, Togekiss has many things to spare a slot for Flamethrower.

Roost, Air Slash, Thunder Wave, Toxic, Defog, Nasty Plot, Heal Bell, Dazzling Gleam, Aura Sphere.

Not saying it's flamethrower isn't common on offensive Nasty Plot set though. What I think you should be more concern is being T-wave and effectively crippled your Mega pokemon in exchange for a Togekiss.

I also use a Magnezone and Heal Bell Umbreon (well, soon anyway). Hmm, decisions, decisions :p

Thanks for the advice guys :)

The best nickname that I got is a tie between two mons and they both happened to be from Mewtwo that I got from trying to fill up my box.

The first one was "Anus Licker." I was horrified by that nickname and ended up trading it for a legendary bird on the GTS. I regret doing that and I wish I still had that Mewtwo.

The other one, "Swaglord."

Also, something weird happened to me a few weeks ago. Ever since BW2, I had a physical sweeper Lucario that I nicknamed "Amaru" after 2Pac's middle name. I re-made him in XY of course, with way better IVs and in a Luxury Ball, yadda yadda.

Anyway, my girl plays XY too and she was wonder trading a bunch of uneeded stuff and ended up getting a Lucario. To her surprise, it was nicknamed "Amaru." She thought that I accidentally sent my own Lucario out to trade but the OT is a different one than mine! What are the odds that someone else uses the same nickname, not a common one at all from what I thought, for the same Pokémon...

Would love if you guys could give me some item pointers on my pokes below!

Main Team:
Dragonite - Leftovers
6IVs Adamant Multiscale
Dragon Dance, Outrage, Fire Punch, Extreme Speed

Nidoking - Life Orb
6IVs Timid Sheer Force
Sludge Wave, Earth Power, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam

Charizard - Charizardite X
5IVs Adamant Blaze
Flare Blitz, Dragon Claw, Brick Break, Roost

Greninja - Flame Plate
5IVs Timid Protean
Scald, Ice Beam, Grass Knot, Hidden Power Fire

Aegislash - Fist Plate
5IVs Brave Stance Change
Kings Shield, Sacred Sword, Shadow Sneak, Swords Dance

Scizor - Scizorite
5IVs Adamant Technician
Bullet Punch, X-Scissor, Pursuit, U-Turn

Subs:
Gengar - Gengarite
6IVs Modest Levitate
Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt, Hypnosis, Dream Eater

Slowking - Mind Plate
6IVs Modest Own Tempo
Scald, Psychic, Slack off, Nasty Plot

I know this is a long post, but I'm completely lost when it comes to ideal items. If anyone has the time to point me in the right direction, would be much appreciated! Thanks, PokeGAF!

Slap a Weakness Policy on Dragonite. Leftovers is still pretty good on Dragonite anyway.

Could I ask why you're running Scald on Greninja, though? I mean, the chances of burning is nice, but it's not guaranteed. Greninja doesn't have the bulk to depend on it either. Slowking's a better Scald user. Flame Plate Greninja sounds interesting but I'd just give him a Life Orb...

*list*
I know this is a long post, but I'm completely lost when it comes to ideal items. If anyone has the time to point me in the right direction, would be much appreciated! Thanks, PokeGAF!
I'm no items expert, but just saying: you can only do one mega evolution per battle, so just pick one to have, and free up item space.

MicH

Slap a Weakness Policy on Dragonite. Leftovers is still pretty good on Dragonite anyway.

Could I ask why you're running Scald on Greninja, though? I mean, the chances of burning is nice, but it's not guaranteed. Greninja doesn't have the bulk to depend on it either. Slowking's a better Scald user. Flame Plate Greninja sounds interesting but I'd just give him a Life Orb...
I agree. Weakness Policy Dragonite is freakin' scary to go up against! If not Dragonite, then Aegislash

Could I ask why you're running Scald on Greninja, though? Flame Plate Greninja sounds interesting but I'd just give him a Life Orb...

Definitely will try out Weakness Policy on Dragonite. I like Leftovers because with Multiscale there's a chance he'll be brought back to full health so it activates again. I used Scald because I want to make sure Surf is worth it before slapping it on him. Is Hydro Pump a better bet or is it too inaccurate? Also, for Life Orb, I'm not sure he's bulky enough to withstand the recoil - or is using it counting on him OHKOing his opponent?

I'm no items expert, but just saying: you can only do one mega evolution per battle, so just pick one to have, and free up item space.

Ah, didn't know that! Might take it off Scizor then since he has an escape plan with U-Turn.

Own tempo instead of Regenerator? I'd say confusion is the least popular status effect and not something Slowking should be particularly afraid of.

Only have that because was having no luck finding the HA one... and now I'm out of King's Rocks. :(

Tiamant

Only have that because was having no luck finding the HA one... and now I'm out of King's Rocks. :(

I can give you an extra one and I think I still have some HA Slowpoke. The good thing about playing the main story with a mighty Linoone is that you end up with a shit ton of King Rocks, rare candies and other rare stuff.

OceanBlue

Main Team:
Dragonite - Leftovers
6IVs Adamant Multiscale
Dragon Dance, Outrage, Fire Punch, Extreme Speed

Nidoking - Life Orb
6IVs Timid Sheer Force
Sludge Wave, Earth Power, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam

Charizard - Charizardite X
5IVs Adamant Blaze
Flare Blitz, Dragon Claw, Brick Break, Roost

Greninja - Flame Plate
5IVs Timid Protean
Scald, Ice Beam, Grass Knot, Hidden Power Fire

Aegislash - Fist Plate
5IVs Brave Stance Change
Kings Shield, Sacred Sword, Shadow Sneak, Swords Dance

Scizor - Scizorite
5IVs Adamant Technician
Bullet Punch, X-Scissor, Pursuit, U-Turn

Subs:
Gengar - Gengarite
6IVs Modest Levitate
Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt, Hypnosis, Dream Eater

Slowking - Mind Plate
6IVs Modest Own Tempo
Scald, Psychic, Slack off, Nasty Plot

I'm not good and have no experience, but...
You could consider using Expert's Belt on Greninja if you don't want to give up the Life Orb on Nidoking. You could try giving one of your boosters (Dragonite or Aegislash) a Lum Berry. There are also the choice items, which can be pretty useful. Choice Band Scizor would probably be scary.

I can give you an extra one and I think I still have some HA Slowpoke.

That would be absolutely fantastic! Thank you so much! Are the IVs decent? What's your IGN again? I think we might already be friends. Are you available now?

Choice Band Scizor would probably be scary.

Thanks, man! Will try this out. I can easily get another Life Orb though... unless there's a restriction where you can only use one that I don't know about?

Definitely will try out Weakness Policy on Dragonite. I like Leftovers because with Multiscale there's a chance he'll be brought back to full health so it activates again. I used Scald because I want to make sure Surf is worth it before slapping it on him. Is Hydro Pump a better bet or is it too inaccurate? Also, for Life Orb, I'm not sure he's bulky enough to withstand the recoil - or is using it counting on him OHKOing his opponent?
Yeah, Leftovers is still pretty good on Dragonite. Leftovers is also good on Aegislash.

But, as far as Scald vs. Surf goes, Greninja's job is to sweep as fast as possible, it doesn't need to deal out status moves -- that role can be done by other members of your team more efficiently.

Hydro Pump is the best Water STAB obviously but yeah, there is a chance that you will miss. I would pick between Surf and Hydro Pump. I went with the latter. Greninja's not bulky at all, so that Life Orb boost may hurt him but the added power boost is welcome.

Wichu

I agree that Expert Belt > Flame Plate on Greninja. You're only going to be using Hidden Power Fire when it hits super-effectively anyway, so the Expert Belt is a strict upgrade.

OceanBlue

Thanks, man! Will try this out. I can easily get another Life Orb though... unless there's a restriction where you can only use one that I don't know about?

Nah, I just assumed you were using item restrictions since you only had one of each item lol. You could always give your Aegislash a Leftovers too if you aren't worried about item restrictions.

Nah, I just assumed you were using item restrictions since you only had one of each item lol. You could always give your Aegislash a Leftovers too if you aren't worried about item restrictions.

Are item restrictions common in competitive play? I only had one leftovers, is there an easy way to get another?

Thanks so much for all the help everyone! Truly grateful.

Usobuko

Banned
If you have Roost on Charizard X that means you intend it to be bulky and stay longer than usual, I personally will go with WoW over brick break.

Coming up with a good doubles team is really hurting my brain.

No worries, I am accustomed to single as well.

Tiamant

That would be absolutely fantastic! Thank you so much! Are the IVs decent? What's your IGN again? I think we might already be friends. Are you available now?

I've got you a 31/x/x/31/31/0 regenerator female, except for the defense it's perfect for a Trick Room team. I'm online now, my IGN is Alv.

DaBoss

Are item restrictions common in competitive play? I only had one leftovers, is there an easy way to get another?

Thanks so much for all the help everyone! Truly grateful.
Well there is this thing called the item clause which is in effect during Rating Battles on Battle Spot and competitive play. You can only have one of any item on a Pokemon in your team at a time.

You can only use one Mega Evolution at a time during a battle, so you should choose which one is more useful for your team and stick other items onto the Pokemon with mega stones you won't use.

I've got you a 31/x/x/31/31/0 regenerator female, except for the defense it's perfect for a Trick Room team. I'm online now, my IGN is Alv.

UGH, I just royally f'd up. Thank so much Tiamant... but I needed Slowpoke to learn Slack Off at 36 before evolving and I couldn't stop her from evolving :( Dammmmmit

Tiamant

UGH, I just royally f'd up. Thank so much Tiamant... but I needed Slowpoke to learn Slack Off at 36 before evolving and I couldn't stop her from evolving :( Dammmmmit

Darn, my bad, I should've guessed an item evolution couldn't be stopped :/

I can give you another rock attached to a different poke, at least now you have solid ground to breed.

Edit: HAHAHAHA we accidentally cloned that Slowpoke, King's Rock and all! I'll send you the same Slowpoke and another poke with the stone.

Muku

You monster! You can only get one per file! Nah, it's just a tradition of mine through all Pokemon games to keep the in-game trade Pokemon. Ahhh Eshpere.

I am a monster. The field around the Pokemon Day care has so many wild Pokemon. Rejects from WT, rejects from my own breeding program. It's like a zoo out there.

I tend to keep the ones I trade for in game though. However, one is enough. I hate folks wanting to send me theirs too, haha. :( I tossed Thumper tonight because he was the joke of the night on me.

Sadly got maybe two nicknamed Pokemon after trading those two boxes and neither were interesting or worth noting. Actually, outside of that Bidoof, I haven't gotten any funny or interestingly named Pokemon. Though one of the Mewtwo's I traded for someone decided to get "creative" and named it M2. I keep him around. I like to pretend he's a spy.

I can give you another rock attached to a different poke, at least now you have solid ground to breed.

Thanks, man!

EDIT: Holy CRAP really!? It's a MIRACLE!

EDIT 2: Sorry for all the Charmanders, haha

OceanBlue

Edit: HAHAHAHA we accidentally cloned that Slowpoke, King's Rock and all! I'll send you the same Slowpoke and another poke with the stone.

lmao that's amazing.

Tiamant

Thanks, man!

EDIT: Holy CRAP really!? It's a MIRACLE!

My screen was stuck at "waiting for your partner response" so I said fuck it and switched off the LAN interruptor, and voilá, cloned Slowpoke!

That Stunky has egg moves,good nature, IV's and Ability, try it if you want to discover a hidden gem!

Top Bottom