• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Korosenai

edit: Damn, should have went for extreme speed myself.

Another question regarding Dragonite: I read that "Extreme Speed" is a recommended move on him, however Dratinis with that skill were event-bound at some point in the previous versions. Any way to get my hands on such a Dratini? Is it tough?

Just finished the Pokemon League for the 1st time. Such a terrific game.

I have one I can trade you. I'm in a battle right now though.

edit 2: Sorry Tiamant, I didn't do much that match :(

freoleo29

edit: Damn, should have went for extreme speed myself.

I have one I can trade you. I'm in a battle right now though.

edit 2: Sorry Tiamant, I didn't do much that match :(

GG guy's regret going for moxie boost, havent played much doubles,

Again or not?

Anybody notice higher quality Pokemon coming out of Wonder Trade more often than GTS? Reasonable GTS trades seem to get you the species you want pretty quickly. But they're most often junk.

On the other hand, you can't really predict what will come out, but maybe one in four things I get out of WT is actually pretty good. Decent natures, egg moves, four or five IVs. I guess people are doing the same thing as me and just chucking dozens of newly hatched, slightly imperfect monsters out into the Internet and seeing what comes back.

Well, enjoy those sixty Timid Protean Froakies, Internet. I'm sure I can find a use for all of your Baton Pass Torchics and Wish Eevees.

Korosenai

Damn.... I have to put protect on alakazam. Greninja outspends it by 2 base stat points.

I kind of figured he would get OHKO'd, just wanted to test him out.... didn't work out though.

freoleo29

GG! wow at that freeze,
don't know if it made that much of a difference that time around :p

1-1 should we do a tie break?

EDIT: its 4:30 am gonna head to bed instead thanks for the battles guys!

Kirlia

Banned
If you guys really are having a tough time getting BP for evolutionary items, play the Balloon Popping game. It's pretty much just "here, give us 100 PokeMiles, pop some balloons and we'll give you a random item." Although I've gotten way more berries than I need, I have gotten plenty of evolution items as well, including two Upgrades and two Dubious Discs. It just takes some patience to get what you want, so if you have more PokeMiles than you know what to do with and don't want to wait for Pokemon Bank, using them on the Balloon Popping game isn't a bad idea.

That would be terrible, trust me, I've tried. As much as I like it, Steelix offensive presence is very lackluster, a light screen partner would be better in any case.

What about an Assault Vest on Scoliopede? I'm thinking because it's a Baton Passer, I can stall pretty well with this additional defence. At the moment it's holding Black Sludge.

one_kill

That would be terrible, trust me, I've tried. As much as I like it, Steelix offensive presence is very lackluster, a light screen partner would be better in any case.
Awww :( I'm trying to be more creative, but it's quite difficult.
I was also thinking of how to integrate terrain moves in my game

Tiamant

Awww :( I'm trying to be more creative, but it's quite difficult.
I was also thinking of how to integrate terrain moves in my game

Keep looking, I'm sure there's still a reasonable amount of 'mons that could use it but are overshadowed by the most popular ones. Yesterday I tried it on Bouffalant and so far it's been fantastic!

Ok good, just wanted to make sure it wasn't some random passerby lol.

Thanks again. I just went to the IV checker in Batika City and he was overwhelmed by how good this Dratini's potential is. Can I just level this one up to 55, make it a Dragonite and rek people online? Damn, I'm excited!

Korosenai

Thanks again. I just went to the IV checker in Batika City and he was overwhelmed by how good this Dratini's potential is. Can I just level this one up to 55, make it a Dragonite and rek people online? Damn, I'm excited!

Well, it has 31 iv's in everything but attack... so you'll probably be good to go, unless you have the God Ditto and can breed one with 31 iv's in everything but special attack.

edit: If you plan on using Dragon Dance and Weakness Policy, then you'll be completely fine. It should boost its attack up good enough.

SeZMehK

Does any one have access to a clefairy safari with HA. If so could someone catch me a female HA clefairy in a luxury ball please? :eek:

Edit: Nevermind, I have access to one. :x

Bebpo

Banned
This is my first pokemon game but I don't get why so few pokemon have mega evolutions and your main starting pokemon who is the flagship character for the game doesn't. Just seems so odd from a game/story design purpose.

Are they just saving making mega evolutions for more pokemon for the next entry and this was just a teaser?

Wichu

This is my first pokemon game but I don't get why so few pokemon have mega evolutions and your main starting pokemon who is the flagship character for the game doesn't. Just seems so odd from a game/story design purpose.

Are they just saving making mega evolutions for more pokemon for the next entry and this was just a teaser?

I think their reasoning was that they gave Mega Evolutions to Pokémon from older games to freshen them up a bit, hence why no Pokémon new to X/Y have them.

L.O.R.D

is anyone having problem connecting to internet ?
this is the 3 rd time this day i got disconnected

edit : wow, thank Wichu

Kirlia

Banned

Very, very likely.

Does Dragonite only benefit from the Assault Vest if he already has a defensive nature/build? I have an adamant Dragonite with EVs in Atk and Spd and I'm wondering what item he should be holding.

macklelol

Does Dragonite only benefit from the Assault Vest if he already has a defensive nature/build? I have an adamant Dragonite with EVs in Atk and Spd and I'm wondering what item he should be holding.

Probably not. If you were running a defensive Dragonite, you would want to have access to Roost, and putting an Assault Vest on it prevents that. I would just put a Weakness Policy or maybe a Lum Berry on Dragonite.

Probably not. If you were running a defensive Dragonite, you would want to have access to Roost, and putting an Assault Vest on it prevents that. I would just put a Weakness Policy or maybe a Lum Berry on Dragonite.

Thanks, man! I've been reading posts on how awesome Assault Vest Dragonite was, but can't figure out when he would benefit from that, as even my Attack one has a buff (Dragon Dance) on it.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Hey, I can't seem to figure this out but where would I find a Fire Gem in X&Y. I noticed I have a normal one, but I need a fire one.

Tiamant

Life is funny. I can manage to end up 5-0 or 6-0 against uber teams (Kyogre, Rayquaza, Dialga and such) but I struggle a lot against teams of Pikachu, Greninja and Talonflame.

Hey guys I've got the following Pokémon on offer. See if you want any of them.

Trevenant: Adamant - xx/31/31/31/31/31 - Frisk
Venonat: Timid - 31/xx/31/xx/31/31 - Compound Eyes
Larvitar: Adamant - 31/31/31/xx/31/xx - Guts
Dratini: Adamant - 31/31/31/31/xx/xx - Shed Skin

I would like in perticular a 6IV Ditto to help with breeding but would accept anything else.

Thank you in advance, my FC is in my profile and PM me if you add me.

I've still got the above on offer if anyone wants them. They leveled up a bit by accident so there are some EVs on them (not sure how many though).

Top Bottom