• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Thanks a lot for your offer. Can I catch a Marvel Scale Dratini myself? Is that a property some wild Dratinis randomly have and others don't? And where do I check whether my Dratini got it or not?

It's a Hidden Abillity, so you can only get it if you catch on in a friend safari. afaik.

spiritfox

Thanks a lot for your offer. Can I catch a Marvel Scale Dratini myself? Is that a property some wild Dratinis randomly have and others don't? And where do I check whether my Dratini got it or not?

They are only available in Friend Safaris as Dragonairs. It's a Hidden Ability, just check your abilities.

Speaking of HAs, this Murkrow is just not giving me the IVs and HA I want.

SeZMehK

Bah, because it snowed yesterday, I have to go dig out my backyard. The front was done yesterday. Also, I stayed home from work saying I couldn't make it. Lol.

Nekki

Man, it's the first time I try to get into pokemon competitively, and I feel i'm so lost, lol. Anybody have an easy to understand guide on IV's? I don't know how you people calculate it, i looked at some calculators and it's too complex.

Man, it's the first time I try to get into pokemon competitively, and I feel i'm so lost, lol. Anybody have an easy to understand guide on IV's? I don't know how you people calculate it, i looked at some calculators and it's too complex.

The simplest way to judge what IVs a Pokémon has is the judge in Kiloude City who'll tell you how good they are.

If he says that an IV for a perticular stat 'cannot be beat' it means you got 31 in that stat (the highest). If he says something like 'This stat's terrible' you got 0 in that stat.

Wichu

IVs: hidden values (one per stat) from 0-31. The benefit is spread over level ups (e.g. at level 100, you get the full +31, while at level 50 you get +15 or +16 depending on EVs).

IVs are fixed when you obtain a Pokémon, and there's no way to change them. Most wild Pokémon simply have all six set to a random number. Non-breeding Pokémon (including legendaries) always have three random stats set to 31, Friend Safari-caught Pokémon have two 31s, and apparently Poké Radar also influences IVs.

The purple-haired guy in the Kiloude City Pokémon Center tells you which of your Pokémon's IVs are the highest; if it has any 31 IVs, he will say it "can't be beat" in those stats. He'll also tell you if the Pokémon has any 0 IVs.

When you breed two Pokémon, the child inherits three IVs at random (could be from one parent or a mix of both); if one of the parents is holding Destiny Knot the child will inherit five IVs instead (see if you can get a hex-31 Ditto from someone here; it makes breeding a lot easier).

I think that's pretty much it.

Korosenai

I'm thinking about making a trick room team.

Right now I want Porygon 2, Mega Ampharos, Aegislash, Reuniclus, and Slowbro... not sure about the sixth Pokemon. Does this team look pretty good?

Wichu

My doubles/triples Trick Room team has Aromatisse/Machamp/Rhyperior/Mega Ampharos/Amoonguss/Musharna.

I used Marowak on my 4th gen Trick Room team, and it is pretty powerful; however, it's relatively fast, so if you face another Trick Room team you might find it's not as useful.

Korosenai

As I always say: Marowak.

Marowak and Ampharos works well in doubles.

Ooooh, I forgot about Marowak.

Tiamant, wasn't that you doing the Cubone giveaway? Do you still have any?

My doubles/triples Trick Room team has Aromatisse/Machamp/Rhyperior/Mega Ampharos/Amoonguss/Musharna.

I used Marowak on my 4th gen Trick Room team, and it is pretty powerful; however, it's relatively fast, so if you face another Trick Room team you might find it's not as useful.

Machamp is another mon I might use. What about Conkeldurr?

OceanBlue

Right now I want Porygon 2, Mega Ampharos, Aegislash, Reuniclus, and Slowbro... not sure about the sixth Pokemon. Does this team look pretty good?
I thought Aegislash wants to go last so it can take the hit in Shield form.

Aggressive Ghost- and Dark-types will tear you apart if you're not under Trick Room at all times. Also, I don't think Aegislash works too well under TR, since its schtick revolves around boosting and mindgames rather than all-out attacking. I'd say replace it with either Marowak or Brave Crawdaunt for a more effective party.

Korosenai

I thought Aegislash wants to go last so it can take the hit in Shield form.

That's a good point. I was just thinking about its slow speed in sword mode, kind of forgot about it's lackluster defenses....

Aggressive Ghost- and Dark-types will tear you apart if you're not under Trick Room at all times. Also, I don't think Aegislash works too well under TR, since its schtick revolves around boosting and mindgames rather than all-out attacking. I'd say replace it with either Marowak or Brave Crawdaunt for a more effective party.

I'll probably just switch in Crawdaunt for Aegislash. I already have a trained Crawdaunt, but it's Adamant. It'd be easy to breed a brave one though.

OceanBlue

I've heard that Trick Room teams still need some speed control in case they can't get TR up. What do you guys think about that? I've never made a themed team so I dunno.

Tiamant

GG Tiamant!

Also how did shadow sneak miss exactly? i'm not sure what happened?

Good game! Everything started to went bad when Aegislash appeared, I should've switched Whimsicott instead of losing Bouffalant so stupidly.

Bright Powder, I always hope for the miss when leech stalling, it almost worked this time :)

And Typhlosion almost killed Tyranitar, I guess his sp.def under sand is too much even for a x4 weakness. Then you had Slowbro with half HP and I don't know if Solar Beam would've been enough...

edit: Frillish is superb Nub!

freoleo29

Good game! Everything started to went bad when Aegislash appeared, I should've switched Whimsicott instead of losing Bouffalant so stupidly.

Bright Powder, I always hope for the miss when leech stalling, it almost worked this time :)

And Typhlosion almost killed Tyranitar, I guess his sp.def under sand is too much even for a x4 weakness. Then you had Slowbro with half HP and I don't know if Solar Beam would've been enough...

edit: Frillish is superb Nub!

Solar Beam may not have been enough without sun otherwise it was really close,
You pretty much came out with the win considering mine were nearly all OU vs a UU team :p

Tiamant

Damn it mackelol, you are without a doubt the hardest one around here for me, I think I've never won a match against you. GG!

NEO0MJ

I used Machamp because I wanted something with access to Quick Guard, but if you're not interested in that, Conkeldurr's probably better.

Well, it still has perfect accuracy Dynamic Punch, and can probably make for a good rest-talker.

freoleo29

Does anyone have some egg move sableye's around here?
I have some 5 iv stuff to offer, just send me a pm.
(in a battle atm so cant check what i have left) :p
Thanks

CorvoSol

I'm trying to get all the videos from Twitch this weekend onto YouTube before Twitch deletes them but will get to the tournament matchups after this.

Just wanted to quickly say that Bank now checks for location-based hacks which was allowing people to transfer over Pokemon that were hacked to say they were born in Kalos.

I wonder how many of my Pokemon will be allowed to transfer, haha. I cheated a bunch in Gen V. I'm glad that there won't be that in Gen VI, but I still hope I can bring the majority of my Pokemon over to save time in collecting 'em all again.

Another question regarding Dragonite: I read that "Extreme Speed" is a recommended move on him, however Dratinis with that skill were event-bound at some point in the previous versions. Any way to get my hands on such a Dratini? Is it tough?

Just finished the Pokemon League for the 1st time. Such a terrific game.

Top Bottom