• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Eevees galore as well. I got one named DICHEAD. I feel really bad for it and plan to
put it out of its misery
release it.

Apparently Bidoof isn't alone. Just received an "I H8 LUVDISC". The worst was a Kecleon called
"n1gger".
It was subsequently released. A process which was historically self-serving.

What are they asking for in regards to the Phione??

Someone sent me one on Wonder Trade!

Kirlia

Banned
A lot of Growlithe today as well. I remember when Flabebe was EXTREMELY common on Wonder Trade...still is, to an extent, but not as much.

If I had a Manaphy, I'd breed Phiones for people. I got a Phione by trading someone a Ditto. Very lucky, as I didn't ask for it; I just saw they needed a Ditto from their status.

Dryk

I got a lot of good stuff out of the 50 or so Honedge I Wonder Traded the other day

Gooey Goomy
Treecko
Totodile
Aron with Superpower, Head Smash and Iron Head
Growlithe with Flare Blitz, Morning Sun, Close Combat
5IV Swinub with Stealth Rock and Icicle Crash

Then I got a 31/x/31/x/31/x Sentret and I have no idea what to do with it

Muku

I was just thinking today I probably should throw some of these Ponyta up on WT. Just to see if I can get something interesting. I then thought to myself "What is the Chinese zodiac for this year...?" It's the horse. How fitting.

Kirlia

Banned
So many Froakies, too. Very little love for little Bulbasaur. What would you do with a box of Ralts???

Yeah, seems like the Grass starters don't get much love on Wonder Trade. Charmander might be the most common starter on WT, even moreso than Froakie.

I should raise a box of Ralts. It'd suit me.

Muku

Best nickname I was told of was a Bidoof by the name of "MILEYCYRUS"

LOL OMG. I almost want to go find one, name it that, and throw it up on WT.

Edit: Would Greninja be an appropriate substitute with her tongue thing? Or wait, would Lickitung be better suited?

Lucky me just got a Barschwa!
German for Feebas?

I was just thinking today I probably should throw some of these Ponyta up on WT. Just to see if I can get something interesting. I then thought to myself "What is the Chinese zodiac for this year...?" It's the horse. How fitting.

Damn, too convenient! Do it! Nickname them first.

Best nickname I was told of was a Bidoof by the name of "MILEYCYRUS"

I've been meaning to catch 10 Pokemon and nickname them for the Global Link medal. I think I'm gonna go breed a bunch of Trubbish and do this.

Muku

China 2014? I wish I was more creative.

LOL. Though at first 2014. Then I was like "Oh I could name one Mr Ed". Hahaha. I then thought famous horses but I'm not sure about any other than Mr. Ed. And I'd probably put a boatload up since I'm about to get several boxes of these things checked in a moment, so even if there were not sure there'd be enough names.

"Zodiac 2014" mebbe...

Kirlia

Banned
LOL. Though at first 2014. Then I was like "Oh I could name one Mr Ed". Hahaha. I then thought famous horses but I'm not sure about any other than Mr. Ed. And I'd probably put a boatload up since I'm about to get several boxes of these things checked in a moment, so even if there where not sure there'd be enough names.

"Zodiac 2014" mebbe...

Mr. Ed isn't bad at all, but Zodiac 2014 also works.

On a slightly random note, I'm surprised I have yet to encounter a Bunnelby on WT with a derogatory nickname.

Edit: Haha, just got a Zubat named "Sorry." And then WHOA, a Swampert! Level 46 and Lonely natured...not bad!

Muku

Another day of no shiny pony. One day... some day... that day just isn't today.

About to toss some of these puppiesponies up on WT. Hope there are some interesting things being given out. Sounds like Kirlia is having some nice luck on there!

Spinluck

I got a lot of good stuff out of the 50 or so Honedge I Wonder Traded the other day

Gooey Goomy
Treecko
Totodile
Aron with Superpower, Head Smash and Iron Head
Growlithe with Flare Blitz, Morning Sun, Close Combat
5IV Swinub with Stealth Rock and Icicle Crash

Then I got a 31/x/31/x/31/x Sentret and I have no idea what to do with it

can you breed a growlithe for me?

i raised an awesome all out attacker life orb arcanine w/extreme speed/wild charge/fire fang/close combat, but i sort of gimped it. cause i assumed arcanine would learn flare blirz lol. but found out growlithe learns it pretty late lol. i gave it a fire stone at like level 20 because im stupid. now i have to settle with fire fang, which only has upsides in no recoil and flinch potential. i'll probably keep this one to the side, but would also like a flame blitzer at the side.

also, anything special about the honedges you're giving away?

onslack

I sent all my fully evolved pokemon that i used to complete my Kalos Dex over WT, I now send my IV bred babies out.

I gave poor ol bulbasaur some love a while back, sent a load with their HA out

My favourite wonder trade was a shiny Happiny nicknamed "No thanks". When I looked at it s IVs I saw why (0 defence says it all).

I'd got as many shinies from trades (Donphan and Relicanth being the others on GTS, the former was me asking for Donphan too, nicknamed Shiny?) as I have myself (Volbeat egg, Gulpin Hordhe, Mime Jr. Horde).

All this talk of wonder trade makes me want to trade some but I've run dry. All I've got left are a few 3IV Dittos I no longer need but its really not worth giving them away for a fletchling or scatterbug (I still evolve these guys to see if it is a pattern I lack). I personally GTS evolved stuff and hope for someone to read description (HA or egg moves are my only goal).

Though I have a feeling most folks on WT don't even pay attention to that. It's so rare I get anything decent on it.
I'd say about 10% of level 1 Pokemon I get have marked IVs. Even then they are sometimes wrong.

Sometimes I check out the players (and try to nice people who give me good stuff) and it is disappointing how many people with hundreds of trades are sending out junk (I can understand people starting out). I find people with 1000s of trades (like myself) tends to be better but even then marking IVs is just as rare...

Muku

I'd say about 10% of level 1 Pokemon I get have marked IVs. Even then they are sometimes wrong.

Sometimes I check out the players (and try to nice people who give me good stuff) and it is disappointing how many people with hundreds of trades are sending out junk (I can understand people starting out). I find people with 1000s of trades (like myself) tends to be better but even then marking IVs is just as rare...

It'd say what I get on WT it's even less that are marked. And then you get jokers who mark everything. Like I got something on there a couple weeks ago. Was trading away extra breeding rejects of Zorua. I finished my trades and noticed one was all marked. I was hoping it'd be right but not holding my breath. Thing had best decent of one thing... so annoying. Wish folks that don't know what those mean would leave them alone. Or if they think they're gaming some kind of system or something.

Edit: I imagine most don't mark their rejects. I wouldn't, but I don't want to pass on 6IVs in my batches. Right now really only breeding for shiny, but not sure WT deserves 6's with all the trash up. ;_;

Ugh, so very tired of being sent in-game trade Pokemon, like the Farfetch'd and Steelix.

The deed has been done. 10 Lonely, female, Stench Trubbish with Attract, Double Team, Infestation and Poison Gas, all holding a Max Repel and nicknamed "Miley Cyrus" have been sent out over Wonder Trade. I shall revisit this activity, it has been quite entertaining.

Muku

The deed has been done. 10 Lonely, female, Stench Trubbish with Attract, Double Team, Infestation and Poison Gas, all holding a Max Repel and nicknamed "Miley Cyrus" have been sent out over Wonder Trade. I shall revisit this activity, it has been quite entertaining.

You sir, are a hero to WT! Especially after this garbage I'm getting... keeping a list of all I get each trade.

Edit: Screw Flabebe... keep getting this grass trash. :(

Haha a Fletchling named "Tiny Bird". :/

Dryk

I seem to get a lot of Dratini. Honedge and Scyther are also still pretty common, but I get a few odd ones every so often, like Totodile and Vullaby.
I got a 31/4/31/x/31/31 Japanese Vullaby with Foul Play in Wonder Trade. The only thing I've ever gotten from that that you could straight up use without further breeding.

Ah yess... Honedge too. I freaking hate that thing now.
I've traded away over 100 Honedge this week. At least I will have once I finish with this batch of 50. Getting fuck all so far (except a Cyndaquil!)

Edit: I imagine most don't mark their rejects. I wouldn't, but I don't want to pass on 6IVs in my batches. Right now really only breeding for shiny, but not sure WT deserves 6's with all the trash up. ;_;
Everything I breed is marked though. And as a rule I don't WT 5 or 6IV Pokemon, I keep them to trade properly with.

How could I forget the Conkedurr nicknamed DURR

Hey, don't diss on Quacklin'.
I have a French version. Something like Insp.Magret (I'll look it up sometime).

Otherwise jokes on the trader, they lost that ID number forever (I should really check the IVs of it sometime as in game trades seem to be fixed, all have the same nature and perfect stat).

Muku

I was going with the garbage thing on purpose.. because well it totally fit, LOL.

Going through Pokemon now and man. Traded 2 full boxes of 5IV Ponyta. (I breed too much to get shinies to keep boxes of 5 around anymore like I used to.) All named Zodiac 2014. Most repeats I got were Flabebe at 7. (4 yellow, 2 blue, 1 orange) I also traded a Ponyta to get a Ponyta. Talk about a wa waaa waaaa moment. And it appears it only has defense as a good stat. Fail.

Edit: Not much of interested but got an item or two at least.

Sigilyph - 4IV - Roost/Stored Power/Psycho Shift
Tepig - 4IV - Sucker Punch (Didn't have a Tepig so bonus on that.)
Lileep - 3IV - Recover/Barrier/Stealth Rock/Mirror Coat + HA
Dragonite - 2IV - but fact I got a 56 is kind of cool.

ugoo18

Quick question about Baton Pass and Shell Smash.

Does Baton Pass only pass on the positive stat boosts or would it also pass on the stat decreases of Shell Smash?

one_kill

So an ideal user of a Baton Pass Shell smash would be something with fairly high defenses already and if possible a recovery move?
I'm not too sure, but I imagine a Pokemon with high defence and the capacity to sweep would be ideal.

Maybe a SpA sweeper with fairly good SpD and/or Def holding Assault Vest?

You could also use a Focus Sash to at least ensure that the Pokemon you're giving the stats to can at least survive what would otherwise be a OHKO.

ugoo18

I'm not too sure, but I imagine a Pokemon with high defence and the capacity to sweep would be ideal.

Maybe a SpA sweeper with fairly good SpD and/or Def holding Assault Vest?

You could also use a Focus Sash to at least ensure that the Pokemon you're giving the stats to can at least survive what would otherwise be a OHKO.

I'm thinking to pass it to a bulky Mega Scizor and then probably use a combination of Bullet punch and Pursuit till it dies.

Top Bottom