• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

My screen was stuck at "waiting for your partner response" so I said fuck it and switched off the LAN interruptor, and voilá, cloned Slowpoke!

That Stunky has egg moves,good nature, IV's and Ability, try it if you want to discover a hidden gem!

Weird... looks like after the Slowking evolved I don't have it... guess we didn't clone it - I never got it? Thank you Based PokeGods.

Thanks, man! Going to super train this guy up right now.

freoleo29

Just a tip EV training with hordes is much faster then super training.
With a power item and pokerus you can get 50 EV'S in one battle, so in 5 battles you can nearly max out a stat.
There is a mini guide somewhere as to which hordes to kill for which stat's :)

Weird... looks like after the Slowking evolved I don't have it... guess we didn't clone it - I never got it? Thank you Based PokeGods.

You guys just saw exactly what happened to me when I tried cloning a shiny Gurdurr. Thankfully the game just reverts to its previous state when a trade isn't completed due to a communication error during evolution.

OceanBlue

Will do man, thanks! The only thing I have to worry about is if he says they're horrible right?

They might still be bad but above 0. An easy way to check is to go to the Battle Institute or anywhere else that scales your Pokemon's level, check your Pokemon's new stats, and stick them into a calculator along with the nature and stuff. It could make a 10-15 point difference!

it's best of 1, pray for parahax or something :lol

Lol I think I might take Focus Blast off of all of my Pokemon. :V

MicH

Oooh, holy shit! Random shiny Scraggy in a horde while EV training. Ohgod, please don't let me kill it thinking it's one of the other

EDIT YES CAUGHT IT

Now to fix my god damn Pokemons' EVs

Tiamant

Will do man, thanks! The only thing I have to worry about is if he says they're horrible right?

Actually the 0 speed IV's "corrupt" the veredict of the judge, if I'm not mistaken this Slowpoke had stats "above average" so I'd check the defense with an IV calculator.

OceanBlue

Oh yeah, and sometimes it doesn't matter lol. My Starmie doesn't have perfect SDEF IVs (Starmie was one of the first Pokemon I bred), but the difference really only amounts to 1-2 points at level 50 so I'm not going through the effort to breed more. :V

Oh yeah, and sometimes it doesn't matter lol. My Starmie doesn't have perfect SDEF IVs (Starmie was one of the first Pokemon I bred), but the difference really only amounts to 1-2 points at level 50 so I'm not going through the effort to breed more. :V
That happened to my Tyrunt. Perfect IVs save Sp.Atk which calculates to 30. Gives it HP Electric but it was bred with Thunder Fang which is much better on Tyrantrum.

Andrefpvs

Does anyone know if a Pokémon hatches in a Friend Ball will they have their default happiness set to 200? Could be helpful.

Dammit, if Bank was available I could be doing these tests myself :/

Roto13

So I guess the delay of Pokemon Bank means I lost my chance to restart my game and get another Torchic.

Thanks, Nintendo.

I want another Blazikenite though.

To be honest, only giving Blazikenite over a limited wi-fi event has pretty big competitive implications since it severely limits who can get it. I suppose cloning can fix it a bit.

I think Nintendo and Gamefreak need to change how they distribute stuff like that - limited Pokemon events, whatever, but items like that should be freely available.

OceanBlue

To be honest, only giving Blazikenite over a limited wi-fi event has pretty big competitive implications since it severely limits who can get it. I suppose cloning can fix it a bit.

I think Nintendo and Gamefreak need to change how they distribute stuff like that - limited Pokemon events, whatever, but items like that should be freely available.

Nintendo probably doesn't care too much because you can't even use Mega Blaziken in their official tournament format. I agree in general, but just something to point out.

Roto13

Do you want mine? I don't intend to use it--ever.

Nah, thanks, but I don't really have any immediate need for it. (I'll get someone to hold the one I have so I can get it back when I restart.) But I figure I'll eventually run into someone who wants a Blazikenite but missed the download window.

Though if item cloning is a thing, which I hadn't previously heard about, then it's less important.

Yeah, ok :p But my Mega Scizor should be able to deal with Togekiss right?

ibpeX8j8n5Z3Mw.gif

Dandalf

Neo Member
Have I told you guys how excited I am for Pokemon Bank?

I was pretty excited when "launch day" was approaching, but with the recent re-release I'm even more excited knowing that it may be actually be coming soon(ish).

Even though I may only use it a couple times, the fact that I can finally move all my legacy Pokemon over to X and Y...

EXCITE!

Alchemy

I was pretty excited when "launch day" was approaching, but with the recent re-release I'm even more excited knowing that it may be actually be coming soon(ish).

Even though I may only use it a couple times, the fact that I can finally move all my legacy Pokemon over to X and Y...

EXCITE!

I have four boxes of EV trained things I've collected since Emerald that I want to import, a box and a half of things I want to EV train still (lots of event Pokemon), and a complete Black/White Pokedex that is ordered in box (30 at a time obviously) that I want to finish and upload the X and Y dex to complete it. Once I get all that sorted out, I still need to update move sets, abilities, and levels on all the things I've trained over the years.

You have no idea how much I want Box right now.

Dandalf

Neo Member
Also, serious heads up for everyone in here.

The Field Guide to Kanto JUST went back up on sale. I just got an email reminder saying it was back in stock.

This sold out pretty quickly the first time, and I just placed my order for the hardback version.

Get one while you can!

Also, serious heads up for everyone in here.

The Field Guide to Kanto JUST went back up on sale. I just got an email reminder saying it was back in stock.

This sold out pretty quickly the first time, and I just placed my order for the hardback version.

Get one while you can!

I was at their booth at MagFest and almost, but didn't pull the trigger on the field guide. I was more interested in the Studies in Evolution posters, but it was a lot of money!

MicH

I have just over a box of stuff I can use in the tournament and over half a box of stuff I cannot use. All my favorites, too, lol.

Dandalf

Neo Member
I was at their booth at MagFest and almost, but didn't pull the trigger on the field guide. I was more interested in the Studies in Evolution posters, but it was a lot of money!

I like those posters a lot!

The only problem is having a permanent roommate (wife) who probably wouldn't approve of them going up anywhere but my side of the closet, which wouldn't be seen by many people.

The book will have to suffice, but the book looks so good I won't mind leaving it on our coffee table.

Out of curiosity - how was the art within the book? The previews show some pretty great art. Was the whole book like that?

Korosenai

I have just over a box of stuff I can use in the tournament and over half a box of stuff I cannot use. All my favorites, too, lol.

I have like, half a box I can use, but only about 4 of them I want to use. I need to breed and train the last two tomorrow when I get some spare time.

I like those posters a lot!

The only problem is having a permanent roommate (wife) who probably wouldn't approve of them going up anywhere but my side of the closet, which wouldn't be seen by many people.

The book will have to suffice, but the book looks so good I won't mind leaving it on our coffee table.

Out of curiosity - how was the art within the book? The previews show some pretty great art. Was the whole book like that?

It's a lot like that for all of the original 152 Pokemon. I'm not sure why I didn't buy it, I collect tons of art books. The posters were probably a distraction because all three were hung up in their glory along the booth wall. They were what I was interested in more, but I had no idea where to hang them (almost the same problem)

CorvoSol

EXCITE!

It so isn't coming till next month, I bet. :(

Laieon

Aw, I completely forgot about Torchic. X was taunting me when it arrived earlier because that ad was still in it. :(

Boy, is trying to find a Hidden Ability Murkrow a pain or what :/
I've been looking for awhile now and I can't run into one at all.

Also, is using Worry Seed an efficient way to figure that out or is there a better way because I feel like I'm doing something wrong here.

Also, is using Worry Seed an efficient way to figure that out or is there a better way because I feel like I'm doing something wrong here.
I don't know about Worry Seed but the Trace ability is great. It copies the far left Pokemon's ability. Kill the far left Pokemon and the next in line gets traced.

MicH

I use a Pokemon with Entrainment. Becuase HA Murkrow are only found in hordes, you can select which one to check (especially nice if you, like me, want a female in a special ball). Worry Seed works like it

SeZMehK

I use a Pokemon with Entrainment. Becuase HA Murkrow are only found in hordes, you can select which one to check (especially nice if you, like me, want a female in a special ball). Worry Seed works like it

Same here when I am looking for a horde HA. I lead with a male poke with cute charm so it increases the amount of female pokes that spawn. Then I used entrainment or worry seed. :D

spiritfox

I just bred a whole bunch. If you want I can trade you. I just left for work though.

Edit: nevermind you got it LOL.

Top Bottom