• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Korosenai

I'm going to breed a lot of Misdreavus tomorrow. It has egg moves Nasty Plot, Destiny Bond, Imprison, Skill Swap.

Anyone want the breeding rejects? No luxury/premier balls though, peasants pokeball instead.

I love the peasant poke balls, so could I have one? :p

I'll come up with a list of stuff I have tomorrow, hopefully something you don't have yet.

Usobuko

Banned
My favourite part of the fight was at the start. I predicted he was going to start off with Breloom so I picked Gliscor to be first. He didn't switch out for some reason (perhaps he thought I didn't have anything to fight him with), so I OHKO his Breloom with Aerial Ace

Your Gliscor has Speed EVs? I think he intended to spore you at first to prevent your Toxic Orb from activating.

one_kill

I'm going to breed a lot of Misdreavus tomorrow. It has egg moves Nasty Plot, Destiny Bond, Imprison, Skill Swap.

Anyone want the breeding rejects? No luxury/premier balls though, peasants pokeball instead.
Yes please Usobuko :D

wat.

Decided if I'm making an Escavalier I'd also make an Accelgor.
Shelmet successfully Protects 4? times in a row.
Final Gambit Accelgor sounds interesting lol

Kamikaze with devastating results

Your Gliscor has Speed EVs? I think he intended to spore you at first to prevent your Toxic Orb from activating.
Ah no. It's mostly in HP and Def.

ffdgh

I must say this week(last week?) has been a great week for competitive masuda breeding.
shiny charmander, chimchar, growlithe(x2) treecko and eevee.

Korosenai

I think you're on my FC but I can't remember. I guess I will send you my FC.

Edit: No worries, I got plenty of good stuff from PokeGAF. Time to give back a little.
We should be friends. I think you traded me the Latias/Latios... can't remember which one it was.

one_kill

Yeah, but silly gimmicks are fun. I'm not worried about being top-tier competitive If I can sweep a friend once with a freakin' Azumarill, it'll be worth it.
Belly Drum limits Azumarill's potential because it cuts its HP in half. My Azumarill usually dies in 2HKO. If you time it right though, you can sweep a number of Pokemon with Play Rough.

CrimsonN0

Belly Drum limits Azumarill's potential because it cuts its HP in half. My Azumarill usually dies in 2HKO. If you time it right though, you can sweep a number of Pokemon with Play Rough.
Yeah, I pretty much gave up on Belly Drum Azumarill.
The only time I managed to use it and not die was when the opponent was also setting up.
My Azumarill had Belly Drum, Aqua Tail, Aqua Jet, and Play Rough - got completely walled by a Furfrou with Cotton Guard, Rest, and Baby Doll Eyes- also had a Rocky Helmet.

Muku

Ooh, I'd be interested in one! Peasant Pokeballs are best Pokeballs.

Gotta love getting a Wonder Trade Dratini with all 6 markings, taking it to Kiloude City and seeing "above average overall, greatest potential in Speed, and some fantastic stats. Oh and hey, the HP sucks, lolol."

Firestorm

Yeah, but silly gimmicks are fun. I'm not worried about being top-tier competitive If I can sweep a friend once with a freakin' Azumarill, it'll be worth it.
Yeah, but to do that you don't really need Belly Drum. I was trying out Choice Band Azumarill with Play Rough / Waterfall / Aqua Jet / Superpower and it was pretty damn strong.

Muku

Gotta love getting a Wonder Trade Dratini with all 6 markings, taking it to Kiloude City and seeing "above average overall, greatest potential in Speed, and some fantastic stats. Oh and hey, the HP sucks, lolol."

I really wish people who don't know what those markings are for would stop playing with them. Just admit you're giving me trash instead of me having to check that's it's trash. Because odds are it's trash. :(

I really wish people who don't know what those markings are for would stop playing with them. Just admit you're giving me trash instead of me having to check that's it's trash. Because odds are it's trash. :(
I'll admit in previous generations I used the markings for other crap. Pokemon I've raised, shiny Pokemon, et cetera. I had no idea it what IVs were.

The internet made those markings mean something. Nobody gave a shit beforehand because they were just fun markings. My friend has been giving out Wonder Trades with the heart marking the past couple days since she got the game because she likes it.

Muku

I know some folks have internal things they use them for, but they don't mean the same to everyone. And it's not that I think they're using it for any meaningful stuff either. They're either marked thereabouts correctly, or they're incorrectly all marked with not a damn thing being remotely close.

In Black I started to know what IVs where but I didn't bother to breed Pokemon for them or anything. And while I didn't use the markings, I'd still have gotten rid of any internal ones I did before I were to trade. Because it can mean so many things to folks (obviously what I think fits for me won't work for everyone), I just can't help but think the ones I've gotten off WT in any case are for anything other than trying to mislead.

one_kill

I laugh when someone throws out Sticky Web against my team. Apart from one Pokemon, my team consists of slow Pokemon and I'm used to going second in most cases.

Is Last Resort an egg move for Eevee now?

Also, someone here said they don't think Pokemon-Aime will stick around next generation. How will we get our Sylveons then?
Game Freak will design a new way. Like what they did with Milotic.

Muku

Wut the wut? Re-traded a WT Aron and got a Kyurem.

Wow, nice!

Gave a few Ponyta away a moment ago. While it was only 5, seems things right now are a bit more diverse than they have been. Getting some stuff I haven't really gotten off there, or don't see often though WT. I like that because at least it adds a bit of a surprise.

I was thinking of breeding some myself. I'd love to get one of those.

FC is 2320-6152-0406, ign Nick.

SeZMehK

Man, I haven't been getting much sleep lately due to having many things on my mind. I decided to stay home from work. However, if my subordinate doesn't come in today, I will have to go because I would have to submit the payroll.

one_kill

I'm currently fighting this random dude online... and he's literally stalling. He knows he has lost the match, but he won't let it end quickly. He's just letting the counter run its course.

What he doesn't know however is that I actually like it. It lets me do my work lol

Son Of D

Are there still people who lie about Ditto IVs in GTS? I'm looking at one now that claims to have 6IVs and wants a Yveltal for it (I've got 2 of them). Don't want to waste a Yveltal on what could be a 1 or 2 IV Ditto.

one_kill

Are there still people who lie about Ditto IVs in GTS? I'm looking at one now that claims to have 6IVs and wants a Yveltal for it (I've got 2 of them). Don't want to waste a Yveltal on what could be a 1 or 2 IV Ditto.
Yes, people still lie on GTS.

Yveltal's pretty easy to get though. I currently have 7.

spiritfox

I agree Grovyle looks better, but I still really like Sceptile purely designwise!

Sceptile looks too bulky for a fast gecko lizard thing. I expected something sleeker as a evolution to Grovyle, who has one of the best 1st stage evolution designs.

FSLink

Banned

If it's too good to be true...yeah don't trade it, trade with people here or people you can trust if it's something more "valuable".

Top Bottom