• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

I just realized that I forgot to nickname my Nidoking! =O

Everyone, just pretend it's name is Baragon. That is all.

EDIT: NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

ugoo18

Came across this on Gfaqs and just tested it out succesfully.

It's in relation to the Matsuda Method.

When the daycare man offers you an egg take the egg and save right after.

Hatch the next egg he offers you, if it's a shiny you'll now be able to manipulate it while always having it hatch as a shiny as long as you have 1 of the original parents in the daycare.

So far i've hatched my shiny and i've been messing around with it to see how i can change it, i've been able to alter it's IVs from HP/AtK/Def/SpA/SpD to HP/AtK/Def/SpA/Spe by taking out one of the parents and giving it a power item.

That also changed the nature of the child however it remained shiny and it's ability also remained the exact same.

1. Take egg given to you and save right after
2. Take the next egg after and hatch it, if it's a shiny you can manipulate it now by soft resetting.

You can soft reset to your initial save after receiving the first egg as much as you like and change either of the parents and the child will still hatch as a shiny with altered IVs depending on what power item you give them.

I hope i explained that properly.

EDIT: Seems that the nature is set without the everstone and the IVs are somewhat set, you can alter them with a power item but depending on what nature is already set it may not be useful to you.

Gender is set still as well from what i've experienced so far.

Ability can be changed by changing the parent, although this was by changing a HA parent to a normal parent. Haven't tried HA Parent to HA Parent yet.

Usobuko

Banned
What are all the good looking shinies? Hawlucha, Aegislash, Glalie, Luxray?

Because most of the time I find the original to look better.

macklelol

Eh, I think shiny Hawlucha looks pretty bad, though I wasn't really that much of a fan of Hawlucha to begin with.

I personally like shiny Pumpkaboo and Gourgeist a lot. Dratini and Dragonair, as well. I do agree that a lot of the normal versions are better than the shiny versions.

one_kill

Yeah, most of the originals look better.
Hawlucha and Aegislash have awesome shinies. Luxray too.
Other awesome ones are Metagross, Sableye, Gliscor, Forretress, and Azumarill.

Wichu

Came across this on Gfaqs and just tested it out succesfully.

It's in relation to the Matsuda Method.

When the daycare man offers you an egg take the egg and save right after.

Hatch the next egg he offers you, if it's a shiny you'll now be able to manipulate it while always having it hatch as a shiny as long as you have 1 of the original parents in the daycare.

So far i've hatched my shiny and i've been messing around with it to see how i can change it, i've been able to alter it's IVs from HP/AtK/Def/SpA/SpD to HP/AtK/Def/SpA/Spe by taking out one of the parents and giving it a power item.

That also changed the nature of the child however it remained shiny and it's ability also remained the exact same.

1. Take egg given to you and save right after
2. Take the next egg after and hatch it, if it's a shiny you can manipulate it now by soft resetting.

You can soft reset to your initial save after receiving the first egg as much as you like and change either of the parents and the child will still hatch as a shiny with altered IVs depending on what power item you give them.

I hope i explained that properly.

EDIT: Seems that the nature is set without the everstone and the IVs are somewhat set, you can alter them with a power item but depending on what nature is already set it may not be useful to you.

Gender is set still as well from what i've experienced so far.

Ability can be changed by changing the parent, although this was by changing a HA parent to a normal parent. Haven't tried HA Parent to HA Parent yet.

You can swap out both the parents and it will still work; however, changing from a variable-gender Pokémon to a fixed-gender Pokémon (or vice-versa) messes it up.

Gender is kinda set; switching between gender rates might cause gender to change.

HA or not is set.

This is actually old news, and was in the previous OT (albeit without the shiny part).

JoeM86

If Pokemon Z was in development, it would come out this year right? Next year would be remakes of Ruby and Sapphire?

It's a bit soon for a new main game. We may get one announced at the end of the year, but I highly doubt any will come.

Compare

Red/Green -> Yellow: February 26th 1996 -> September 12th 1998 (2 years 6 months)
Gold/Silver -> Crystal: November 21st 1999 -> December 12th 2000 (1 year 1 month - Odd anomaly)
Ruby/Sapphire -> FireRed/LeafGreen: November 21st 2002 -> January 28th 2004 (1 year 2 months)
Diamond/Pearl -> Platinum: September 28th 2006 -> September 12th 2008 (2 years)
Black/White -> Black 2/White 2: September 18th 2010 -> June 23rd 2012 (1 year 9 months).

Earliest we'll see a new game, in my opinion, is March next year.

spiritfox

Doing some team building, and realized Flash Fire Typhlosion would be a nice fit for... Oh wait. Game Freak!!

Btw, does anyone have a Growlithe with egg moves? I want to breed one.

Adrian121

Game Freak hired a ton of new people for X/Y, so maybe games could potentially come out at a faster rate now?

Right now, we have over 80 employees, but this is the result of expanding for the development of Pokémon X and Y. Previously, we had roughly 50 to 60 people, and before that we had much less. Also, to us, Pokémon is a very important piece of work, so we put a considerable amount of energy into it.

http://gimmegimmegames.com/2013/10/game-freak-needed-20-developers-make-pokemon-x-y/

That's quite the large jump in employees and could result in games coming out much faster, but then again the move to 3D means the games do require more work so who knows.

JoeM86

Game Freak hired a ton of new people for X/Y, so maybe games could potentially come out at a faster rate now?

That's quite the large jump in employees and could result in games coming out much faster, but then again the move to 3D means the games do require more work so who knows.

Doubtful. Increased workforce due to increased workload.

Also, just because they may be able to does not mean they should. Having a short period between main game and its successor has a direct impact on sales.

one_kill

It's a bit soon for a new main game. We may get one announced at the end of the year, but I highly doubt any will come.

Compare

Red/Green -> Yellow: February 26th 1996 -> September 12th 1998 (2 years 6 months)
Gold/Silver -> Crystal: November 21st 1999 -> December 12th 2000 (1 year 1 month - Odd anomaly)
Ruby/Sapphire -> FireRed/LeafGreen: November 21st 2002 -> January 28th 2004 (1 year 2 months)
Black/White -> Black 2/White 2: September 18th 2010 -> June 23rd 2012 (1 year 9 months).

Thanks for the info Joe. I generally just play one Pokemon game each generation, but I'm kinda excited for the next iteration.

Son Of D

Does anyone have a shiny Aegislash, Suicune, Aggron, Swampert or Jirachi that they'd be willing to clone? A friend's birthday is next week and I want to give him a shiny Pokémon out of his favourites as part of a gift. If they've got good IVs and nature then it's a bonus, but that's not necessary. All I have to offer is junk though so hopefully that doesn't matter.

Boogiepop

Compare

Couldn't the Blue to Red/Green also be considered the "third" to Gen I? Honestly, Gen I is kind of weird because Japanese Blue took up the role of a normal remake, and then Yellow came along and tried to add anime stuff.
Also, I'm surprised to see that apparently both Emerald and FireRed/LeafGreen came out the same year in Japan, with the same also applying to Platinum and HeartGold/SoulSilver.

Still, agreed that we probably aren't getting a "proper" game this year, at least due to X/Y coming out so late last year.

Korosenai

Who are some good Youtuber's that put up good VGC '14 gameplay? I'm wanting to watch some Pokemon gameplay this morning.

Also, offtopic, but holy shit at the Xbox One leak thread yesterday... I went from not even wanting an xbox one to definitely buying one this year because of the Halo War Bundle.

Usobuko

Banned
Does anyone have a shiny Aegislash, Suicune, Aggron, Swampert or Jirachi that they'd be willing to clone? A friend's birthday is next week and I want to give him a shiny Pokémon out of his favourites as part of a gift. If they've got good IVs and nature then it's a bonus, but that's not necessary. All I have to offer is junk though so hopefully that doesn't matter.

Can you give me the exact date of your friend birthday? Chinese New Year for the next 3 days, lots of visiting to do. I can give Shiny Aegislash a shot.

Firestorm

Who are some good Youtuber's that put up good VGC '14 gameplay? I'm wanting to watch some Pokemon gameplay this morning.

Also, offtopic, but holy shit at the Xbox One leak thread yesterday... I went from not even wanting an xbox one to definitely buying one this year because of the Halo War Bundle.
http://youtube.com/nuggetbridge
http://youtube.com/CybertronProduction
http://youtube.com/PokemanAcademy
http://youtube.com/pokemon for last year's Worlds
http://youtube.com/bearsfan092drums should be starting more stuff soon.

Whatever you do, don't watch Verlisfy or whatever his name is.

I think RaqibMarvelous, TheJustinFlynn, and Tiffyxy along with nuggetbridge and kickatAZ (Cybertron) would be useful to subscribe on Twitch as well. Oh and Pokemon of course.

Korosenai

http://youtube.com/nuggetbridge
http://youtube.com/CybertronProduction
http://youtube.com/PokemanAcademy
http://youtube.com/pokemon for last year's Worlds
http://youtube.com/bearsfan092drums should be starting more stuff soon.

Whatever you do, don't watch Verlisfy or whatever his name is.

I think RaqibMarvelous, TheJustinFlynn, and Tiffyxy along with nuggetbridge and kickatAZ (Cybertron) would be useful to subscribe on Twitch as well. Oh and Pokemon of course.
Thanks! I'm going to subscribe to them now and check some of their vids out.

Top Bottom