• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Boogiepop

Whoa, it's a Forretress. It's always somehow neat to get something that wasn't just blatantly caught in the wild/off of the reject pile, even if they do probably suck regardless.
Edit: And I just got a Magikarp named GETALIFE!. That's nice.

Kirlia

Banned
Someone is evil..how is that fun unless its the moxie thing. Its like how in brawl everyone taunted the whole match. If you tried to fight everyone will jump you

Oh, you think THAT'S bad? I know for a fact that there was at least one day last year where it was encouraged for everyone on Wonder Trade to make the status "Repel's effect wore off!" and trade Zubat. Woe betide the person who was unaware of that.

And on the matter of Wonder Trade nicknames, I think I got a Zigzagoon yesterday named "Pls kill me." Reminds me of when I found a male Combee in gen 5 and named it Tragic Bee.

Oh, you think THAT'S bad? I know for a fact that there was at least one day last year where it was encouraged for everyone on Wonder Trade to make the status "Repel's effect wore off!" and trade Zubat. Woe betide the person who was unaware of that.

And on the matter of Wonder Trade nicknames, I think I got a Zigzagoon yesterday named "Pls kill me." Reminds me of when I found a male Combee in gen 5 and named it Tragic Bee.
Thats horrible :( Im just turned off from wonder trade now

DaBoss

I never use Wonder Trade because they need to fix the issue (yes, I consider this an issue when 99% of WTs are shit) where people who you just WT with appear in the acquaintances list.
lol
The idea that many people have is "Trade shit to get good shit". Makes sense, but you're better off trading with people here.

Kirlia

Banned

It's still worth it to use Wonder Trade for PokeMiles, particularly when it's night here (meaning that more people in Japan are awake and Pokemon-ing it up). Also, I believe that people were encouraged to put good Pokemon on Wonder Trade on Christmas last year (like starters, Pokemon who were holding items, Pokemon with good IVs), so Wonder Trade isn't all bad.

The idea that many people have is "Trade shit to get good shit". Makes sense, but you're better off trading with people here.

Pretty much! Again, I usually only WT for PokeMiles now...

Boogiepop

Wonder Trade can be used for great good or great evil. I've gotten a ton of stuff with solid IVs off of it (and I try to feed some decent rejects back in), and there are people who do cool things like give out evolving stuff, which can help people fill in their dex. And then there are things like my friend going out, catching random crap, giving it an inappropriate name, and throwing it to the winds.

I think I'll personally take a break for now and come back later on in the night.

Edit: Wonder Trade also means I do a hell of a lot better in the ID lottery, which is nice. I actually have high hopes that I'll one day get a Master Ball out of the thing.

Boogiepop

Just got Terrible the Magikarp. I'm definitely stopping now, if only to stop having to decide between recycling these things and thus trolling others (even though I don't really want to) or releasing them.

L.O.R.D

Wonder Trade can be used for great good or great evil. I've gotten a ton of stuff with solid IVs off of it (and I try to feed some decent rejects back in), and there are people who do cool things like give out evolving stuff, which can help people fill in their dex. And then there are things like my friend going out, catching random crap, giving it an inappropriate name, and throwing it to the winds.

I think I'll personally take a break for now and come back later on in the night.

Edit: Wonder Trade also means I do a hell of a lot better in the ID lottery, which is nice. I actually have high hopes that I'll one day get a Master Ball out of the thing.

ah..that master ball, i think i will never win it any way,,,so i duplicate it
i have like 10 Master balls

Wonder Trade has been a mixed bag for me. I've recieved some great 5IV Pokémon off there but I've also recieved a fair share of crap. At least it gives you loads of PokéMiles!

Dandalf

Neo Member
Cloned the 6 IV Ditto I got from onslack a few weeks ago last night.

Now I plan to MM for both Hawlucha (up to 800 eggs now) and Honedge until both are shiny.

More than ever I want Bank to open so I can fill up my Dex in Y and get the shiny charm. This wait has gotten worse the longer we haven't had any information or word from Nintendo.

Hurry. Up. Nintendo.

L.O.R.D

I started reading it a bit skeptical but wow, this is not your typical pokémon comic, its good.

somw moment i imagined digimon theme ( first seasom jap ) in the background
especially when evolving in the right time or critical hit
or some kill la kill OST

JoeM86

No. These bits of maintenance happen every week or two. With Gen V, it was every Tuesday. Seems it has shifted to Monday night now.

Also, Bank is completely unrelated to X & Y other than extracting and implanting things from/into the X & Y save file as it runs its own servers. As such, there is no reason for X & Y maintenance to coincide with Bank's release.

Kirlia

Banned
No. These bits of maintenance happen every week or two. With Gen V, it was every Tuesday. Seems it has shifted to Monday night now.

Also, Bank is completely unrelated to X & Y other than extracting and implanting things from/into the X & Y save file as it runs its own servers. As such, there is no reason for X & Y maintenance to coincide with Bank's release.

(hisses with discontent at you, despite what you say probably being true)

ugoo18

How fast is Mamoswine?

Or better yet what kind of item + Mamoswine allows it to outspeed a scarfed Greninja.

Just had one without a choice scarf outspeed my scarfed Greninja.

Boogiepop

How fast is Mamoswine?

Or better yet what kind of item + Mamoswine allows it to outspeed a scarfed Greninja.

Just had one without a choice scarf outspeed my scarfed Greninja.

It seems to have a base speed of 80. You sure it wasn't using Ice Shard/TR wasn't up?

one_kill

Man, people are really immature. Just got a Haunter named Peenus from Wonder Trade.
Some happen to be kids you know so it makes sense you'll encounter such nicknames

I don't remember seeing any message about quick claw activating though.

Doesn't it usually say quick claw allowed it to go first or something like that?
Yeah it would show a message, but it's easy to miss if you're spamming A or just not paying attention. I usually miss it.
I'll input a move then look away, only to look back and be confused as to what happened.

Other than Quick Claw, I'm not sure what else it could be.

Alchemy

I don't remember seeing any message about quick claw activating though.

Doesn't it usually say quick claw allowed it to go first or something like that?

Have you EV trained your Greninja at all, are you running a positive speed nature or a negative one, was Trick Room up, and were both Pokemon the same level? Hell, even a max Speed Mamoswine at level 50 is only at 144, while a negative speed 0 IV/EV Greninja is 114 so it should still outspeed with Choice Scarf.

Maybe it was Tricked off?

ugoo18

Have you EV trained your Greninja at all, are you running a positive speed nature or a negative one, was Trick Room up, and were both Pokemon the same level? Hell, even a max Speed Mamoswine at level 50 is only at 144, while a negative speed 0 IV/EV Greninja is 114 so it should still outspeed with Choice Scarf.

Maybe it was Tricked off?

Timid Nature Greninja fully EV trained for Speed and SpA.

No trick room at all, everything was set at lvl 50. If not my Greninja is lvl 100 regardless.

Son Of D

Man, people are really immature. Just got a Haunter named Peenus from Wonder Trade.

I've lost count as to how many Snorlaxes named "Your mom" holding a burn heal or Jynx named "Nikki Minaj" I've got. You can get some creative ones though, I've had someone trade a Medicham called "PSY-Kick" which I thought was a neat little pun.

macklelol

Absolutely nothing at all.

That was the pokemon he led with.

Was this a passerby battle or a battle on Battle Spot? If it was a passerby battle, maybe you were facing a lv100 Mamoswine lol.

If not, I don't know.

EDIT: Guess it doesn't matter if it was level 100, if your Greninja was as well. Huh.

one_kill

I've lost count as to how many Snorlaxes named "Your mom" holding a burn heal or Jynx named "Nikki Minaj" I've got. You can get some creative ones though, I've had someone trade a Medicham called "PSY-Kick" which I thought was a neat little pun.
Awesome haha

Was this a passerby battle or a battle on Battle Spot? If it was a passerby battle, maybe you were facing a lv100 Mamoswine lol.

If not, I don't know.
Oh yeah, a 'No Restrictions' battle. Some cheap ass opportunists try to do that. If you're not paying attention, you end up fighting level 100s with your level 50s lol

I still think it was Quick Claw.

ugoo18

If not, I don't know.

Passerby battle and my Greninja is lvl 100 so it should still outspeed a lvl 100 Mamoswine easily especially with a choice scarf.

RoySFNR

I laughed harder at this than I'm supposed to..

ugoo18

Awesome haha

Oh yeah, a 'No Restrictions' battle. Some cheap ass opportunists try to do that. If you're not paying attention, you end up fighting level 100s with your level 50s lol

I still think it was Quick Claw.

I really wish my VS recorder wasn't full, i don't remember that message appearing at all but i want to replay that match to see if the quick claw message did pop up.

I think i'll clear out my VS recorder now.

Alchemy

I really wish my VS recorder wasn't full, i don't remember that message appearing at all but i want to replay that match to see if the quick claw message did pop up.

I think i'll clear out my VS recorder now.

Quick Claw should have a little animation at the start of the round, something that looks like Leftovers recovery. Not sure if there is a message though.

ugoo18

Quick Claw should have a little animation at the start of the round, something that looks like Leftovers recovery. Not sure if there is a message though.

My memory of quick claw is from the few times i've seen it used in the Battle Maison and past gens.

Boogiepop

Quick Claw is one of those items I always just slap on something for my in-game team when I've already got my Amulet Coin (and Lucky Egg where applicable) used up. It is fun to see Tyrantum jump ahead of a fast opponent using it. But yeah, definitely not for competitive use, though I could definitely see randoms using it.

Edit: I seem to be consistently getting PP Max out of the lotto now, which is awesome! Master Ball no longer feels like an unreachable goal! Also, I learned through checking Bulbapedia that Pokemon in the Daycare aren't checked, and that you can keep playing till you win a prize for the day. Interesting.

Top Bottom