• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

backlot

No Bank? I thought there was an eShop update on Thursday. Or is that Thursday night?

I just want my Pokebros back :(

There was an eShop update today. I wouldn't expect Bank to ever be part of one though. They'll release it when they want to release it.

Nekki

What level should I evolve Sneasel into Weavile?? Hmm.

Speaking of which, I have a couple spare 4-5 IV Sneasel if anybody wants them. Varying natures, some of them are Jolly/Adamant.

one_kill

Speaking of which, I have a couple spare 4-5 IV Sneasel if anybody wants them. Varying natures, some of them are Jolly/Adamant.
Evolve when you've got the moves you want

Whats up with cloning pokemon whats that process? Some guy asked to clone my shiny toto on twitter.. sounds janky as all hell. Why do people do this..??
The process involves two 3DS systems and trading. It's not easy and it's mostly up to luck whether it works.
If you want something cloned, maybe something could be arranged with one of the cloners here. Otherwise, don't trust others unless you get collateral. Even then it's still risky.

Nekki

The process involves two 3DS systems and trading. It's not easy and it's mostly up to luck whether it works.
If you want something cloned, maybe something could be arranged with one of the cloners here. Otherwise, don't trust others unless you get collateral. Even then it's still risky.

There aren't really any moves I want from leveling up, lol.

Tiamant

Triple battle against a pure steel team that uses lead Klefki to rain dance (clever guy)

I'm down to Whimsicott against Dialga, a leeched Metagross and an encored sucker punch MegaMawile.

Metagross uses explosion killing Dialga and severely hurting Mawile aaaand... Whimsicott evades. BRIGHT POWDER SUCKAH!

PK Gaming

It's funny how Charizard went from being of the worst Pokemon in the game to one of the best

It's like physical manifestation of the American Dream

DaBoss

Yeah, man. No reason not to. My Gliscor was level 2 when it evolved.
Level 50, always. There is no reason to evolve it before then due to the fact that getting to level 50 with an unevolved Pokemon is faster than an evolved Pokemon.

Level 50, always. There is no reason to evolve it before then due to the fact that getting to level 50 with an unevolved Pokemon is faster than an evolved Pokemon.
I'm not sure what Pokemon that's true for, but Gliscor/Gligar and Sneasel/Weavile all have the same exp growth rate.

DaBoss

I'm not sure what Pokemon that's true for, but Gliscor/Gligar and Sneasel/Weavile all have the same exp growth rate.
Whelp, I think I'm spreading a misconception lol.

I never checked this stuff and only assumed it lol.

Only benefit to not evolving is pre-evo moves I guess.

Quest1

It's funny how Charizard went from being of the worst Pokemon in the game to one of the best

I lost 80 pounds in the last year and a half, and my luck with girls has increased dramatically over that time. I only say this because I completely feel like Charizard hahaha. "Back then, they didn't want me..."

On another note, i played a doubles match last night with No guard machamp and Charizard Y and no guard machamp is one if the funnest DEFENSIVE doubles pkmn. Quick and wide guard with good predictions is so fun!

Oh I was just asking, in my eyes its as much cheating as action reply

Wichu

After spot checking dozen or so evolutionary lines, I don't see any where this is true. Do you have an example?

Unevolved Pokémon start to gain bonus exp after their evolution level (something like 20% extra, I think). It has nothing to do with growth rates.

macklelol

Unevolved Pokémon start to gain bonus exp after their evolution level (something like 20% extra, I think). It has nothing to do with growth rates.

Is there a source for this info? While it would be neat if it was true, I can't find anything about unevolved Pokemon getting an EXP boost past their evolution level.

I guess I could just try it out for myself.

EDIT: Yeah, unevolved Pokemon do get boosted EXP.

I'm planning on breeding a Malamar to go with my Sticky Web support Galvantula, but am not quite sure what to go for Nature and EV-wise.

Would I lose out on out speeding a few dangerous Pokémon if I go for Adamant. Should I focus completely on HP and Attack (I'll probably go with an Assault Vest for the item), or go for some extra speed to beat the things that are still faster through Sticky Web?

Nekki

So, two pokemon that were evolved at lvl 20 and 40 respectively, with equal IV's, Nature and EV's would have the same stats then??

Interesting.

OMG Aero

I don't suppose anyone could help me evolve a Scyther by trading it back and forth?
I want to try out Mega Scizor and trade evolutions are dumb.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

He really is great these days, especially the Y mega in doubles. Change the weather and super effective hits on the types you're weak too? Yes please!

Korosenai

He really is great these days, especially the Y mega in doubles. Change the weather and super effective hits on the types you're weak too? Yes please!

I've actually found a pretty consistent counter to Charizard Y in doubles. Really out of the 40+ times i've faced it in doubles on Showdown, it's maybe killed the pokemon I counter it with about 5 times.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I've actually found a pretty consistent counter to Charizard Y in doubles. Really out of the 40+ times i've faced it in doubles on Showdown, it's maybe killed the pokemon I counter it with about 5 times.

What are you using?

Korosenai

I don't think you can really call Mega Pinsir a counter to Mega Charizard Y. Can it even survive a Heatwave?

The point is Charizard Y isn't fast enough to get one off. Charizard Y doesn't really stand a chance at all against Pinsir once it mega evolves.

backlot

The point is Charizard Y isn't fast enough to get one off. Charizard Y doesn't really stand a chance at all against Pinsir once it mega evolves.

It's not really a counter if you can't switch it in though. What if you don't already have Pinsir out when the opponent sends out Charizard?

Korosenai

It's not really a counter if you can't switch it in though. What if you don't already have Pinsir out when the opponent sends out Charizard?

I do have other Pokemon that can help deal with it, but all i'm saying is, using my strategy on Showdown, very few Charizard Y's have beat me out of the many i've faced... That's why I call it a counter, even though it really isn't a counter in the sense that it can switch in on Zard.

Kirlia

Banned
I do have other Pokemon that can help deal with it, but all i'm saying is, using my strategy on Showdown, very few Charizard Y's have beat me out of the many i've faced.

Dude, have I given you a Snivy yet? If not, I will be online in 30 minutes or so.

Top Bottom