• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Saw someone point this out on /vp/, but Pokemon Bank is in the Future Releases area of the eshop in front of Bravely Default, which launches Feb 7th. From what it looks like, games are listed there in order of their intended release date.

okrJtAX.jpg

Now obviously its not confirmed, but it's just a little glimmer of hope lol. And it keeps me speculating so I wanted to share.

Gvaz

Banned
Saw someone point this out on /vp/, but Pokemon Bank is in the Future Releases area of the eshop in front of Bravely Default, which launches Feb 7th. From what it looks like, games are listed there in order of their intended release date.

okrJtAX.jpg

Now obviously its not confirmed, but it's just a little glimmer of hope lol. And it keeps me speculating so I wanted to share.

Another week of waiting at least? come on. It takes over a month to fix their shit serverside to sustain US/EU amounts of people?

I just ended up caving and paying $5 for the Bank for the year on my JP 3DS. Hopefully it gets released internationally sooner rather than later.

SeZMehK

Trying to find a female vigoroth >.>

I caught a darumaka and vigoroth. I forgot misdreavus is only in white and not in b2. >.>

DaBoss

I hate it when the internet acts up when I'm in Rating Battles. It makes it look like I DC'd on purpose, even if it seems like I'm winning lol.

CrimsonN0

Crimson, why must your Pokemon be so bulky
uh58302,1259770105,Smiley_ShakeFist.gif

GG's though, your team is pretty awesome.

Yeah, GG.
They are pretty bulky, though, I think I still had Reflect up in the 2nd game.
Might've been better to hope Rock Slide would flinch again.

Its actually one of my Singles teams and the one that I got 50 Super Singles wins in the Battle Maison, but it works pretty well in Doubles too.
Too bad Dragonite is the only eligible pokemon in it for the GAF tourney, though.

It's funny how Charizard went from being of the worst Pokemon in the game to one of the best

It's like physical manifestation of the American Dream
The bizarre thing is that we got two really, really good Fire/Flying types and yet Stealth Rock is still strong (even with Defog everywhere and Excadrill being the premier spinner)

Korosenai

Yeah, GG.
They are pretty bulky, though, I think I still had Reflect up in the 2nd game.
Might've been better to hope Rock Slide would flinch again.

Its actually one of my Singles teams and the one that I got 50 Super Singles wins in the Battle Maison, but it works pretty well in Doubles too.
Too bad Dragonite is the only eligible pokemon in it for the GAF tourney, though.

I forgot you put a reflect up... that's probably what it was. Yeah, I got super lucky with that first flinch, didn't think it would happen again and it barely did any damage to Typhlosion, so I figured i'd just try something else out.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The bizarre thing is that we got two really, really good Fire/Flying types and yet Stealth Rock is still strong (even with Defog everywhere and Excadrill being the premier spinner)

Stealth Rock is always going to rule over singles, I saw a singles fight that was mostly over trying to control who was able to keep it up. It was like 15-20 turns of just rocks and spins. Which is why I play doubles now.

CrimsonN0

Stealth Rock is always going to rule over singles, I saw a singles fight that was mostly over trying to control who was able to keep it up. It was like 15-20 turns of just rocks and spins. Which is why I play doubles now.

Thats pretty crazy.
I remember a battle I had with my mono-Bug team where 2 layers of Spikes and Stealth Rock were put up, so my pokemon pretty much auto died when sent out.
Though, I did get a Sticky Web down which allowed my last pokeon, MegaHeracross to tear through their entire team.
I guess I should just be glad they didn't have Talonflame.

spiritfox

Stealth Rock needs more layers like Spikes to make it less prevalent and powerful. Right now, it does too much damage for 1 layer, and hits flyers unlike the rest of the hazards.

Firestorm

6v6*

It's not very powerful in 3v3 and there are way better things to do on a turn of doubles which is why I doubt Game Freak will ever really look at it.

Alchemy

Stealth Rock needs more layers like Spikes to make it less prevalent and powerful. Right now, it does too much damage for 1 layer, and hits flyers unlike the rest of the hazards.

I think the biggest problem is the Super Effective damage. Having an entry hazard that hits flying types is fine, useful for breaking sashes and general chip damage. But 25%/50% damage on switch in is bogus.

PK Gaming

Defog hurt SR pretty badly.

It's pretty much impossible to stop something like Mandibuzz from using Defog.

Quest1

The pebbles are definitely still good in singles, especially now that there's more Charizard usage and talonflames flying around, two pkmn which I freaking love. Usually, since I don't care for most pkmn that run Defog or spin, I try to just play around them, but it's kinda hard. If only latias got Defog from some kind of tutor this gen.

Also, was playing a random triple battle and it's kinda fun too. Wide guard/quick guard machamp likes that environment more than doubles even and lol at middle position DV smeargle putting entire sides to sleep.

Top Bottom