• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

one_kill

Lucario confirmed for the new Smash Bros. game. Nice.
I hope the next Smash will have some degree of Pokemon logic.

Say, for example, if Jigglypuff was in the next Smash and Lucario was fighting against it, any fighting moves will do 50%.

Or if Charizard was back and does 2x the damage if it uses Flamethrower on Lucario.

:p

It's my birthday today, guys. I think I'm gonna go to a shop downtown that sells Pokémon stuff and see if they have anything good with which to treat myself :D

one_kill

It's my birthday today, guys. I think I'm gonna go to a shop downtown that sells Pokémon stuff and see if they have anything good with which to treat myself :D
Happy Birthday dude!

I haven't bought any Pokemon merchandise lately. The last one I got was a Keldeo figure that came with a Master Ball. I only wanted the Master Ball because I planned to use it to propose to my then girlfriend. I got the idea off someone who used it in conjunction with "I choose you"... but I was more serious about it with regards to mechanic. In my mind, I was thinking, "Master Ball catch rate is 100%, therefore you've got no choice but to be with me forever."

...but yeah, she wouldn't have gotten it so I didn't. If only she was a Pokemon fan!

MJJlZKz.jpg

Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday dude!

I haven't bought any Pokemon merchandise lately. The last one I got was a Keldeo figure that came with a Master Ball. I only wanted the Master Ball because I planned to use it to propose to my then girlfriend. I got the idea off someone who used it in conjunction with "I choose you"... but I was more serious about it with regards to mechanic. In my mind, I was thinking, "Master Ball catch rate is 100%, therefore you've got no choice but to be with me forever."

...but yeah, she wouldn't have gotten it so I didn't. If only she was a Pokemon fan!

Thanks, dude! That idea sounds hilarious, by the way ^_^

MJJlZKz.jpg

Happy Birthday!

Man, as much as I'd love a cake like that, it wouldn't last long enough around me for anyone to appreciate its majesty.

Thanks for the kind wishes, Professor.

Happy birthday Pokébro! I hope it's awesome!

Oh crap! I just finished Lé Wow and in my distracted B button pressing, I declined giving a tip! WHAT HAVE I DONE?!?!!!?!

From one Scrafty fan to another. Happy Birthday!

Oh crap! I just finished Lé Wow and in my distracted B button pressing, I declined giving a tip! WHAT HAVE I DONE?!?!!!?!

Next time you go into Lé Wow
your chair will be slightly off balence.

I'm looking to trade for English named Jirachi & Keldeo.

I don't care about their IV or if they are shiny or not.

What I have

6IV Modest Celebi (English named)
6IV Timid Shiny Latios (Japanese named)
6IV Jolly Larvitar with Stealth Rock (I can nick name it if you want)
Tyranitarnite (not included with Larvitar unless you really insist >.>)

PM me if interested. I'm on GAF throughout the day and come and check this thread only a couple times a day.

This is pretty much the funniest comeback I've ever seen.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randombattle-83078290

Never underestimate the power of a ferret!

Ha, that's great. Happy Birthday.
That Pokemon Showdown seems pretty fun; just had a match using my in game team but using the recommended stat spreads. I got destroyed, but it was fun.

Quick question, does Weakness Policy trigger Unburden after it's used?

How rare is Genesect? I just went on a Bulbapedia spree reading about him and he seems pretty cool. I don't have much to offer on GTS so I'm hoping someone on PokeGAF has a clone or something.

Korosenai

Since Lucario was just announced for Smash Bros., I think i'm finally going to breed it in Pokemon Y. I think i'm going to make two of them though, one Jolly and one Timid.

backlot

I hope the next Smash will have some degree of Pokemon logic.

Say, for example, if Jigglypuff was in the next Smash and Lucario was fighting against it, any fighting moves will do 50%.

Or if Charizard was back and does 2x the damage if it uses Flamethrower on Lucario.

:p
Jigglypuff takes neutral damage from fighting moves. Just sayin.

How rare is Genesect? I just went on a Bulbapedia spree reading about him and he seems pretty cool. I don't have much to offer on GTS so I'm hoping someone on PokeGAF has a clone or something.
Its an event Pokemon so you can't get it on GTS ibn any case (you can ask for it but Genesect can't be uploaded so you'll join the graveyard on GTS along with people asking for Arceus, Hoopna and level 1-10 Chariazard).

MicH

I have no idea what I want to breed next. I have so many gifted breeding rejects and I don't know where to start.

Actually, I might make a Nidoking or Nidoqueen. And I might even try to Masuda one (really want shiny Nidoking, but I am a little afraid of getting a Nidoqueen instead as it looks awful as a shiny).

Its an event Pokemon so you can't get it on GTS ibn any case (you can ask for it but Genesect can't be uploaded so you'll join the graveyard on GTS along with people asking for Arceus, Hoopna and level 1-10 Chariazard).

What's the deal with level 1-10 Charizard?

Does that mean it's safe to assume Genesect can't be found anywhere at all - except for people who managed to get bank access?

Wichu

Does that mean it's safe to assume Genesect can't be found anywhere at all - except for people who managed to get bank access?

Pretty much. It can still be traded normally, just not via GTS; I got mine from a random passerby for a hacked shiny Mew.

I can't clone since I only have one copy of the game, but if any cloners want to make a few copies and start passing it around, then PM me (I'd quite like a second copy myself) ;)

Pretty much. It can still be traded normally, just not via GTS; I got mine from a random passerby for a hacked shiny Mew.

I can't clone since I only have one copy of the game, but if any cloners want to make a few copies and start passing it around, then PM me (I'd quite like a second copy myself) ;)

Oh man, that would be awesome! I'm on a Genesect kick right now. Any cloners want to help us out?

Wichu

Normally I don't like to trade clones of my Pokémon (feels good using team members nobody else has), but since I got this in a trade and it was certainly cloned already, my reasoning doesn't apply here :p

Normally I don't like to trade clones of my Pokémon (feels good using team members nobody else has), but since I got this in a trade and it was certainly cloned already, my reasoning doesn't apply here :p

I hear ya. Would love to get one if you manage to get a couple from Onslack. I don't have much to trade, but could try to give you something you need.

The pebbles are definitely still good in singles, especially now that there's more Charizard usage and talonflames flying around, two pkmn which I freaking love. Usually, since I don't care for most pkmn that run Defog or spin, I try to just play around them, but it's kinda hard. If only latias got Defog from some kind of tutor this gen.

Also, was playing a random triple battle and it's kinda fun too. Wide guard/quick guard machamp likes that environment more than doubles even and lol at middle position DV smeargle putting entire sides to sleep.

Last gen GF banned dark void. And after it gets spammed in VGC, they will probably do it again.

I think wide guard should be able to block it like it does all the other multi-targeting moves, that's my only beef with it.

Quest1

Last gen GF banned dark void. And after it gets spammed in VGC, they will probably do it again.

I think wide guard should be able to block it like it does all the other multi-targeting moves, that's my only beef with it.

Per reports on the first circuit, it hasn't placed too well in Masters yet, but I don't mind them banning it. I use it sometimes because it's cheap and stupid and on my end kinda fun to control an entire match, but I've lost more matches than won using it because it's so unpredictable. I could get long sleeps and murder the other side, or short sleeps and Smeargle gets blasted and i start the match at a disadvantage, and good players know exactly how to beat it. Sometimes I just bring it to scare people in team preview and leave it completely haha. There's already so many random factors, and DV adds more, so when I really want to win, I play it safe and leave it at home.

And wide guard doesn't stop it? It should, but I never tested it.

MicH

Perfect 31/x/31/31/31/31 Timid Hustle Nidoran (male) in the very first batch. Yes!

Working on a perfect female so I can start Masudaing

Perfect 31/x/31/31/31/31 Timid Hustle Nidoran (male) in the very first batch. Yes!

Working on a perfect female so I can start Masudaing
I have one if you want it.

Also, is anyone up for some friendly Doubles or Multis? I want to test a few guys out.

Top Bottom