• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Wichu

I can't think of a single reason that they would release Pokemon Bank in Europe, Australia and New Zealand but not the US...
I'm very annoyed.

They don't want to overload their servers by releasing it everywhere at once again? By the time Bank comes out in the US, activity will have died down in Europe.

Alchemy

They don't want to overload their servers by releasing it everywhere at once again? By the time Bank comes out in the US, activity will have died down in Europe.

US wasn't even involved in the first overload! You all ruined it for us :(

Does anybody have a non-English Hidden Ability Pokemon from the Goomy line that they could trade with me for Masuda Method purposes?
I don't have anything whatsoever valuable to trade, only in game stuff and access to a Helioptile and Emolga friend safari.

MicH

US wasn't even involved in the first overload! You all ruined it for us :(
Damn those Japanese going all crazy for Pokemon Bank!

I got my 30 IV Ditto (every stat is a 30 IV one) as well. This is gonna make HP breeding so much easier!

Very happy I finally got Bank, but god damn these apps are terrible! What the hell!

Muzy72

Banned
Is it worth doing that Game Sync thing with the Global Link? I hear it takes longer to save if you do so. What's the benefit of using it?

Is it worth doing that Game Sync thing with the Global Link? I hear it takes longer to save if you do so. What's the benefit of using it?
There's a setting you can disable so it doesn't attempt Game Sync every time you save. And yes, the PGL is worth using. My PokeMiles earned me hundreds of useful evolutionary items and stones.

Son Of D

Got Bank downloaded, now to transfer my abundance of shinies and legendaries from Gen 5. I get the Celebi automatically correct?

MicH

Got Bank downloaded, now to transfer my abundance of shinies and legendaries from Gen 5. I get the Celebi automatically correct?
Brigette, or whatever her name is, will let you know. You get some Pokemiles or BP (whatever you choose) first though, so I think you have to claim those first.

Does anyone know how to "change" the box you transfer? The Transporter tool is stuck in my shiny box so I have to move every Pokemon I want to transfer to that box which is stupid. Please tell me you can switch it so I can just go to the box I want to transfer.

Brigette, or whatever her name is, will let you know. You get some Pokemiles or BP (whatever you choose) first though, so I think you have to claim those first.

Does anyone know how to "change" the box you transfer? The Transporter tool is stuck in my shiny box so I have to move every Pokemon I want to transfer to that box which is stupid. Please tell me you can switch it so I can just go to the box I want to transfer.

You can only transfer Box 1.

DaBoss

If you're playing the (superior) Black 2/White 2, you can tap the yellow icon top move many Pokemon at the same time like in X/Y.

MicH

If you're playing the (superior) Black 2/White 2, you can tap the yellow icon top move many Pokemon at the same time like in X/Y.
I have everything in my White (1) game, and apparently no such feature had been invented when those games were released. Annoying

JoeM86

Been testing out a new Doubles strategy today. This one's a bit gimmicky as mine usually are. Has anyone else thought of this one?

Pokémon:
Gourgeist (Small Size)
Lucario @ Lucarionite

Gourgeist uses Trick-or-Treat on Mega Lucario

Mega Lucario is now a Fighting/Steel/Ghost-type meaning its weaknesses/resistances are:

Normal: 0
Fire: 2
Water: 1
Electric: 1
Grass: 0.5
Ice: 0.5
Fighting: 0
Poison: 0
Ground: 2
Flying: 1
Psychic: 1
Bug: 0.125
Rock: 0.25
Ghost: 2
Dragon: 0.5
Dark: 1
Steel: 0.5
Fairy: 1

It does give it a Ghost weakness and Dark resistance, but it increases its resistances in Bug (Have to actually test if it gets it down to 0.125), plus gives it Normal & Fighting immunities. However, that's not the cool bit. Lucario gets Ghost-type STAB now, and it has Shadow Claw and Shadow Ball at its disposal, and thanks to Adaptibility, the STAB is increased to *2.

Plus, it allows for Gourgeist to go out ceremoniously with an Explosion that does nothing on Lucario, though it won't be too powerful due to it being a Small Gourgeist, but I chose that for the Speed.

Not one of my best doubles one, compared to Protean Slaking and Malamar/Noivern, but I think this one has a use. It definitely did a couple of good things in the Maison.

Alchemy

All my trained Pokemon (and things I still need to train) are in White 2, but my Pokedex is on Black 1... bleh.

KiraFA37

Just noticed I had the nature thing all wrong, I thought red indicated a decrease in stat and blue an increase, apparently it is the opposite. Good news is only 5 of the pokemon I had used to clear the game are screwed, rest had neutral natures and I'm only starting to breed for perfection so no time has been wasted yet.

JoeM86

Oh man, reading some other forums and people are going apeshit over EU getting Bank first. It's both funny and sad.

The racism (yes, racism) and sheer idiocy I have seen about Bank the last 2 months has been horrific. It has disgusted me somewhat.

They're staggering release of Bank so it doesn't kill the servers again. I don't get why people don't get that.

Gvaz

Banned
ibCoAZyPgDhv0.gif

Now to wait to get it in america. *sigh*

Why the hell do people expect Nintendo of America to release a service-based product in the middle of THR night when nobody is in the office ?

Middle of what? It's almost 4pm on a tuesday.

Alchemy

The racism (yes, racism) and sheer idiocy I have seen about Bank the last 2 months has been horrific. It has disgusted me somewhat.

They're staggering release of Bank so it doesn't kill the servers again. I don't get why people don't get that.

I'm pretty sure most people understand that, they're just annoyed at not having Bank while others get it. I know I've been dying for Bank ever since I finished Y, and Bank has been released numerous times just not in the region I live in. It is completely understandable, just horribly annoying.

Soodanim

Where do you go to pick up your free BP? I was at the Maison when I loaded my game, and I still had 7, so I know it didn't automatically add them into my game.

Soodanim

Before you load your save file on the main menu, choose "Global Link"

Excellent, thanks.

Now to start the unnecessarily long process of...
Put in Transfer, put Black in, Box 1, open Bank, put the transfer box into a Bank box, switch to Black, put a whole box worth into Box 1, and repeat ad nauseam.

Good job, devs. Good job. I really don't know why it couldn't have been one piece of software that handled Bank and the transfer process.

Soodanim

Oh, this is fucking wonderful. my 3DS XL has decided to stop reading Black. It reads White, but that means if I can't get it working I'll have to transfer over everything I want into White. Cunt.

Edit: luckily, pushing the game in at a slight angle seems to help. Phew.

Firestorm

Been testing out a new Doubles strategy today. This one's a bit gimmicky as mine usually are. Has anyone else thought of this one?

Pokémon:
Gourgeist (Small Size)
Lucario @ Lucarionite

Gourgeist uses Trick-or-Treat on Mega Lucario

Mega Lucario is now a Fighting/Steel/Ghost-type meaning
Better to use Tyranitar in conjunction with Gourgeist. This gives you the ability to ToT Tyranitar to avoid fighting type attacks or use ToT on opponents to make Crunch super-effective. My friend was using it for that on a Trick Room oriented team around October or November and was having a good deal of fun and success with it. Also probably want it to be Super Sized.
I can't think of a single reason that they would release Pokemon Bank in Europe, Australia and New Zealand but not the US...
I'm very annoyed.
I actually can't tell if this is sarcasm or not.

Neo Child

Banned
uh cant get pokemon bank working

keeps saying cant detect pokemon x or y saved data

ive way past elite 4 and stuff also updated to latest version still wont work )):

managed to poketransport pokemon tho on the other app

JoeM86

Better to use Tyranitar in conjunction with Gourgeist. This gives you the ability to ToT Tyranitar to avoid fighting type attacks or use ToT on opponents to make Crunch super-effective. My friend was using it for that on a Trick Room oriented team around October or November and was having a good deal of fun and success with it. Also probably want it to be Super Sized.

Oh that's an interesting strategy too. Making Crunch SE with each hit is great, and removing its *4 weakness is very useful. Though does it need to be in TR? Trick Room is a bit risky due to setup. I guess the strategy could work with a faster Gourgeist without TR, could it not?

Though I do like the idea of giving Mega Lucario another STAB move. It'd be hard to find something that resists a set focusing on that.

HMs aren't blocked here

KiraFA37

Somebody just wondertraded me a level 8 Japanese Purrloin in a master ball, it is shiny. I mean, damn, it is one of the few gen 6 pokemon I like and its shiny.

Dandalf

Neo Member
The fact that people in America are upset about Bank being released first in other places is ridiculous.

I'm in America, and my thoughts are that the service Nintendo will eventually offer for SUCH a low cost annually, and even free to start, is well worth waiting a bit.

It sucks that they botched the release and haven't given a solid explanation of the roll out plan, but we can't change that. Eventually it'll be out for everyone - I'd wager a guess within two weeks in the US. They'll see a ton of action in EU in the next few days, that demand will calm down, and they'll roll it out to the US.

It's a simple server strategy, and it'll work here, too. Allow a small set of users in to get all their activity completed, and then allow another set of users to complete their activity. I'd even guess that Nintendo hasn't actually fixed anything, but rather are rolling out with the same amount of servers as they had when they launched.

Staggering the release allows everyone to have a good experience because the entire world won't be crashing it at once.

We're right on the edge of it being released in the US.

Not one of my best doubles one, compared to Protean Slaking and Malamar/Noivern, but I think this one has a use. It definitely did a couple of good things in the Maison.
=O
How did you manage that?

Better to use Tyranitar in conjunction with Gourgeist. This gives you the ability to ToT Tyranitar to avoid fighting type attacks or use ToT on opponents to make Crunch super-effective. My friend was using it for that on a Trick Room oriented team around October or November and was having a good deal of fun and success with it. Also probably want it to be Super Sized.I actually can't tell if this is sarcasm or not.
Dang, that's pretty nice! I may need to try this out.

DaBoss

I'm more annoyed by the fact they haven't said an estimate or something of when Pokemon Bank can come out in the Americas. I think now that Europe and Australia have gotten the Bank, they would be able to give a more accurate estimate than before.

JoeM86

I'm more annoyed by the fact they haven't said an estimate or something of when Pokemon Bank can come out in the Americas. I think now that Europe and Australia have gotten the Bank, they would be able to give a more accurate estimate than before.

But what if the server increase from Europe and Australasia is bigger than they thought so they had to wait longer for it to calm down for release? Better to be ambiguous than to set a date that then has to be broken.

ugoo18

Transferred over some of my previous legends. Out of the ones so far only 3 have had any perfect IVs lol.

My Ho-Oh, Rayquaza and Kyogre from Heartgold all had at least 1 perfect IV.

Dandalf

Neo Member

They have to gauge the amount of incoming activity and let it get past a certain threshold.

Think of it like this: there's a scale of 1-10 on whether something will crash. When Bank first launched it was at a 10, so it failed. Let's say there was a 3 in America, 3 in Japan, 3 in Europe and 1 everywhere else in the world, totaling 10.

Rolling out to different regions separately allows these numbers to stay low, and the servers to actually stay up. When they launched in Japan servers went from 0 (because it was shut down) to 3, because everyone in Japan was using their servers, so activity was high. Over time that number went from 3 to 2, and 2 to 1.

Now that the action in Japan has subsided because most people have used Bank, Japan now comes in at a 1 instead of a 3.

This allows the 3 from Europe access, and the total is now 4.

Once Europe comes down and the numbers are at a steady 3 or 4 (1 from Japan, 1 from Europe, 1 from Australia) they can roll out to the US to allow users in the other regions to still have access while taking on our 3+ number.

Nintendo doesn't want another 10 on their servers - if they have to close down Bank again could you imagine the outrage at that rather than making people wait a bit for a steady experience?

It's coming soon!

JoeM86

Kecleon is so slow though. Do you use a Focus Sash to help him survive that first round?

That's the idea. Though if the opponent is smart, he'll try and take out Kecleon with both, which could be detrimental.

As I said, my sets are typically gimmicky. When they work, they're amazing, but they require all the dominoes to fall in place.

I find it more fun to play like this, to be honest. I could go with the standard sets that people use in competitions, but na. I like to live a little.

ugoo18

Any tips on what tutor moves i should teach Dratini, Volcarona, Galvantula, Gyarados and Haxorus before transferring them?

Better to use Tyranitar in conjunction with Gourgeist. This gives you the ability to ToT Tyranitar to avoid fighting type attacks or use ToT on opponents to make Crunch super-effective. My friend was using it for that on a Trick Room oriented team around October or November and was having a good deal of fun and success with it. Also probably want it to be Super Sized.I actually can't tell if this is sarcasm or not.

I posted that literally right when I woke up so I wasn't really thinking. I fully understand now that I am actually awake enough to think about it. I'm still annoyed but not like when I had just woken up.

DaBoss

Dandalf, that's what I mean by being able to give an estimate. They have some knowledge of the demand in Japan. It would likely be a bit larger in Europe and Australia.
But what if the server increase from Europe and Australasia is bigger than they thought so they had to wait longer for it to calm down for release? Better to be ambiguous than to set a date that then has to be broken.
That's what annoys me even more. It's obvious they are releasing it in different regions 1 by 1 so the load won't be so heavy. They can easily explain that to everyone and most people would definitely understand, but the silence is what is causing people to feel frustrated.

Top Bottom