• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Quest1

Sure, we can do a few more. This will probably be the last set, though, getting a bit tired. Gonna use one of my other teams. Just send me a request once you're ready.

Crawdaunt's damage is so silly.

I have no idea how to deal with your threats haha. Awesome first game tho.

macklelol

I'm not sure why I even bothered with Toxic Spikes when majority of your team doesn't give a crap about it lol.

Is your Genesect not running Thunderbolt or Flamethrower?

Quest1

I'm not sure why I even bothered with Toxic Spikes when majority of your team doesn't give a crap about it lol.

Is your Genesect not running Thunderbolt or Flamethrower?

No tbolt on genesect :( But it will now hahaha. Great games tho, funnest sets I've had with anyone on GAF. Whenever you wanna practice, let me know.

Also, no US Bank? :(
Nintendo plz...

macklelol

Can a male HA Ralts pass down HA when bred with female Ralts?

No, males can only pass down their HA with a Ditto.

No tbolt on genesect :( But it will now hahaha. Great games tho, funnest sets I've had with anyone on GAF. Whenever you wanna practice, let me know.

GGs! Thanks for the fun games.

I'm hoping when I wake up, Bank will be here in America. But I have a feeling I'll just end up disappointed.

one_kill

Transferring Pokemon is going to take some time
Go to Transporter, upload Pokemon in Box 1, load game, move Pokemon to Box 1, save, repeat

blamite

So another month or so before Bank gets to the US?

Cool, I guess now I can start bringing all over my dudes from Emerald up to Pearl, get Regigigas, then put all my Pearl and HeartGold guys onto White and by the time I'm a third of the way done Bank should only have been out for a month or two.

Congrats, EuroGAF, on Pokemon Bank. I can wait a little longer...maybe...
I'm not so patient. I need to transfer my living partial Dex like now. I have 12 spaces in my game. 12. That includes PC and party. I can't catch or hatch crap and can't bring myself to release/WT all 30 of these 5IV, 4 egg move squirtles and tyrunts yet. It's really the only reason I haven't begun/finished breeding Abra, Pancham and Magnemite for my team.

Robin64

Just tried it again... I can't transfer it :(
What a bummer!

A whole heap of other legendaries aren't transferrable too.

What, really? Like what? This sucks if that's the case! Unobtainable legendaries are like the main thing to bring over!

one_kill

What, really? Like what? This sucks if that's the case! Unobtainable legendaries are like the main thing to bring over!
I was able to transfer Jirachi, Celebi, Manaphy, and Deoxys. One of my Darkrais is transferrable. I wanted all four though lol

Some of the legendaries I got way back are hacked though so it's to be expected that they can't be transferred I guess

Also just got my Celebi. It's cool your ID is used. My Celebi is Careful. I'll check its IVs later after I finish transferring some more Pokemon

one_kill

Impressions!

PokeTransporter is pretty easy to use. Just have your BW/B2W2 cart and load the app. The only thing that sucks is that PokeBank only has one Transport Box which only uploads Pokemon in the first box of your game.

PokeBank is archaic. It took me my second try to realise you have to press the Start button to change how you want to transfer Pokemon (you know the single transfer, swap, and box icons at the top of each box?).

It's quite time consuming if you want to transfer a lot of Pokemon. There's a lot of opening and closing.

Muku

Impressions!

PokeTransporter is pretty easy to use. Just have your BW/B2W2 cart and load the app. The only thing that sucks is that PokeBank only has one Transport Box which only uploads Pokemon in the first box of your game.

PokeBank is archaic. It took me my second try to realise you have to press the Start button to change how you want to transfer Pokemon (you know the single transfer, swap, and box icons at the top of each box?).

It's quite time consuming if you want to transfer a lot of Pokemon. There's a lot of opening and closing.

I'm prepared for an afternoon/evening's worth of transferring when Nintendo decides to like us. On a side note, I don't get why it's time consuming? I thought it was a box at a time?

Edit: Oh wait, they let you transfer Pokemon over individually too?

one_kill

I'm so happy my event Spacial Rend/Roar of Time Darkrai was transferred. Other event legendaries I was able to transfer are the 10th anniversary dogs, Mystry Mew, Space C Deoxys, and two Celebis. I was also able to bring my two Manaphy, one of which is shiny.

My losses include Arceus and Shaymin... which I got someone to clone and hack my ID, shiny Jirachi, and a couple of Darkrai.

I also transferred some of my old Pokemon from Pearl. They all have their ribbons. I also have my Unown alphabet :D

I'm prepared for an afternoon/evening's worth of transferring when Nintendo decides to like us. On a side note, I don't get why it's time consuming? I thought it was a box at a time?

Edit: Oh wait, they let you transfer Pokemon over individually too?
The system isn't efficient. The way it works is this:

1. Open PokeTransporter and upload Pokemon in Box 1 to Bank
2. Open Bank and transfer to X or Y
3. Repeat 1 and 2 til complete

Having to load BW/BW2, then Transporter, then Bank, then all over again is annoying. It takes some time.

You could transfer Pokemon individually if you want. Just make sure it's in Box 1.

Muku

Relax. We got it at about 10am in Europe and it's probably not that time yet in America, right? :)

I'm not betting it'll come out at same time. I almost feel like this will be a phase process, and it'll be another month before we get it. I hope I'm wrong. Though also living abroad I tend to forget time back in States. :p

The system isn't efficient. The way it works is this:

1. Open PokeTransporter and upload Pokemon in Box 1 to Bank
2. Open Bank and transfer to X or Y
3. Repeat 1 and 2 til complete

Having to load BW/BW2, then Transporter, then Bank, then all over again is annoying. It takes some time.

You could transfer Pokemon individually if you want. Just make sure it's in Box 1.

Ah, I see. Wish they kind of allowed some more streamlined way, but guess it can't be helped. I have quite a few boxes in Black that need to go over. Worst part I think is having to move all the new Pokemon to Box 1 to do it. That seems way archaic. :(

Hm, well not that I'd want to transfer any individually on any scale, but I have a few I might want to. To at least see if it will let me. Some of my old legendaries from trades may not be doable I guess if they're hacked. After reading about some of that above, bit afraid. D:

one_kill

For something I've been waiting to use for a while, I'm pretty much done with Transporter and Bank after an hour. I'm not sure if I'll sign up for the service since I've got no incentive to use it in the foreseeable future.

I guess that's it for me... at least for a while. I'm burnt out. :p

jelmerjt

Woohoo :D (Yeah no Wish, I know :p)

Ro7iu2s.jpg

v43wer8.jpg

Tiamant

I'm lost. How is pokebank so awesome when the main thing (missing pokes) was available to all through GTS a month ago?

I mean, transfer moves cannot be bred, most of the pokes of pther gens were trash (IV speaking), where's the big thing?

one_kill

I'm lost. How is pokebank so awesome when the main thing (missing pokes) was available to all through GTS a month ago?

I mean, transfer moves cannot be bred, most of the pokes of pther gens were trash (IV speaking), where's the big thing?
Legendaries? Your previous competitive Pokemon? Shinies? Move tutor moves (i.e., Drill Run for Escavalier)?

I don't think people are saying it's awesome. Some people are just excited that it's out and are able to transfer Pokemon.

Usobuko

Banned
Now I can finally see those defog togepi, softboiled clefairy on gamefaq. The rest I want are there already. Elemental conkeldurr, bold painsplit rotom-w, superpower/knock off scizor etc.

The only reason I have any interest (but not enough to create an NNID and lose country switching) is getting Shiny Charm was very difficult through GTS. Since non-XY legendaries wanted other non-XY legendaries 99% of the time it was hard to get on the ladder so to speak. It required a lot of persistence.

Zornica

Banned
With the bank finally available, I want to reset my game so I can start over in another language.
could somebody please tell me what the ideal starter stats for the frog would be?
Or is there a site where I could check them?

one_kill

With the bank finally available, I want to reset my game so I can start over in another language.
could somebody please tell me what the ideal starter stats for the frog would be?
Or is there a site where I could check them?
Your starting Pokemon isn't going to be competitive anyway so it doesn't matter. It also isn't going to be Protean.

Usobuko

Banned
It matters to me :p
I am not playing competitive, but I can't stand having non-perfect stats ._.

Eh? It's always going to be non-perfect until you self breed it or get it from someone else, no? Unless you meant breeding it, putting in bank and retrieving it later on a new save file.

Anyway, go with Timid, 252 S.Atk/Spd EVs.

FSLink

Banned
It matters to me :p
I am not playing competitive, but I can't stand having non-perfect stats ._.

Yeah, worrying about it is kind of silly since there's no way you're getting 31 IVs on every relevant stat on your starter without pulling your hair out. I usually just aim for natures to make breeding for perfect stuff later a bit easier. So go with Timid or something.

Usobuko

Banned
2) Does anybody have a "God Ditto" they can part with? I'm getting this itch to do some serious pokemon breeding now, especially since I can check the IV's in Kiloude. I don't have anything really special to offer for it but I can always check my stash if you need anything specific, that and my eternal gratitude.
Are there any cloned 6IV JPN Ditto in circulation? I could really use one.
I'm actually looking for the same, doesnt have to be japanese but anything other than NA.

Just finished the game some days ago and I'm looking to get into the competitive scene :)

Any one else has spare 6IV Ditto for these guys?

upandaway

Considering how many Froakies there are on wondertrade, you could probably just ask someone on the forum to trade you a good egg. Trying to get a good starter from the game is a good way to lose your sanity.

Edit: I'd love a 6IV Ditto too if anyone has one! I skipped the rounds before because so many other people asked

Usobuko

Banned
I'll clone 2 of these dittos. Someone else pick up the slack please.

KiraFA37, The Shadow Knight. Will send you the PM when I'm done. Give me a couple of days though.

Hum, I forgot I had 1 shiny Gible and 1 shiny Smeargle, this things have to be worth something on GTS, right?

They are worth something even if the stats are terrible. But if you are looking for specific legendaries for battle, you might as well let me know. Unless you wanna do dex completion which it's far easier to chain trade these 2 guys.

Zornica

Banned
Yeah, worrying about it is kind of silly since there's no way you're getting 31 IVs on every relevant stat on your starter without pulling your hair out. I usually just aim for natures to make breeding for perfect stuff later a bit easier. So go with Timid or something.

I'm not looking for 31 IVs on everything, I just wanted to know which stats are the most important for that thing - and which ones are not. speed, defence etc...

Huh, of my entire 2 boxes of cute charm glitch shinies Farfetch'd is the only one that gets blocked.
I guess it's the name.

I'll clone 2 of these dittos. Someone else pick up the slack please.

KiraFA37, The Shadow Knight. Will send you the PM when I'm done. Give me a couple of days though.

They are worth something even if the stats are terrible. But if you are looking for specific legendaries for battle, you might as well let me know. Unless you wanna do dex completion which it's far easier to chain trade these 2 guys.

Oh no that's quite alright, with pokebank up I was able to transfer a 6IV ditto. But thanks anyway!

Top Bottom