• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

blamite

Speaking of affection, what's the fastest way to grind out happiness evolutions? There's way more of these than I feel like spending much time on.

KiraFA37

Speaking of affection, what's the fastest way to grind out happiness evolutions? There's way more of these than I feel like spending much time on.

My guess would be massages (only 1 per day, gives halve of necessary happiness), soothing punch bags (take a while to get and punch, don't know how much happiness they give) and for the rest winning fights (not fainting) and walking around. Pokemon amie helps too but I don't know how much and what helps, I suppose only playing helps and not the feeding part.

Massages and keeping it in the party is what I would do.

Soodanim

Transferred over some of my previous legends. Out of the ones so far only 3 have had any perfect IVs lol.

My Ho-Oh, Rayquaza and Kyogre from Heartgold all had at least 1 perfect IV.

Reading your post makes me sad that I got rid of all of my Pokemon stuff before gen 4 hit. I had Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, and Latios plus anything else Ruby, Fire Red and Colosseum had. That said, I don't think my legendary box is looking too bad (although I wish I had a Darkrai and whatever else I missed by not having Platinum or BW2.
wUg8a4N.jpg

Good idea about IV checking though, I'll have to get on that. But first, time to get the items for that bottom row of gen 5 legendaries. Then to use my poison heal Breloom, Darmanitan and maybe Excadrill to ruin Maison until I get enough points for that item needed to evolve Rhydon, then it's a completed Kalos dex for me.

Dandalf

Neo Member
Totally random and off topic, but does anyone have a Feebas they'd like to part with?

I plan on breeding another shiny Milotic as the stats on my last one weren't 5 31's, but I can't move my Milotic over yet as Bank isn't in the US yet.

If anyone has a spare one on hand and wants to get rid of it, I'd love to take it off your hands!

Shoot me a PM!

Soodanim

Totally random and off topic, but does anyone have a Feebas they'd like to part with?

I plan on breeding another shiny Milotic as the stats on my last one weren't 5 31's, but I can't move my Milotic over yet as Bank isn't in the US yet.

If anyone has a spare one on hand and wants to get rid of it, I'd love to take it off your hands!

Shoot me a PM!

I got wondered one, I can quickly breed it if you like. No idea about IVs, does that matter to you?

Tiamant

I find it more fun to play like this, to be honest. I could go with the standard sets that people use in competitions, but na. I like to live a little.

Yup, that's the essence of the game for me. The day I have to play with the standard mons with their standard sets is the day I stop playing Pokémon.

ugoo18

Reading your post makes me sad that I got rid of all of my Pokemon stuff before gen 4 hit. I had Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, and Latios plus anything else Ruby, Fire Red and Colosseum had. That said, I don't think my legendary box is looking too bad (although I wish I had a Darkrai and whatever else I missed by not having Platinum or BW2.

Good idea about IV checking though, I'll have to get on that. But first, time to get the items for that bottom row of gen 5 legendaries. Then to use my poison heal Breloom, Darmanitan and maybe Excadrill to ruin Maison until I get enough points for that item needed to evolve Rhydon, then it's a completed Kalos dex for me.

Just checked the IVs of my Shiny Haxorus (The one you get from the National reserve). No perfect IVs but it's not terrible 30/29/26/25/13/17

Apart from the last 2 it's workable lol although it's nature is Rash. Same thing can't be said about my shiny Dratini (The one you get from the White tree challenge) and my Shiny Gyarados (The one you battle in HG).

EDIT: My Latios has a perfect speed IV as well.

My HG Moltres has HP grass, how useful would that be. I know it allows it to hit Water types but with HP being set at 60 now is it any use at all?

Usobuko

Banned
Damn those Japanese going all crazy for Pokemon Bank!

I got my 30 IV Ditto (every stat is a 30 IV one) as well. This is gonna make HP breeding so much easier!

Possible to make a copy of that? I will give you something good in return next time. After I'm done with this HP breeding Ditto, I will pass it to other cloners. Someone else has 30/30/30/30/31/31 ditto strictly for HP ice but since I never breed HP before, I'm not sure if this is more useful.

Alchemy

I have Pokemon from Ruby/Sapphire when I was playing these games in High School that I want to import. Come on Baaaaaank.

L.O.R.D

the problem with the 30 IV Ditto is you don't know what the offspring is getting
maybe 29- maybe less
you have to check every one manually by IV calculator

Alchemy

the problem with the 30 IV Ditto is you don't know what the offspring is getting
maybe 29- maybe less
you have to check every one manually by IV calculator

Not like this is much different from past generations...

Hidden Power [Type] really just needs to be a move tutor attack so there is less IV breeding dickery involved.

Did my first IV chain breed today thanks to a 6IV Ditto I got from a friend. After an hour or so, I ended up with a 5 IV Marvel Scale Dratini w/ ExtremeSpeed. Just now checked the IV spread, and it's 29/31/31/31/31/31. Can't complain at all!

Nekki

So wait, going back to my previous enquiry?? How would i get around to getting an Aggronite, having only pokemon X? Can anybody trade me one, or clone the item or something :/

blamite

My guess would be massages (only 1 per day, gives halve of necessary happiness), soothing punch bags (take a while to get and punch, don't know how much happiness they give) and for the rest winning fights (not fainting) and walking around. Pokemon amie helps too but I don't know how much and what helps, I suppose only playing helps and not the feeding part.

Massages and keeping it in the party is what I would do.

Cool, thanks. Hmm, I didn't realize the massages helped that much, that'll be pretty useful.

Muku

Okay, question regarding GTS. I'm looking at the legendary chart in OP, doing my wheelin' and dealin' on there. At bottom says Pokemon you can't, because well they are event Pokemon, trade on GTS. That's just stating you can't put them up for trade, correct? You can put something else up and ask for say a Darkrai though, right?

SeZMehK

Okay, question regarding GTS. I'm looking at the legendary chart in OP, doing my wheelin' and dealin' on there. At bottom says Pokemon you can't, because well they are event Pokemon, trade on GTS. That's just stating you can't put them up for trade, correct? You can put something else up and ask for say a Darkrai though, right?

Nope. They are completely unavailable on GTS either way.

Muku

You can ask for them, but you'll never get anything from it.

Well, yeah. Haha, that's what I want to avoid. Spamming up GTS with pointless stuff. Collecting other legendaries at moment since I'm so bored waiting on PokeBank. By time it comes out I'll have them all through GTS, haha. Hadn't asked for any yet, but guess I'll have to hunt for the event ones I don't have.

Usobuko

Banned
I got sick of hunting legendaries. Still need the trio birds, dogs, golems, zekrom, palkia, giratina, latios, mewtwo, cresselia, celebi, cobalion, virizion, azelf, mesprit, xerneas, yveltal, zygarde.

Don't care about shiny, just want the ideal nature, ability and ivs.

Muku

Looking for a cloner to help me. I have a friend who has a birthday coming up. I want to give him a shiny. Fortunately, the shiny he wants is one I've already bred for myself. I'd like to get a copy of mine for him. (Since it took me two weeks to get mine... I fear to see how long it'd take to get one made for him if I were to try again.) Can attach an ability capsule to it, so if you want to clone it for yourself as well, you can get that as a bonus.

Top Bottom