• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Looking for a cloner to help me. I have a friend who has a birthday coming up. I want to give him a shiny. Fortunately, the shiny he wants is one I've already bred for myself. I'd like to get a copy of mine for him. (Since it took me two weeks to get mine... I fear to see how long it'd take to get one made for him if I were to try again.) Can attach an ability capsule to it, so if you want to clone it for yourself as well, you can get that as a bonus.

I've got your back, send a trade request if you see me online

Usobuko

Banned
I'm glad for you Muku, sorry I couldn't help much. I have finally finished getting the two foreign dittos.

Does anyone have a spare Blazikenite at all? A friend of mine got Pokemon a week after the event ended, so I wanted to try and help out.

If you are willing to wait for a couple of days, sure. I cam pass you one. Just note it's through cloning a copy of it.

MicH

So...what are some good gen V exclusive tutor moves? I can probably get a Scyther with Defog and send it over. Is it only available in gen IV? Ugh

Usobuko

Banned
So...what are some good gen V exclusive tutor moves? I can probably get a Scyther with Defog and send it over. Is it only available in gen IV? Ugh

Your scizor should always have knock off and super power even if you're not using them. Both are exclusively from move tutors.

macklelol

Pain Split Rotom and Cofagrigus? Knock Off on a ton of Pokemon like Conkeldurr or Weavile would be nice, haha.

MicH

Your scizor should always have knock off and super power even if you're not using them. Both are exclusively from move tutors.
Scizor just got a whole lot more interesting. But what is the ideal set for this? Superpower, Knock Off, U-Turn and Bullet Punch? He has such a great movepool! I want Swords Dance and Roost too!

Pain Split Rotom and Cofagrigus? Knock Off on a ton of Pokemon like Conkeldurr or Weavile would be nice, haha.
Ah, yes I need this! I may have to check Gamefaqs for all these

Usobuko

Banned
Ah, yes I need this! I may have to check Gamefaqs for all these

They have everything usually except Gen 4 Move tutors/HM pokemons. Impossible to trade unless you have something really rare.

Defog Togepi, Softboiled Clefairy where!?

Usobuko

Banned
Scizor just got a whole lot more interesting. But what is the ideal set for this? Superpower, Knock Off, U-Turn and Bullet Punch? He has such a great movepool! I want Swords Dance and Roost too!

Btw, I think those 4 moves made a good choice band set. You may change pursuit with one of those moves. Probably with Knock Off since SP, BP, U-turn are more mandatory in my opinon.

You don't use SD or Roost in Band set anyway.

MicH

Btw, I think those 4 moves made a good choice band set. You may change pursuit with one of those moves. Probably with Knock Off since SP, BP, U-turn are more mandatory in my opinon.

You don't use SD or Roost in Band set anyway.
Yeah, a banded Scizor with those moves sound pretty damn badass! I currently run a Life Orb/Mega Scizor with BP, U-Turn, SD and Roost. Always good to have more different sets

Card Boy

Banned
This is how i'm thinking of rolling my 6 main Pokemon. I usually roll 1 main element Pokemon each and give them hybrid rolls into minor areas. Eg Talonflame is my Flying/Fire style guy.

Water: Greninja (1 normal move and 1 Water/Dark/Rock move each)
Fire: Talonflame (1 normal move, at least 1 fire and at least 1 flying move)
Grass: Have Venusaur but really wanted a Snivy/Treecko/Turtwig instead but found out you can't get them without cross gen trading. Not sure how viable Leafeon is or when to Evolve from Eevee. Really hate the look anything past the Bulbasaur evolution.
Lightning: Raichu (still have Pikachu and don't know when to Evolve)
Fighting: Lucario (Fighting and Steel Shit)
6th Type: Undecided, maybe Mew Two or Alacazam.

Missed out on fucken Torchic, I got Pokemon X like a week ago.

one_kill

This is how i'm thinking of rolling my 6 main Pokemon. I usually roll 1 main element Pokemon each and give them hybrid rolls into minor areas. Eg Talonflame is my Flying/Fire style guy.

Water: Greninja (1 normal move and 1 Water/Dark/Rock move each)
Fire: Talonflame (1 normal move, at least 1 fire and at least 1 flying move)
Grass: Have Venusaur but really wanted a Snivy/Treecko/Turtwig instead but found out you can't get them without cross gen trading. Not sure how viable Leafeon is or when to Evolve from Eevee. Really hate the look anything past the Bulbasaur evolution.
Lightning: Raichu (still have Pikachu and don't know when to Evolve)
Fighting: Lucario (Fighting and Steel Shit)
6th Type: Undecided, maybe Mew Two or Alacazam.

Missed out on fucken Torchic, I got Pokemon X like a week ago.
Who's going to be your HM monster?

MicH

Talonflame is one of the best new Pokemon even though I hate it oh so much. Why is it the best? Purely because it has Flame Body and can learn Fly. My god this is so convenient I have no idea how I ever survived without it

one_kill

Edit: Palkia's back in Smash
hMnm9vv.jpg

It's using its signature move Spacial Rend

Talonflame is one of the best new Pokemon even though I hate it oh so much. Why is it the best? Purely because it has Flame Body and can learn Fly. My god this is so convenient I have no idea how I ever survived without it
I remember the hard days.

From switching Pokemon to split EXP to finding someone with a link cable to trade. No horde battles for EV training, even power items in earlier generations.

ugoo18

What's up with this damm Carbink....

1288 eggs and no Shiny -_-

That's not even including the 200 or 300 eggs from my previous attempt that i gave up on in favor of other Pokemon.

Curse this Pokemon and it's refusal to be shiny.

Muku

So decided to dabble in cloning a little. I will say you guys are saints that do this all the time. I figure I'll try to help out when I can with this. Feel bad asking for help but not having much to offer in return. After the last couple hours I've got the following to trade:

x2 Shiny Mew 6IV
x5 Japanese Ditto 6IV
God Ditto
+ each comes with an Ability Capsule

MicH

So decided to dabble in cloning a little. I will say you guys are saints that do this all the time. I figure I'll try to help out when I can with this. Feel bad asking for help but not having much to offer in return. After the last couple hours I've got the following to trade:

x2 Shiny Mew 6IV
x5 Japanese Ditto 6IV
God Ditto
+ each comes with an Ability Capsule
When I first started cloning I failed 9/10 times. Now I do it pretty much every other time, so yeah. It's all about getting the timing right.

I managed to get a male Scyther with Defog and I will breed it once my Day Care is free (whenever I get the shiny Nidoran I want or when I give up :p). Also managed to get a Scizor (shiny too lol) with Knock Off and Superpower. Gotta love Gamefaqs

Muku

Yeah right now it's all over place. Best I managed was 2 in a row. That was a miracle. I was dancing until the next one took a while, haha.

Worst record was 25 times in row for nothing, I just switch off and starts breeding. That's why I always asked for a few days grace before I clone something for PokeGAF.

Ouch! No doubt. After doing it myself, I can understand. Always thankful for the help before, but even more thankful knowing what goes into it.

Usobuko

Banned
Yeah right now it's all over place. Best I managed was 2 in a row. That was a miracle. I was dancing until the next one took a while, haha.

Worst record was 25 times in row for nothing, I just switch off and starts breeding. That's why I always asked for a few days grace before I clone something for PokeGAF.

I have an advice for you Muku, try trading your Ditto in gamefaq. They are much easier to trade with than Mew but it's still on a much lower priority to move tutored pokemons.

Also managed to get a Scizor (shiny too lol) with Knock Off and Superpower. Gotta love Gamefaqs

I'll give you a Mawile for it :(

Shiny, 6IV, Adamant, Intidimate, Ice/Fire Fang.

denshuu

Jeez. I have to rework half my Battle Spot team now just to deal with all these Darkrais and Cresselias.

On the plus side, they're all weak to Bug. Kabutops learned X-Scissor.

THE BANK IS HERE.

I do have a question: If your bank subscription ends and you do not renew it, do you lose all of the things that you have stored?

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Screw taking a nap, time to get the transitions goin.

Time to check and see if those dittos are legit, lol.

TWILT

Banned
Yay, can finally get back into the game. Managed to transfer my Superpower/Bugbite Scizor and a few other legends.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Dittos have made it through, lol.

If anyone still needs a 6iv one, PM me. After I make some space in my boxes, I'll have a fair bunch, lol.

PK Gaming

Plus, today's gimmicks could be tomorrow's standards. :)

This.

I remember a time DPP when people considered Kingdra a gimmick and now... well, yeah.

Pokemon has always been about trying new things and evolving as a player. The best players have always been the ones to innovate.

Yup, that's the essence of the game for me. The day I have to play with the standard mons with their standard sets is the day I stop playing Pokémon.

Word of advice:

Don't be that guy who always uses standard teams, but also don't be that guy who refuses to "good" Pokemon. Just because Scizor is overused doesn't mean it can't be used in unique way. Try a different set; my friend is using SD + Baton Pass right now and it's kicking ass.

This pokemon would like to know too.

250px-637Volcarona.png

Top Bottom