• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Tiamant

They are worth something even if the stats are terrible. But if you are looking for specific legendaries for battle, you might as well let me know. Unless you wanna do dex completion which it's far easier to chain trade these 2 guys.

It's dex completition, I'm 90 pokes away from the siny charm.

Well 89 now, looks like Registeel is worth something.

Wichu

Aww yeah, got Pokémon Bank. Now I just have to get my schoolwork done before I start transferring my event Pokémon to finish my dex!

Huh, of my entire 2 boxes of cute charm glitch shinies Farfetch'd is the only one that gets blocked.
I guess it's the name.

No way am I transferring my couple of boxes of Cute Charm glitch shinies all the way from Pearl. They can stay there forever.

upandaway

I'm done~ I'm done~ I'm done~! Never wanna do that again.

Still missing X exclusives, but everything else is in place. For now it'll do.

Wichu

Got my Bank Celebi. It's Jolly nature, with IVs of 0-9/31/20-29/20-29/31/31. I think this could make a decent Swords Dance Celebi. Shame about the HP, though :(

Miutsu

Any one else has spare 6IV Ditto for these guys?

Thanks for the mention! Thankfully if PokeBank releases soon in NA I won't be needing it :)

On topic of competitive pokemon: I'm kinda new to it and I would like to make a team that has synergy but I have no experience with competitive strategies and what would be a good starting point, anyone got a good guide or something to get started? currently I'm checking sections and articles over smogon.

upandaway

Thanks for the mention! Thankfully if PokeBank releases soon in NA I won't be needing it :)

On topic of competitive pokemon: I'm kinda new to it and I would like to make a team that has synergy but I have no experience with competitive strategies and what would be a good starting point, anyone got a good guide or something to get started? currently I'm checking sections and articles over smogon.
Start with one or two offensive Pokemon you wanna use, and then keep adding Pokemon that can support them (take out or wall Pokemon that threat them). I guess you should decide before then if you want a specific weather/trick room team.

You also want a token spinner/defogger, and after you're done look at the top 20 OU Pokemon and see if there's anything that destroys your team, then switch out one of your Pokemon to with one that checks it.

I figured Nugget Bridge would have an article for this but apparently not.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Hey guys, sorry for the dumb question. I'm a complete neophyte to pokemon and I'm playing x at the very beginning forest. I let my daughter play it a while to see if she liked it since I'm buying her a 2ds Y bundle for her birthday.

Thing is she captured a bunch of duplicate pokemon I'd like to get rid of. How do I let one go?

Wichu

Hey guys, sorry for the dumb question. I'm a complete neophyte to pokemon and I'm playing x at the very beginning forest. I let my daughter play it a while to see if she liked it since I'm buying her a 2ds Y bundle for her birthday.

Thing is she captured a bunch of duplicate pokemon I'd like to get rid of. How do I let one go?

You can 'release' Pokémon using the PC storage system in a Pokémon Center (there's one in the next town). There's enough space to store over 900 Pokémon though, so you don't really need to worry about releasing them quite yet ;)

Miutsu

Start with one or two offensive Pokemon you wanna use, and then keep adding Pokemon that can support them (take out or wall Pokemon that threat them). I guess you should decide before then if you want a specific weather/trick room team.

You also want a token spinner/defogger, and after you're done look at the top 20 OU Pokemon and see if there's anything that destroys your team, then switch out one of your Pokemon to with one that checks it.

I figured Nugget Bridge would have an article for this but apparently not.

Alright I will follow your advice, also I read about using a Gliscor as a batton passer so that could be part of the support for the offensive part of the team, but yeah I might try my hand at a trick room team as it seems an interesting strategy.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
You can 'release' Pokémon using the PC storage system in a Pokémon Center (there's one in the next town). There's enough space to store over 900 Pokémon though, so you don't really need to worry about releasing them quite yet ;)
Awesome, thanks! I was concerned because I could only see a few on the bottom screen.

Wichu

Awesome, thanks! I was concerned because I could only see a few on the bottom screen.

After you fill up your six party slots, any additional Pokémon you catch are sent directly to PC storage. You start with 8 storage boxes (with 30 slots each) - as they start to fill up, you'll unlock more until you reach the limit of 31 boxes. The starting 8 boxes will probably be enough for a casual player (you'll only need more if you want to complete your Pokédex or get into breeding).

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
NoA makes me sad sometimes. But if europe's store went down, it might be a bit still.

Got burnt out on the cloning in addition to some Grad School stuff I needed to buckle down on, but I'll see about getting some more dittos pooled up for newcomers.

Dandalf

Neo Member
So, after 900+ eggs for my shiny Hawlucha I was pleasantly surprised at my newest Masuda Method hatch.

Without the shiny charm and after 181 eggs, I hatched a shiny Honedge!

IV's are: X/31/31/31/31/31.

She's a beauty:

K2ppeHP.jpg

Firestorm

Why the hell do people expect Nintendo of America to release a service-based product in the middle of THR night when nobody is in the office ?

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
US Bank needs to come out so I can transfer over a whole box of 6IV Dittos. :p

This too.

There was someone on Gamefaqs with a whole box of every Ditto nature on Pokecheck. Dunno if it'll pass muster, but if it does...

Free dittos for everyone, lol.

Korosenai

What's the optimum Aegislash build nowadays assuming I'm going for a mixed build?

Brave if you want to go full on attack, Quiet if you want to use a special attack set with Shadow Ball.

So, after 900+ eggs for my shiny Hawlucha I was pleasantly surprised at my newest Masuda Method hatch.

Without the shiny charm and after 181 eggs, I hatched a shiny Honedge!

IV's are: X/31/31/31/31/31.

She's a beauty:
I'm jealous of that iv spread. Mine is 31/X/X/31/31/31. I went for a Quiet build with shadow ball, but the low attack for its other moves still makes me sad.

Alchemy

This too.

There was someone on Gamefaqs with a whole box of every Ditto nature on Pokecheck. Dunno if it'll pass muster, but if it does...

It is very easy to hack "legit" Pokemon that can't be checked, so I imagine the 6IV Dittos will flood the game.

FSLink

Banned
This too.

It should if they've been edited right, apparently most Pokecheck Pokemon have been getting through.

What's the optimum Aegislash build nowadays assuming I'm going for a mixed build?

i finished IV/EV training one. I went for perfect IV's in everything but special attack, and EV trained in HP and Attack with the brave nature which is plus attack and minus speed. Aegislash in shield form has so much defense i didn't think it was needed for EV training, lots of HP and a high attack stat make it a monster. Some moves i taught it were swords dance, kings shield, shadow sneak (dat priority) and sacred sword.

Tiamant

When I started breeding HootHoot I could never imagine that Noctowl could take down Zapdos in a 1v1. This guy takes special hits in the face at slightly more than half HP.
If only it's movepool wasn't so shallow...

Wichu

I'm running a special-oriented mixed build. Quiet with 252HP/4Atk/252SpAtk, Shadow Ball/Hidden Power Ice/Sacred Sword/King's Shield. Shadow Ball wrecks things, HP Ice kills Dragons, while Sacred Sword 2HKOs Blissey.

Top Bottom