• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Black & White |OT| of S'POILER'S and 156 New Pokemon's (no s'hiny Ponyta's)

Harpuia

Oh man, I cannot wait for these games to come out in NA. I even picked out my team:

isshu-pokemon-9.jpg
isshu-pokemon-27.jpg
isshu-pokemon-36.jpg
isshu-pokemon-82.jpg
isshu-pokemon-102.jpg
isshu-pokemon-115.jpg

RagnarokX

Woah, fire ghost gets shadow tag from dream world. Overheat with no escape.

Looks like a new Blissey counter.
Shadow tag, pain split, overheat, shadow ball, confuse ray

Kyzer

Banned
Picked out the team I'm going to use in my JP playthrough, but it won't probably won't even be here for days...ugh.

isshu-pokemon-6.jpg
isshu-pokemon-18.jpg
isshu-pokemon-118.jpg
isshu-pokemon-71.jpg
isshu-pokemon-134.jpg
isshu-pokemon-150.jpg

DMG-01

I'm lttp on the news, but
Lightningrod Seaking, Hydration Smoochum -> Dry Skin Jynx, Motor Drive Emonga :lol

Magic Guard Alakazam, Unburden Sceptile, Speed Boost Blaziken, Speed Boost Sharpedo, DROUGHT NINETAILS AND DRIZZLE POLITOAD!! The gen V metagame is going to be exponentially more intense than gen IV! :D

woobit

Whats the latest news on the whole region lock thingie? The main game works on DS Light, the extras (+) won't work DS Light, and nothing works on DSi?

woobit said:
Whats the latest news on the whole region lock thingie? The main game works on DS Light, the extras (+) won't work DS Light, and nothing works on DSi?

Yep. DSi games are region locked so enhanced games like this need the right region to work. DSfat/DSlite doesn't care but obviously can't use the extra features.

Wiseblade

woobit said:
What extra features will that be exactly? Dream World?
The DSi extra features are 4 person wireless and wifi video chat (more liek picture chat amirite?). Dream World is something totally different. I'm 112% sure that I covered this in the OP of the real official thread.

Ondore

Little Green Yoda said:
They seriously took away the
Stealth Rock
TM? Oh, well. There's always migration. :D

You can't migrate items, and even if you could TM76 would turn from
Stealth Rock
to
Bug Resistance

You'll have to buy the TM and use it in HG/SS before you transfer, of course.

Ok, I'm hearing stuff about a really high shiny encounter rate and apparently there have been 2 different colored shiny Yorterrie spotted from different sources (one being more coffee brown and the other being really light).

Anyone know more about this?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
woobit said:

The cart won't even be recognized by a non-Japanese DSi / DSi XL.

It works perfectly fine in any DS / DS Light.

Neiteio

When will the official Sugimori art for all the new Pokemon be out? You know, the kind that appears in player's guides and such?
Anyone know when we'll get the official Sugimori art? I remember seeing the DP sprites for the first time and thinking "Meh" on a lot of them, and then someone linked to this file site with all the pokedex numbers and I could click on each one and see the glorious official Sugimori art... and suddenly, many of those Pokemon became truly awesome.

Chozo

Shiggie said:
Sucks for Goldeen then.

If the thread on Smogon's correct, LightningRod is kind of like Flash Fire now: you absorb the attack, take no damage and you get a special attack boost.

Doesn't change the fact that, well, lolseaking but it's not horrible.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Chozo said:
If the thread on Smogon's correct, LightningRod is kind of like Flash Fire now: you absorb the attack, take no damage and you get a special attack boost.

Doesn't change the fact that, well, lolseaking but it's not horrible.

Hm... wait. When was "Electric-immunity" part of the Lightning rod package?

Pureauthor said:
Well, Politoed and Ninetails for Ubers. Anyone else?

If Smogon or whoever the bum start banning Dream World Pokemon left right and centre I'll be so pissed. The metagame can and should change to accomodate these developments.

Hopefully this means Garchomp will get back into OU :)

Top Bottom