• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Black & White |OT| of S'POILER'S and 156 New Pokemon's (no s'hiny Ponyta's)

Firestorm

Green Scar said:
If Smogon or whoever the bum start banning Dream World Pokemon left right and centre I'll be so pissed. The metagame can and should change to accomodate these developments.

Hopefully this means Garchomp will get back into OU :)
Garchomp will be back in OU.

No Ninetales and Politoed will not be fucking banned. I know Pureauthor is kidding but you will not believe the amount of idiots who think that might actually happen.

The only Pokemon that I would say are even remotely at risk of a ban from the beginning are Pokemon like Kyogre and Mewtwo and even that isn't guaranteed at this point.

Ookami-kun said:
Implying that Digimon has horrible design. Oh nostalgic Pokefans who never watched Digimon saying certain designs look like Digimon... :lol
Actually, no. I meant it as a good thing. I LOVED Digimon as a kid.

Lespedeza

Banned
QuiteWhittle said:
Say what you will about the Pokemon but the character designs are some of the best since Gen I. So vibrant and colorful.

BWVSPics.png
I agree I'm liking the characters, they look very vibrant, and diverse. The pokemon I'm still on the fence about, but I'm sure like gen II (my least favorite) I'll get used to them.

Firestorm said:
Garchomp will be back in OU.

No Ninetales and Politoed will not be fucking banned. I know Pureauthor is kidding but you will not believe the amount of idiots who think that might actually happen.

The only Pokemon that I would say are even remotely at risk of a ban from the beginning are Pokemon like Kyogre and Mewtwo and even that isn't guaranteed at this point.

Woo-hoo! Glad to hear that, the less Ubers the better. Now for Wynaut/Wobuffett to get a new ability, lol.

Green Scar said:
Woo-hoo! Glad to hear that, the less Ubers the better. Now for Wynaut/Wobuffett to get a new ability, lol.

I think Wobbuffet as it is could not be banned at all, but that's just from me occasionally visiting Stark Mountain, so I'm not sure if what I read was accurate.

Firestorm

Green Scar said:
Chances of a specific Pokemon + Ability being banned are low so don't get your hopes up on that one. Although hey, Wobbuffet might not be banned from the beginning period so maybe it won't matter!

Edit: As far as banning goes, read these two threads to know where Smogon stands at the moment:
Proposed Starting Banlist for Gen 5
What did we learn from tiering in generation four?

Now I know why Smugleaf is so smug. It's not just the only half-decent looking starter. It's only half-decent looking one in the whole generation. Seriously, I looked over all of them twice just to make sure I wasn't overlooking any, and Smugleaf is the only one I find even remotely passable.

If you like this generation, then good for you, but personally, I thought Nintendo would never top Ruby/Sapphire in terms of bad Pokemon design, but sadly I was wrong.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Ben2749 said:
Now I know why Smugleaf is so smug. It's not just the only half-decent looking starter. It's only half-decent looking one in the whole generation.
:lol

Honestly, even though I'm always one of the first people out there to throw out the whole "nostalgia goggles lol" line, my gut reaction was the same. Most difficult batch of pokes to pick a team out of since Johto. Possibly worse.

Ah well, I'm sure I'll change my tune once I stick a few in my party and they do something incredible. At least Wotter's final evo is an order of magnitude less pathetic than he is. I'm due for picking the water starter.

trinest

I just realised there are toad/frog pokemon in this too! Which means it can go into my collection of frogs at lv.100 pokemon plan :D

Ravidrath

Pokemon availability is surprisingly thin in the early areas... Like 3/4 of my encounters so far have been Minezumis.

Also, I ran into a Tabunne, and got different battle music... it was more dramatic. Anyone know what's up with that?

joetachi

Ravidrath said:
Pokemon availability is surprisingly thin in the early areas... Like 3/4 of my encounters so far have been Minezumis.

Also, I ran into a Tabunne, and got different battle music... it was more dramatic. Anyone know what's up with that?
tabune can appear in all areas but its very rare

Ravidrath

joetachi said:
tabune can appear in all areas but its very rare

Well, glad I caught one so early, then!

Any other Pokemon fit this "very rare" criteria that trigger different music, etc.?

BTW, anyone had any luck with Dream World stuff? I managed to create my account, but I haven't been able to get through to tie my Game Sync to it yet... the site is completely hosed, at the moment.

Shiggie said:

I wonder if we will finally be seeing what Sharpedo's backside looks like now that they have full-sized back sprites. It's still the biggest mystery of this series to date (that, and why Azurill is a Normal type).

joetachi

Emonga said:
I wonder if we will finally be seeing what Sharpedo's backside looks like now that they have full-sized back sprites. It's still the biggest mystery of this series to date (that, and why Azurill is a Normal type).
Actually the biggest mystery is if Crobat has legs

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
The genies are about the worst legendaries we've ever gotten. Love how they made each of the legendary dogs more viable in a competitive environment though.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
These designs are really going to need to grow on me, I don't like the vast lot of them. Feels to me like the well has been sucked dry. That'll probably change over time

Shiggie

Nils said:
The genies are about the worst legendaries we've ever gotten. Love how they made each of the legendary dogs more viable in a competitive environment though.
They're gods.
but hey should have changed up the pose.

Zilch

Banned
Looking at Serebii's latest update it seems that this game has a pretty ridiculous JRPG plot.

Love the animated gifs, keep 'em coming.

joetachi

reading that grinding is a bit easier tabune appears in all patches of grass and the patch wiggles if you look carefully, you can battle her a good number of times and gives a lot of exp.

Kurtofan

Nils said:
They are awesome and the worst trio is the lake trio.

Zilch

Banned
Yeah, I'm not complaining. Just interesting (though not completely surprising) that GF took it in this direction.

joetachi said:
reading that grinding is a bit easier tabune appears in all patches of grass and the patch wiggles if you look carefully, you can battle her a good number of times and gives a lot of exp.
That makes Tabunne the Pokemon equivalent of Amazy Dayzee.

Top Bottom