• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Graphics in this game are better than I thought they'd be. And saving is instantaneous now! Fuck. Yes.

When can I start trading with people around the globe and locally and such?

cackhyena

Some people like to catch every Pokémon in the game, so others catch only the best ones or the ones they plan to use/like the design/etc. There isn't a correct or best way to play. Personally, I think catching every Pokémon I find is a big waste of time, but that is just me.

Same. Was wondering if there was something I might be missing out on, not doing so. I'll stick to what appeals to me. Thanks.

What's a good size SD card to get for a 3DS? Just tried to download X and it said I didn't have enough room... I am using a 2gig at the moment.

Also, how big is this game?!?!

Get a SanDisk Ultra for 32GB if you're going to DL a lot of stuff, 16GB if not. There's no reason to go lower than that.

Wensih

Just came back from Toys R Us with both X and Y. They're having a buy one get one 40% off 3DS titles if anyone else is looking to pick up both, or some other game. I cannot wait to play!!

ivysaur12

Banned
Does the color of the flower of the grass matter for what Pokemon you're trying to catch?

Also, Male Ralts hell ya Gallade here we come.

Lol landed a Rash Nature Abra and a Hasty Froakie now that I just checked.

Abra could use Modest, but honestly good enough and looks like Froakie going mixed attacker.

Any good wall Pokemon on the earlier routes?

Agh, bought into the hype, as the last time I got hyped at the last minute on an old childhood series I thought I left behind, well, I'm still playing New Leaf. Is anybody trying to download the games right now moving at a very slow pace, though? Only at about 30% after an hour, it's moving incredibly slow.

Don't think a 2 GB card will cut it for this.
This game is 1.7 GB, and with all the 3DS stuff, I dunno if there'd be enough room.

Get a SanDisk Ultra for 32GB if you're going to DL a lot of stuff, 16GB if not. There's no reason to go lower than that.

Thank you! Will probably go for the 16GB for now depending on the price difference. Having to wait is killing me. Well, gotta run to the store!

tauroxd

So... How do I get the Torchic? I already am connected to internet but I don't see how can I get it... Someone know anything about it? Thanks.

Shahadan

GTS is already plagued by fucktards requesting Yveltals and Lugias for their shitty pokemons.
Also of course they all want female starters so good luck with that.

daman824

Thank you! Will probably go for the 16GB for now depending on the price difference. Having to wait is killing me. Well, gotta run to the store!
Yep, 16 gigs is good. I have Fire emblem, Luigis mansion, Animal crossing, pokemon x, and a few eshop games all downloaded. And I can still fit quite a bit more stuff on it.

daman824

So... How do I get the Torchic? I already am connected to internet but I don't see how can I get it... Someone know anything about it? Thanks.
Right when you start the game, there should be a mystery gift tab. Select it, and choose "from internet". You should be able to figure it out from there.

It's insane how great the online system is in this game. Is this really a Nintendo game?

I just asked 3 random people to do a 4 player battle. It was awesome. One of them then asked me a single battle and the game asked if I wanted to put them on my 3DS friend list. Too cool.

Strider

Just got back from Bestbuy with my copy! I got there at the perfect time because I got the last copy they had. After grabbing my copy I was browsing around looking at other games when a guy came in literally one minute after me. He was scrambling around and looking at every individual game case, even in the pre owned section to try and find a copy. He then asked a sales clerk if they had any more copies and he said no...

I felt kinda bad for the guy because of how upset he was lol but there's a bunch of stores in the area so I'm sure by now he's found one.

Zafir

Holy crap, i didnt even know you could do this!!!. Thanks man!. Is this available for every 3DS game and is it only GAME that does it?
Gamesrocket do as well, but they seem to be dearer. Don't know any more. They usually sell codes for the majority of games that have a download version available.

Hey! So I passed out and the thread seems to have exploded(pretty expectedly).

What was this i was hearing about
Getting a second starter from kalos later in the story
?

Also! 3196-3268-5426 PM me folks :)

The 2GB card will work if there is nothing else on the card.

Holy crap it worked! Just went into data management and deleted everything and tried again and it let me! Will probably still get a 16GB card though. Does anyone know how to go about transferring 3DS data from one card to the other so I can have all of my digitally bought Pokemon games on one card?

I am absolutely loving this game, as expected. My Chespin lead team is trucking along nicely. Two minor things:

1) When Pokemon level up who are not actively in battle, you no longer see what there stat gains are... What's with that?

2) I play almost exclusively at night, and it's always dark... I suppose I could change my DS clock to "trick" it into thinking it is daytime. Pokemon battles are more appealing with sunny blue skies!

That's all for now.

Sponge

Banned
I don't think this is a spoiler since Fetchling was revealed ages ago.

I'm not even 20 minutes into the game and I found a Shiny one.

t75MP7M.jpg
OjZcq3L.jpg

pix

Question, when it comes time to choose between Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle, should I be choosing Charmander as its the only way to get Charizard which turns into Mega Charizard? Or can I get any of these at a later date?

Holy crap it worked! Just went into data management and deleted everything and tried again and it let me! Will probably still get a 16GB card though. Does anyone know how to go about transferring 3DS data from one card to the other so I can have all of my digitally bought Pokemon games on one card?

I think you can just copy the contents of your old SD card onto your PC (drag and drop). Then insert your new SD card into your PC and copy the files over to the new card. You want to do this before you start using your new card on the 3DS though. I think that's how I did it when I upgraded to 32GB, and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Is there a list of the X and Y differences?
This is the list of exculsives.

What was this i was hearing about
Getting a second starter from kalos later in the story
?
From what I hear
You trade for it (anything will do) and it is the one your first choice is weak to...that should give a hint of who to trade with

Just started and can't decide if I want to play as the boy or the girl. D:
If you pick the girl you can say you are a boy in the PSS profile (the "what is your secret" question). Apparently the girl gets a lot more clothing choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom