• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackHerer

Loving the game so far.

Just one thing: horde battles are extremely annoying. I don't have any attacks that hit multiple targets and I just got crushed by a horde of lvl 5 Scraggys lol.

Kickz

ku-medium.jpg

TWILT

Banned
Just got my Pokemon Y physical copy. Going to spend way too much time into this lol.

Anyway, FC is 5284-2206-1177. Remember to send a PM if you add me!

Trey

I do like how they give you a little reprieve in order to check for stats and nature before the first rival battle.

Tucah

you speak so well
Picked up my physical copy of X just now, couldn't be more excited to dive in. If any of y'all want to add me for some battling/trading fun, my friend code is 1676-3718-7543, shoot me a PM/reply with yours. My first Pokemon game at launch since Gold!

Squall516

i still cant decide which to get X or Y!?!? >_< seems like most people are getting Y is it bc of the legendary or something else? I want Yveltal too but i also really want Mega Mewtwo and charizard X so i dont know what to do >_< lol

JackHerer

Exp. Share, off.

Switch mode, off.

Hard mode? Hard mode.

I've been playing this way too. I always turn the battle options to set. It always felt weird to me that the switching mechanics were different in PvE from PvP wifi/link battles. It makes it way too easy.

Berordn

I'm fairly new to Pokemon. Is there any reason to not let my froakie evolve ASAP?

Unevolved Pokemon tend to learn moves faster than evolved Pokemon, but in my opinion the stat increases are worth it.

In a few rare cases there's moves that only unevolved Pokemon can learn, but I don't think any of the current starters are like that.

I bought two copies and borrowed a 3DS from my friend so I can farm some female starters. I got a female Fennekin after 20 minutes of soft resetting. One down, two to go :)

TheGrue

I had it in my head that this game was coming out on Sunday since that is the typical day for Nintendo. I could have downloaded this last night! Oh, well. Downloading now.

chronosic

how am i ignorant? How was i supposed to know he was from Canada? or that Canada has thanks giving in Oct? i've only been there once and it wasn't during Oct so how would i know? And he could have just said oh well in Canada we have it in Oct. It doesn't make me ignorant not knowing that. so lay off
I know you have thanksgiving in December or whatever ungodly month : ).

Where? Nobody's been able to find how. You can change your icon on Player Search System to one of the generic trainer classes, but you don't seem to be able to take off your own.
Yeah, seems you're right. I thought I saw some images of trainers without hats but I suppose I was imagining it.

Sats

Banned
I notice that ever since Gen 3, each Gen has been bringing up your Parents as trainers more and more. There are a lot of early references to Grace, your mom, the famous Rhyhorn racer.

There should be a secret battle with her, where she uses a
MegaRhyperior

Varna

Was there a way to quickly check move descriptions in battle?

Honestly I'm really disappointed how they basically did shit to bring the interface and button usability up to standard. So many buttons could be used for short cuts especially during battles.

Sanic

Honestly I'm really disappointed how they basically did shit to bring the interface and button usability up to standard. So many buttons could be used for short cuts especially during battles.

This is really annoying.

I would say SS/HG had the best menu interface and they've just been taking side/back steps ever since.

With that said, is it confirmed we can't check move descriptions in battle?

Shahadan

Yes you use L and click on a move.

I read somewhere in game that you can press L to check what it does, but it doesn't work for me.

Other then this it's the same story for both games? :D
Yes, with minor differences.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
This is really annoying.

I would say SS/HG had the best menu interface and they've just been taking side/back steps ever since.

With that said, is it confirmed we can't check move descriptions in battle?

wut

the interface in XY is above SS/HG by virtue of having SS/HG's menu + the new interface.

And even then the complaint also affects SS/HG since it's the same - the moves don't show attributes unless you hold L/R.

Hold L or R then click a move. It's been like that since Gen IV.

What's a good size SD card to get for a 3DS? Just tried to download X and it said I didn't have enough room... I am using a 2gig at the moment.

Also, how big is this game?!?!

cackhyena

So this being my first game, I have a real simple question. Just got a handful of pokeballs and am wondering. Do I just try to collect one of every new kind of pokemon? Is that worth it, or is there a way to discern when one is better than another?

Except not everyone grind and overlevel their teams. So yeah, deactivating the exp share does make the game more challenging :p

I'm planning to only turn it on post-game when I want to evolve stuff for Pokedex reasons. It's really useful for that and not as much of a pain as it was in previous gens.

Busaiku

What's a good size SD card to get for a 3DS? Just tried to download X and it said I didn't have enough room... I am using a 2gig at the moment.

Also, how big is this game?!?!

Don't think a 2 GB card will cut it for this.
This game is 1.7 GB, and with all the 3DS stuff, I dunno if there'd be enough room.

Dr. Buni

So this being my first game, I have a real simple question. Just got a handful of pokeballs and am wondering. Do I just try to collect one of every new kind of pokemon? Is that worth it, or is there a way to discern when one is better than another?
Some people like to catch every Pokémon in the game, some others catch only the best ones or the ones they plan to use/like the design/etc. There isn't a correct or best way to play. Personally, I think catching every Pokémon I find is a big waste of time, but that is just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom