• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got home from work. This is my first pokemon since blue and red.. I went digital thanks to that free $30 promotion, I also went with X since its blue lol. Time to play =]

Darkchrono25

Neo Member
My apologies for a newbie question. I havent played since Blue/Red

Why is my Froakie a really light sky blue? He also sparkles when he comes out of his pokeball..

Just noticed this on my first fight. Kinda bummed he isnt darker blue like the trailers :\

You just got a shiny version! Very rare to get and its color variant is one of the attribute he get. He is also supposely stronger than the regular version.

My apologies for a newbie question. I havent played since Blue/Red

Why is my Froakie a really light sky blue? He also sparkles when he comes out of his pokeball..

Just noticed this on my first fight. Kinda bummed he isnt darker blue like the trailers :\

Holy shit, I haven't gotten more than 1 in 10 years and this guy just gets it on his first Pokemon since Red/Blue. LMAO

Rarity is 1/8092 or something last gen. But it might have been raised this gen.

I...saw someone trade in his 3DS towards a 2DS. The costumer didn't even know if XY worked on 2DS AND 3DS. That's what you get for cutting infront of me chump. Anyways #teamY Froakie Charmander

Berordn

Seriously? So I can't use the circle pad to move normally anymore? I don't like moving this fast. This is a game breaking thing to me. I'm going to have to restart my game now. Shit.

It's impossible to avoid getting them. Outdoors the circle pad will trigger roller skates, indoors it'll be normal walking.

Uh.. What?

Is this rare or something? Also wtf.. I just started playing 3 mins ago

They're not as rare as they once were, but still pretty damn rare. They were introduced in G/S/C when they colored all the sprites.

Irminsul

Seriously? So I can't use the circle pad to move normally anymore? I don't like moving this fast. This is a game breaking thing to me. I'm going to have to restart my game now. Shit.
Well, you can't get around it, can you? You can't access the first arena until you get the roller skates.

Does anyone want a Vivillion with the Elegant pattern?
1203 - 9402 - 8938
You can trade me what you like, I just levelled it to see the pattern. (Well, don't trade me a level 2 Caterpie, I just took one up to Butterfree!)

Squall516

anyone know if it is possible to also get all 3 of the gen one starters? I thought i read someone mentioning that you get them by trading someone? So can u like pick one trade it and then reset and pick the other 2 and have them traded back? anyone think that would work?

CoolS

anyone know if it is possible to also get all 3 of the gen one starters? I thought i read someone mentioning that you get them by trading someone? So can u like pick one trade it and then reset and pick the other 2 and have them traded back? anyone think that would work?

That would work yes. If you can wait a week or so, people will start to breed the starters and it will be pretty easy to get them.

Well, you can't get around it, can you? You can't access the first arena until you get the roller skates.

Why the hell did they map it to the circle pad? Why didn't they make it possible to take them off? This is ridiculous. It would be fine if the DPad was actually in a slightly ergonomic position though.

Mr Swine

Banned
So someone traded me a pikachu, I shouldn't worry about it messing my game up? Like people cheating in Pokemon to get Pokemon? Or is it safe right now?

Squall516

That would work yes. If you can wait a week or so, people will start to breed the starters and it will be pretty easy to get them.

oh ya thats very true, didnt think about people breeding them lol. You think it will be easy to trade someone and get all 3 later on? and would you still be able to use Mega for the other 2 that u dont initially choose?

Berordn

So someone traded me a pikachu, I shouldn't worry about it messing my game up? Like people cheating in Pokemon to get Pokemon? Or is it safe right now?

The servers generally detect crazy and dangerous hacks, and right now there's no way to modify a Pokemon and get them into the game anyway.

CoolS

A Pikachu right now is nothing special. I'd worry if you got some Legendary or soemthing ^^

CoolS

oh ya thats very true, didnt think about people breeding them lol. You think it will be easy to trade someone and get all 3 later on? and would you still be able to use Mega for the other 2 that u dont initially choose?

It should be quite easy if you ask soemone in PokeGAF yes.

You can buy the stones for the other 2 starter so Mega evolutions are possible but they seem to be quite expensive in the beginning.

Berordn

If you have a 1 in 8000 chance of getting it, then plenty of people out of the millions that buy this game will get a shiny on their first try.

It's probably much higher now, actually. They reported that they wanted to make them a little more common and we've seen almost all the shiny variations of the new ones so they're a lot more plentiful than they used to be.

Daaamn, super training is legit. I expected it to be sort of a novelty but really it's taking half the time of normal EV training, and you can start doing it before you even get your first wild encounter. So glad I'm able to EV train the second I get a Pokemon. Got an adamant male Chespin my first try without having to restart once.

These are the muscles that will make the future bright!

If you have a 1 in 8000 chance of getting it, then plenty of people out of the millions that buy this game will get a shiny on their first try.
That would be fine if the guy wasn't so obvious with the "aw shucks" routine...

Anyway, so does just any general SD card work for the 3ds? And you can just copy the files from one to the other on a computer? Also, anyone know where to get a nice cheap one?

Ashodin

Daaamn, super training is legit. I expected it to be sort of a novelty but really it's taking half the time of normal EV training, and you can start doing it before you even get your first wild encounter. So glad I'm able to EV train the second I get a Pokemon. Got an adamant male Chespin my first try without having to restart once.

These are the muscles that will make the future bright!
It's scary how fun it is

Neoxon

Good news, my little brother picked up X.

Bad news, our 3DS has been missing within the house for months and we have yet to find it.

Galang

Banned

Yeah this is silly. I don't like using the roller skates, but prefer using the circle pad.

Pudge

Having a great time so far :D

If any GAFfers want to add me, my FC is 4511-0737-8283. PM me if you do so I can add you back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom