• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

olimpia84

First wild Pokemon I run into...a Pidgey. I feel right at home!

lol same for me
Game looks good and it's pretty fun so far, the only minor gripe I have is that those fire/water/plant monkey Pokemons are available to catch right at the beginning somewaht defeating the purpose of the starters

Nicko

I have noticed a lot of people commenting on how good they think this game looks. Is anyone else playing on an OG 3DS, because I am and I don't think this game looks that great at all.. Its really disappointing that the game doesn't use 3D very much, and when it does, it stutters like crazy.. I am actually one of those people who really enjoys the 3D effect, and typically cranks it up to the max.

When I say I don't think it looks that great, I am comparing it to another game I have played a ton of: Monster Hunter 3 U, and on 3DS, it continues to amaze me how good it looks: tons of high poly monsters running around, great textures, and while running full 3D at around 30-45fps.

Another question is about the textures: how come they seem fairly low quality? The Pokedex 3D that is available on eshop shows Pokemon looking fantastic in 3D with great textures and lighting.. How come they didn't just use those models?

And the slowdown during battles in 3D while no particles or heavy poly counts are on screen makes no sense to me..

Finally, I have just one more question about 3D vs non 3D colors; does anyone else notice a color difference when 3D is on or not? When 3D is turned on for me, white looks very white and other colors look more vibrant, yet when 3D is turned off (small horizontal lines can be seen) white tends to look more brownish, as do all other colors.

Other than the visual gripes, I am totally enjoying this game! Yay for new pokemon!!

Shahadan

Wonder Trade is cool but pretty useless, all I'm getting is early route fodder. At least I'm getting foreign Dex entries

I'm guessing it'll probably be more interesting once people actually get farther than the beginning. Especially when they start doing eggs and can then dump their faulty natures that way.

I'm not trusting people toi make good use of it though.

OceanBlue

I think you can just copy the contents of your old SD card onto your PC (drag and drop). Then insert your new SD card into your PC and copy the files over to the new card. You want to do this before you start using your new card on the 3DS though. I think that's how I did it when I upgraded to 32GB, and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Yep, this is how I did it too. If you already inserted the new SD card in the 3DS and it stuck whatever files on there, you can just substitute those files with the ones from the old SD card.

I love how smooth and easy the interface is sometimes - switching Pokemon in the "Pokemon" screen by just dragging and dropping their bars, smooth and *fast* management of Pokemon in the PC, Restore buttons to take you straight to status/HP recovery items...

Also, I spent like an hour on the Amie puzzle game. Got so many cakes... So good.

Squall516

i got a question, i dont have 3ds yet but my firend was going to let me play the copy of pokemon X that im going to get on his 3ds. Now how does the pokebank work is it tied to the game or the 3ds ? bc you can only have one account on a 3ds at a time right? Was just curious bc im interested in trying to get all 3 of the starters ^_^

jokkir

Anyone have that image that shows what exclusives are for X and for Y? Still deciding but leaning towards Y for the better looking exclusives (imo)

Busaiku

i got a question, i dont have 3ds yet but my firend was going to let me play the copy of pokemon X that im going to get on his 3ds. Now how does the pokebank work is it tied to the game or the 3ds ? bc you can only have one account on a 3ds at a time right? Was just curious bc im interested in trying to get all 3 of the starters ^_^

Don't think it's tied to 3DS or anything.
But it's still almost 3 months away...

KarmaCow

I just traded Dream Team in for this, I have no real intention of playing yet but I do want to activate any streetpass stuff asap. Does that only get unlocked later and if so, how far into the game?

Magnus

Do passers by ever accept battle requests? :(

I offered a common level 3 bug type up in wonder and some chap in the UK sent over a Pikachu. Lol

bjork

Had a line at Target, but I got myself a copy of X. Between this and my ongoing Animal Crossing addiction, I'm good through the holidays, I think.

Dr. Buni

Most people seem to be clocking in at 30 hours to beat the elite 4, a couple outliers finishing much faster.

While 30 is the expected for a Pokemon game, I've heard people saying the main story lasted 40 hrs for them. Well, I have almost 8 hrs clocked and I am yet to battle the 2nd leader, but it is not like that mean much.

I went by the local GameStop earlier this morning. There was already a small line.

For the record, at the time, the store wouldn't open for two hours. It still isn't open yet.

This game is... so weird. It doesn't feel like a Pokemon game. It sort of feels like a(nother) JRPG. The game's presentation pretty much changed drastically, somehow more than Black and White did. The overworld, 3D graphics, music and SFX... It is really weird because it is clearly Pokemon but not. It's especially weird when battling a gym leader.

I don't mean that in a bad way, btw. In fact, it's pretty cool in a way. But it's just nothing like I expected at all.

Okay so I got X through the e-shop, and in order to DL it I had to delete crimson shroud. So I guess its time to buy a new SD card so I can have more space but can that be done? Can I just buy a new SD card and somehow transfer everything over? Do you need a specific proprietary thing. And either way, if you can transfer how exactly do you go about it?

CoolS

While 30 is the expected for a Pokemon game, I've heard people saying the main story lasted 40 hrs for them. Well, I have almost 8 hrs clocked and I am yet to battle the 2nd leader, but it is not like that mean much.

I was starting to think I'm doing something wrong ^^

Almost 11 hours in and I finally reached the second gym!

ivysaur12

Banned
It's insane how great the online system is in this game. Is this really a Nintendo game?

I just asked 3 random people to do a 4 player battle. It was awesome. One of them then asked me a single battle and the game asked if I wanted to put them on my 3DS friend list. Too cool.

Wow. Woah. I haven't played around with that yet. But wow.

Anyone know where Togepi is? If anywhere?

Always wanted to get a 3ds. So today i went out and bought the blue pokemon 3ds xl and pokemon x.

ahy7.jpg

You can add me if you want, need some 3ds friends : 3926 - 5547 - 2714

My apologies for a newbie question. I havent played since Blue/Red

Why is my Froakie a really light sky blue? He also sparkles when he comes out of his pokeball..

Just noticed this on my first fight. Kinda bummed he isnt darker blue like the trailers :\

Berordn

Why is my Froakie a really light sky blue? He also sparkles when he comes out of his pokeball..

Just noticed this on my first fight. Kinda bummed he isnt darker blue like the trailers :\

...you have a shiny Froakie. They're rare, alternate colored variations. Hold onto it, it'll pay off when it evolves.

Regiruler

It's on Quilladin. I'm not entirely sure why she got a bug attack. I think I'll just skip it. Might just be the usual junk before the tier attacks start rolling in

That reminds me: the new protect + leech is going to be the tits.

Holy shit I think yours is shiny. It was a mechanic introduced in second gen.

CoolS

Because you are one lucky motherfucker and apparently have a shiny one!

Dr. Buni

Your Froakie is likely a shiny. That means it has a different color scheme and it sparkles every time you sent it into a battle.

Mr Swine

Banned

Just noticed this on my first fight. Kinda bummed he isnt darker blue like the trailers :

You have a shiny froakie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom