• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Guess I'm showing my scrubbiness in X. Got to the first town with the Gym and I have:
- Fennekin
- Dunsparce
- Panpour
- Torchic
- Pikachu

Am I ok? I haven't played since HeartGold and I jut got the roller skates. I keep hearing people talk about EV and EXP share etc. I'm confused lol.

Grabbed my copy of Y before work. I was able to put in about half an hour before leaving but the little I got to play was great.
I've never stayed on routes so long as I have in this game before. So many Pokémon in each one..

FaintDeftone

Just picked up Y and put about 45min into it.

I love how the mother in every Pokemon game is so quick to let their child run around the world with strangers and wild animals with little to no concern.

DaBoss

Guess I'm showing my scrubbiness in X. Got to the first town with the Gym and I have:
- Fennekin
- Dunsparce
- Panpour
- Torchic
- Pikachu

Am I ok? I haven't played since HeartGold and I jut got the roller skates. I keep hearing people talk about EV and EXP share etc. I'm confused lol.
Depends on the level of your Pokemon. That team seems like it has a good variety.

Don't worry about EVs unless you wanna play competitively online or something.

EXP Share is something you'll get after the first gym and you get an explanation of what it does.

Magnus

Wonder trading is hilarious. Feels like gambling. Japanese players are showering me with Pikachu. Are they super common in the JPN version or something? Lol

The game doesn't force you to save after a wonder trade though. Does that mean that if you get a Pokémon you don't like and wonder trade, you could simply soft reset your game and get your original Pokémon back?

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Froakie is my little champion so far! I'm in heaven again, there's nothing like a new Pokemon game rolling on around again. <3

Please add me so we can be united worldly Pokemon Trainers! My Friend Code is 1547-5174-9776.

Wonder trading is hilarious. Feels like gambling. Japanese players are showering me with Pikachu. Are they super common in the JPN version or something? Lol

I feel like I robbed some poor Japanese chump of his Flabébé, in exchange for some Caterpie I just picked up out of the blue. Sorry, Japanese person! :(

I went to Toys R Us to get one of them. I couldn't decide and saw they had a B1G1 40% off so I bought both... :\

I haven't played a game since Diamond (never got more than 5-6 hours in), so this will be my first game since Red. GEN1! WOO!
KuGsj.gif

I'm surprised that the EShop servers survived last night. Downloaded X (girl character), going to buy a physical copy of Y (male character).

The game starts slow, but I like the sudden world building (Is this
the first time that the main games aknowledge pokemon as war assets
?)

Are people really having trouble finding Pikachus? I couldn't stop running into the little buggers.

Game is fantastic so far. Beat the first gym and got the second starter.

My team so far is:

Quilladin
Charmander
Pikachu*
Psyduck*
Flabebe*

*Will probably exchange for something else later. I'm digging this EXP share though. Now I can experiment with different Pokémon in battles without the sacrifice for EXP on trainers.

Magnus

Froakie is my little champion so far! I'm in heaven again, there's nothing like a new Pokemon game rolling on around again. <3

Please add me so we can be united worldly Pokemon Trainers! My Friend Code is 1547-5174-9776.

I feel like I robbed some poor Japanese chump of his Flabébé, in exchange for some Caterpie I just picked up out of the blue. Sorry, Japanese person! :(

People should know it's a gamble....or do they? The game never specifies that it's a permanent random trade....

I'm half expecting toss a Weedle in there and receive a Xerneas or something from an unsuspecting player that didn't realize how Wonder Trades work.

Shoyz

I'm surprised that the EShop servers survived last night. Downloaded X (girl character), going to buy a physical copy of Y (male character).

The game starts slow, but I like the sudden world building (Is this
the first time that the main games aknowledge pokemon as war assets
?)

There was that one Gym leader that mentions a war in Gen1 wasn't it?
One NPC in Y has a disturbing war poem, maybe that's what you're talking about though.

ck2875

Anyway, so does just any general SD card work for the 3ds? And you can just copy the files from one to the other on a computer? Also, anyone know where to get a nice cheap one?

I picked this 32 GB SD card up off of Amazon a month ago for 19.57 (it's now 22.50). Transferring from my SD card that came with the 3DS XL was as simple as copying its contents to my PC and then copying that over to the new card.

flabbie is so common. i was just running so often after the first 1./

Magnus

This feels really fucking cool. I've been playing less than two hours and have this crazy ass team of Pokemon assembled from gifts, my own catches and trades from players in France, the UK, Japan and Germany. It's insane. Do you think this was the pipe dream vision of the Pokemon creators 17 years ago?

X/Y so effortlessly make you feel like part of a global Pokemon community in a way the previous games didn't. Love it.

Pudge

Where is Ralts? I haven't seen one yet, and everyone on the GTS is ridiculous as usual. I'd love to trade someone for one if they have an extra!

I'm about to talk about a feature that I haven't used so drop-kick me if I'm shouting nonsense, but it seems like wonder trade would be better if there was an invisible player rating. For example, after the trade occurs, you can either thumbs-up or thumbs-down the Pokemon that you recieved. If a player consistently gets good reviews, they get placed with other players who do quality trades; on the other side, the bad trainers get stuck in bidoof limbo for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom