• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casanova

I am seriously contemplating selling my PS3 and games (the last of us, diablo 3, and Saints Row IV) for a 3DSXL and Pokemon x/y.

It would be without question if Dark Souls 2 was coming out for the PS4 instead of just the PS3...

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Heh, for a future playthrough it might be interesting to get six pokemon from Wonder Trade and do a playthrough just using those. Never know what you might get.

Combine Nuzlocke Challenge with Wonder Trade, then never catch anything the entire playthrough.

MAKE IT SO

Heyt

Banned
I can't claim all the credit, someone else told me exactly the same thing earlier in the spoiler thread! Good luck catching a Seviper though, I found it very tricky.

It really is, but it helped me noticing I could do things with honey and get nice Pokes to appar! I want to try out different zones with it.

It really is, but it helped me noticing I could do things with honey and get nice Pokes to appar! I want to try out different zones with it.

Are you trying to catch everything you can? There are a lot of Pokemon which are Horde exclusives, such as Nosepass and Yanma on Route 10, Scraggy on Route 5, Taillow on Route 8 and Mareep on Route 12.

Teknoman

I've never played a pokemon game and am considering playing this one, and have a couple questions. Is this a series where you need a guide for a lot of stuff in the game, or is most of it intuitive? Further to that point, is stuff missable/can you make 'mistakes' - or can you just play normally without a guide etc. then use one to do obscure things later if you need to?

You can use a guide or ask later. There really arent any mistakes to be made...aside from killing a legendary and accidentally saving afterwards.

Magnus

Uh, no? It would just increase the time it takes to catch up.

While you're catching your new one up, why not have the others moving up too? They're not getting the same amount it is.

Having it off seems like deliberate self-sabotage. Haha

Hahahaha Wonder Trade is the best thing ever

Deposit Panpour, receive some poor kid's Bulbasaur
Watch him try to send me trade requests afterwards

Oh man, haha.

I don't get it...wouldn't more xp for all just help with that catching up? Lol

There's literally no downside to exp. share in this game, which is why some consider it an "easy mode" as it cuts back on experience grinding. Some people enjoy the grind. I personally enjoy training a Pokemon on a one-on-one level. The thought of training a whole team without ever using any of them makes me sad.

Having it off seems like deliberate self-sabotage. Haha

Yes, it's a personal handicap.

I've never played a pokemon game and am considering playing this one, and have a couple questions. Is this a series where you need a guide for a lot of stuff in the game, or is most of it intuitive? Further to that point, is stuff missable/can you make 'mistakes' - or can you just play normally without a guide etc. then use one to do obscure things later if you need to?

You can always go back and catch more Pokémon. Legendaries are one of a kind but I don't think you can make them leave forever now if you kill them instead of catching them.

Basically, there really isn't anything missable that you won't immediately know is missable.

Dr. Buni

Crazy. Why would anyone have this turned off?

It is simple. People who want a bit more of a challenge from the game will certainly have the feature turned off or else their teams will be overleveled in a blink. I hate having my Pokémon overleveled (by that, I mean with higher levels than the trainers I am currently facing in the game). It just feel like cheating to me. That has nothing to do with "self-sabotage".

Hahahaha Wonder Trade is the best thing ever

Deposit Panpour, receive some poor kid's Bulbasaur
Watch him try to send me trade requests afterwards

It's pretty ridiculous, I traded my Pansear for a level 35 Trubbish, then traded that for a Panpour, and just got a level 21 Pikachu with a Japanese nickname.

Magnus

There's literally no downside to exp. share in this game, which is why some consider it an "easy mode" as it cuts back on experience grinding. Some people enjoy the grind. I personally enjoy training a Pokemon on a one-on-one level. The thought of training a whole team without ever using any of them makes me sad.

It is simple. People who want a bit more of a challenge from the game will certainly have the feature turned off or else their teams will be overleveled in a blink.

Guess I can understand this. I'd rather spend 100 hours with the game instead of 150. Less time grinding is a great option for me.

Atrarock

That would be brilliant. Yes.
I...really would not want that. Some of the anime voices are overly obnoxious as it is that they would better off all be talking. Pikachu's a random special exception for some reason, leave everything else as it is.

Hopefully I'm the only person on earth that named their trainer what I named them
Dan Green.

Dr. Buni

Guess I can understand this. I'd rather spend 100 hours with the game instead of 150. Less time grinding is a great option for me.
Yeah, but it is not like I lose time grinding. I just don't grind at all. For example, I challenged the second gym leader with a level 20 Honedge and a level 21 Spritzee.

OceanBlue

You don't have to grind lol. The people who aren't using Exp. Share are probably not grinding to make up for the experience lost. They're just going through the game with less total experience shared between their team.

All of my Pokemon are getting Hardy/Quirky. D:

MicH

I have a few questions. How does one evolve Panchum? Is it a dusk stone? Mine is level 44 and Dtill hasn't evolved - nor have Zi found a dusk stone.

Also where is the move deleter?

CaptainMoose

Neo Member
Wow, this is my first time really playing Pokemon since Blue and DAMN its good!

Edit: and why does everybody want X more than Y? I grabbed Y because I liked the Pokemon on the cover better.

ck2875

I wasn't about to pick the first suggested nickname.

BWZPp-hIcAAKSTH.jpg

Teknoman

How do you obtain your free tochic pokemon I've tried to search for gift but it won't get it.

Search via internet, should download. Of course after you've started your game already.

Also YAY! I couldnt find a Pansear...kept running into Pikachu, but my first wonder trade netted me one! Traded a Pikachu nicked named P-Star.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I really wish the whole game was in 3D. They tease you with it and it's clear they had to disable the feature for performance reasons in the overworld.

Hopefully this is just a temporary solution for the first 3DS generation title, they should be able to improve the game's performance with any future versions. There are so many parts of the game that are begging for 3D.

How do you obtain your free tochic pokemon I've tried to search for gift but it won't get it.

Go to the main menu. Select Mystery Gift. Select the Get Via Internet option. I had to try it three times to get it to work, the first two times it said 'no gifts could be found' or something. Launch day traffic I guess.

Nester

I'm really impressed with the game so far, but I have to say, the controls suck. There isn't any true analog control and character movement is still within a grid and my character keeps running into shit. If I try to talk to a character I have to spend a few seconds trying to align my character correctly.

This was my first impression as well. Talking to characters sucks.

Dartastic

Gamefly keep it now price for me is 31.49. Yep. I am okay with waiting until Monday or Tuesday to save nine dollars. Plus Tuesday is my birthday, so that'll be a nice little present.
BUT I WANT IT NOW

Wonder Trade is amazing.

Already got my homie Dunsparce and I also got a Pikachu and a Snorlax!
I only ever throw in things like Caterpie and Scatterbug

ivysaur12

Banned
I just did something I laughed at but I'm not proud of.

Caught a female Snorlax and named her Jane after the lead of the show I work on, which is about a fat lawyer named Jane. Forgive me, Brooke.

Trey

I have a few questions. How does one evolve Panchum? Is it a dusk stone? Mine is level 44 and Dtill hasn't evolved - nor have Zi found a dusk stone.

Also where is the move deleter?

Evolve by leveling up with another Dark type in your party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom