• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnus

Do traded Pokemon via wonder trade receive boosted xp as well?

And do all traded pokemon receive boosted xp via Exp Share?

Decided to wait till morning and get a physical copy so I could trade the game in down the road when a fully 3D version comes out.

At least the beginning is in 3d! I was waiting for a made for the 3DS version and I guess I'm gonna take what I'm fed in that regard now.

Besides that, I now know another physical human who plays Pokemon so I'm assuming that'll increase my pleasure....plus the antlered Pokemon on X just looks badass.

Stuart444

Just checking but while connected to the internet, did anyone else get a lot of disconnections today? Seems like every 10 minute, I got an error/disconnected after being connected for a while.

Also whenever I hit the home button, it disconnects it though that isn't much of an issue, just when I am playing the game normally and it disconnects me, does it annoy me.

Magnus

Meanwhile, all this online play and 3D play has decimated my full 3DS battery. 2 hours and the thing's indicator turned red.

Also, random observation: the 3DS' speakers are fucking atrocious. Slap some headphones on guys. The music in this game deserves it.

Ultimadrago

My Fennekin is modest and my Charmander is lonely. Is that good or bad natures for them?

I made sure my Fennekin was Modest in order to maximize on its solid Special Attack. I wouldn't go Lonely with Charizard as its base Special Attack is greater than its Physical and it needs Defense. I'd go Timid. Though Charizard X seems to be very physically inclined, so things will work out better for it if you're going that route.

Magnus

I've never paid attention to nature before. Is it something I really need to be concerned with if I'm not going to be one of those hard-core post game players and just want to catch em all?

Love the fact that trading is pretty fast; Canada, USA, France, Japan, Taiwan, Luxembourg... all on the fly.

Also love the fact that everything is so fast in the UI, and that trading can be done anywhere. Having to go back to a Pokémon center for everything would be just terrible. Game freak really seems to be doing everything right with this one.

PowderedToast

not a huge fan of the pacing, it's too fast. barely feel like i've settled in at all

the online features are extremely robust, game freak should be commended for going the extra mile and then some

I made sure my Fennekin was Modest in order to maximize on its solid Special Attack. I wouldn't go Lonely with Charizard as its base Special Attack is greater than its Physical. I'd go Timid. Though Charizard X seems to be very physically inclined, so things will work out better for it if you're going that route.

Charizard has both good attack and Sp attack stats so Jolly or Timid might not be a good idea if you want it to be a mixed attacker since those natures lower Sp Attack and Attack respectively. Mixed attackers usually go for Naive(+speed, -spdef) or Hasty(+speed, -def).

Magnus

Is Exp Share cutting down on the xp my lead Pokemon is getting like it used to? Sure doesn't feel like it.

Also thanks to everyone who's been answering my questions.

Kyzon

Anyone have a low level meinfoo?

My FC is in my profile. Just PM me if you'd like to trade.

Edit: lol, I was asking for shiny by accident

Ultimadrago

Charizard has both good attack and Sp attack stats so Jolly or Timid might not be a good idea if you want it to be a mixed attacker since those natures lower Sp Attack and Attack respectively. Mixed attackers usually go for Naive(+speed, -spdef) or Hasty(+speed, -def).

Its best moves are Special, so I prefer going all the way with it rather than mixing Physical. I don't know if they wanted a mixed attacker out of it, but I'd go Special Sweeper. I wouldn't take down (S)Defense as those are Charizard's more mediocre stats and he needs them as is.

3D fly cam behind a bird that attacks me in bed!!!! Wake up...FLAT WORLD.

On the plus side, I got out of bed and immediately touched the internet button on the bottom screen and my friends and random people showed up.....that's awesome!

I like connectivity.

Zelias

Banned
Heh, for a future playthrough it might be interesting to get six pokemon from Wonder Trade and do a playthrough just using those. Never know what you might get.

veras

I've never played a pokemon game and am considering playing this one, and have a couple questions. Is this a series where you need a guide for a lot of stuff in the game, or is most of it intuitive? Further to that point, is stuff missable/can you make 'mistakes' - or can you just play normally without a guide etc. then use one to do obscure things later if you need to?

FaintDeftone

I'm really impressed with the game so far, but I have to say, the controls suck. There isn't any true analog control and character movement is still within a grid and my character keeps running into shit. If I try to talk to a character I have to spend a few seconds trying to align my character correctly.

Pudge

Is Exp Share cutting down on the xp my lead Pokemon is getting like it used to? Sure doesn't feel like it.

Also thanks to everyone who's been answering my questions.

No, I'm pretty sure the lead Pokemon gets Full XP and everyone else gets Half XP. So yea, it's pretty great.

Teknoman

Whoa?! Is this a Megaton or am I reading the wrong way:

You can ACTUALLY CHANGE THE MUSIC in a vs battle against other players?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom