• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadist

Also love the fact that everything is so fast in the UI, and that trading can be done anywhere. Having to go back to a Pokémon center for everything would be just terrible. Game freak really seems to be doing everything right with this one.
Yeah, Game Freak did an amazing job.

To think fourteen years ago I was happy when my nephew brought along his linkcable and a copy of Blue lol

ivysaur12

Banned
I've seen that show! :p

12th try.

Nope.

ayci8kL.jpg

Oh boy. Poor Brooke.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Did u order this morning?

I preordered it, but it was originally predicted to get here between the 18th - 23rd. I checked the tracking and it didn't even start shipping until yesterday. I guess there must be a distribution warehouse in my state. That would explain why I had to pay tax as well.

Sadist

Does wonder trade attempt to match levels for the traded Pokémon?
Nah. I traded (which I got in a previous wondertrade) a Azuril (lvl 4) for a Pansear at lvl 20.

Only use lowlevel fodder. There is always a pour soul who trades something valuable :p

OceanBlue

I think this is the first time I've ever filled up my team so quickly. Usually I run 4-5 until halfway through the game, but I'm having to choose between Pokemon and I'm not even at the second gym yet...

Zelias

Banned
Heh, got challenged by a random passerby on the PSS. Tried to go a little easy on his second-stage pokemon considering all but two of my team are fully evolved...

Also while you wait for your opponent's move, stats for both players appear on screen. I saw # of Link Battles and # of Eggs Hatched but there are no doubt others.

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know if there's an easy way to DECREASE EVs in X and Y? Can you do it later through Super Training, perhaps?

Yes. I already fully trained my starter with its evs at level 10. There is a reset bag you can get that resets all the ev points so that you may retrain it as you wish.

cdkee

Banned
How do you get the Charmander? I just started the game and was offered only the new starters? I picked Fennekin, but I want to know before I go too far? Thanks

AEGISX

Banned
what are the HMs , and which pokemon is the best HM slave obtainable in the game?
I was going to make my charizard a HM slave then it can't learn flash!? wtf, what a shame!!

I wasn't about to pick the first suggested nickname.

BWZPp-hIcAAKSTH.jpg

Li'l C?

00463.gif

That or someone's a Final Fantasy fan.

Also, (minor regional backstory speculation)
the fact that Pokemon were used extensively in royalty and war doesn't surprise me. Isn't this Poke-France? Anyone who's studied French history knows that France, despite the Americanized stereotype of being cheese-eating surrender monkeys we know today, is pretty much fucking known for royalty and war and not much else. French Revolution, anyone?

Sadist

This is the first time I'm bummed out about the 3DS missing out on Miiverse. The current social functions are pretty rad, but with some Miiverse action it could have been even better. Oh well, I guess that's something we'll see with the next installment.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
what are the HMs , and which pokemon is the best HM slave obtainable in the game?
I was going to make my charizard a HM slave then it can't learn flash!? wtf, what a shame!!

Using a Charizard as an HM slave? That's monstrous.

Etzer

I'm at the first gym. I tried Wonder Trade just now. I gave a level 4 Panpour and got a level 37 Garbodor. I feel like I cheated OT Francois. lol

jred2k

HMs are moves that can't be unlearned once they are taught. You can use them to interact with the world such as cutting down trees for hidden routes or swimming.

I don't know who the best slave would be, just don't use an HM on a starter Pokemon or anything else you'll only get one of.

MicH

I LOVE how easy it is to battle with friends. I've battled SeZmehk a few times and it's FUN :D Also I just caught a Goomy!

Zelias

Banned
I'm at the first gym. I tried Wonder Trade just now. I gave a level 4 Simipour and got a level 37 Garbodor. I feel like I cheated OT Francois. lol
I've only been catching one of each new poke I come across, but I really should catch some Wonder Trade fodder and try it out haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom