• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZZMitch

This may have been discussed before but I really liked the Pokedex feature in Black/White where you could see if you had caught every Pokemon in an area. I dont see it in this game though, am I just missing it?

Kinokou

Anyone soft resetting for gender with prof Platan? You can see a female if she's in the battle, right? I haven't seen one yet and I'm starting to lose faith.

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
This Wonder Trade will at least always be useful for getting foreign Pokemon. Got 2 Japanese Pokemon in my last 2 trades.

Why are you interested in foreign pokemon? I loathe them. Especially since I presumably cannot change their nicknames which are in goddam Korean, Japanese, and who knows what else. -_-

Fireblend

Banned
This game is so good. Been playing for like 3 hours, right about to do the first gym and I feel like I've only scratched the surface in Pokemonamie and Super Training, not to mention all of the online/local interaction options.

The amount of content in this game is just ridiculous.

Also, do add me to your friend codes! FC in profile, and PM me if you did :D

Magnus

Tip to get something important early on to help with catching Pokemon:

Sycamore's lab assistant in the second town has the TM for false swipe

Also the music in Sycamore's lab is fucking awesome. Has a fun French flavor to it.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Seriously I can't believe my luck. I see topics with people who resetted for 6 hours to get a female Fennekin. Team Lady Fennekin, represent!

Acheteedo

Is it best to dedicate a tonne of time to special training as soon as you get a pokemon you want in your squad? Should the intention be to max out those EVs as soon as possible before they enter another fight?

KHlover

Banned
How exactly does Super-Training work? I know it is supposed to be EV-Training, but even after getting all 30 medals I don't notice any difference in stat increase during level up. (Only increased Sp.Atk and Speed, so it should be pretty noticeable).

Fireblend

Banned
So how should I be trainingy froakie on Super Training? Is there an EV training guide for Kalos pokemon already somewhere or something along those lines?

Linkhero1

I went to the midnight launch in Downtown San Francisco last night and snapped a few pics. I was almost embarassed to be a Pokemon fan. There was a mix of people but holy shit the people at the front scared me the most. They were singing the Pokemon TV show intro in harmony together for a bit. There were roughly 300-400 people in line give or take. Surprise surprise no children spotted. They were also selling 2DS which I must say looked pretty cool. I was tempted to buy one.

If anyone cares, I got Y. Fuck X :)

Sorry for the quality.
Io2kPGM.jpg

TiHxlVZ.jpg

plesLQj.jpg

hhHaBzI.jpg

jGSmPTr.jpg

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
Is it best to dedicate a tonne of time to special training as soon as you get a pokemon you want in your squad? Should the intention be to max out those EVs as soon as possible before they enter another fight?

My suggestion is to first and foremost, get the good natures for the pokemon you want to train. Then level them up and play through the game. Later on, just use a reset bag on the pokemon's EVs and train it then.

I love this game so much because I can actually forget to worry to train my EVs the moment I get a pokemon because now I can just reset them.

Magnus

Seriously I can't believe my luck. I see topics with people who resetted for 6 hours to get a female Fennekin. Team Lady Fennekin, represent!

Are female starters rare in this game? Have they always been rare? I always thought it was a 50-50 chance.

Also, can someone remind me why having female is important? Does female pass on abilities or species to its offspring? I'm pretty sure it was one of those two.

Is it me or are the GTS trades WAY more reasonable than they ever were before? I mean half of them are still stupid lopsided trades but that's way better than the shitload of lvl 1 legendary requests we've had up until now.

Roto13

My first Wonder Trade was a zigzagoon for a Pikachu. Nice!
And it actually says "Pikachu" with a voice like the cartoon.

Resuming my journey now after adding like 20 GAFFERs lol. Nintendo really needs to work on their adding friends list.

If you want me to add you then PM me.

Anyways choose Froakie and will likely get Bulba since I got Torchic. But I might just go with Charmander because freaking Charizard X! Got X version BTW.

Vire

Hey would anyone be kind enough to trade me a Chespin? I really would like a starting lineup with Froakie, Chespin and Charmander...

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Are female starters rare in this game? Have they always been rare? I always thought it was a 50-50 chance.

Also, can someone remind me why having female is important? Does female pass on abilities or species to its offspring? I'm pretty sure it was one of those two.

starters always have a 7:1 male to female ratio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom