• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varna

Crazy. Why would anyone have this turned off?

It just feels completely wrong. It's practically encouraging you to use only your starter. It's nice that it is there for those who want something easier but yeah, it completely breaks the game balance.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Posted on the last page but

Can anyone tell me when you can get a Charmander?

After you beat the first gym, once you reach the big city it's the first thing you do. You pick from the 3 Kanto starters.

hemtae

Just beat the first gym with a lvl 14 riolu, a level 15 Fletching and a future hm slave zigzagoon. Turns out I had that place massively out gunned.

Charmander come to me.

ezekial45

Banned
I haven't played a Pokemon game since Pokemon Silver for the GBC.

Should I try this out? It's making me feel a bit nostalgic, and it looks pretty damn cool.

was planning on getting a charmander... but my combustion is already lvl 18 >.>"

shiiieeeet. choices of life.

Also holly fuck is 3D half assed as shit in this. kills the framerate and there is barely any depth or layers. disappointed in yall nintendo.

It just feels completely wrong. It's practically encouraging you to use only your starter. It's nice that it is there for those who want something easier but yeah, it completely breaks the game balance.
Actually i wonder what happens to ep etc due to exp share..

daxy

I haven't played a Pokemon game since Pokemon Silver for the GBC.

Should I try this out? It's making me feel a bit nostalgic, and it looks pretty damn cool.

It's got a good mix of old and new Pokemon, so you'll definitely be able to find some old favorites. The game's certainly fleshed out a whole lot more since Silver. If you at all liked the formula back then, now's a great time to jump back in.

Off the top of my head, some more:

Route 13: Gible
Route 14: Goomy, Haunter, Weepinbell, Carnivine, Skorupi (appears on its own and in a horde)

Yeah, I found
Gible
but hadn't added it yet as I assumed people would just use Serebii now. I'm not at Route 14 yet, still in the
powerplant
May update in a minute.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Yeah I think I'll turn off Exp. Share too. It's a bit too broken. I like the feeling of levelling each Pokemon IMO

AEGISX

Banned
HMs are moves that can't be unlearned once they are taught. You can use them to interact with the world such as cutting down trees for hidden routes or swimming.

I don't know who the best slave would be, just don't use an HM on a starter Pokemon or anything else you'll only get one of.

lol what I meant was which HMs are in the game? IE: fly cut surf etc.
I want to use a single pokemon that learn them. I dont care charizard that much, since I got speed boost blaziken, and fire fox.

When I put Pikachu at the head of my party in the forest, I ended up running into nothing but Pikachu. Coincidence, bug, or new effect of Static?

EDIT: Old effect, never knew about it.

Snaku

Banned
Can I buy a copy and play it on my brother's 3DS? And then play it on my 2DS when I get one later? Does it save to the game card?

When I put Pikachu at the head of my party in the forest, I ended up running into nothing but Pikachu. Coincidence, bug, or new effect of Static?

EDIT: Old effect, never knew about it.
Yeah, it happened to me too :O I didn't know about that.

Its weird seeing spoink ACTUALLY bouncing.
It looks really nice! It made me want to break my first playthrough rule of New Pokémon only.

Espada

I've had the game for a few hours now and I've yet to go into the first gym.

Goddamn Super Training and Pokemon Amie have me hooked. The music is really nice so far, this is one of the biggest leaps in audio quality the series has ever seen.

Just emerging from my dark hole of playing X all morning to say that this game fucking rules and is completely blowing away my expectations. Strongly debating calling in sick to work tonight to play. Maybe tomorrow too. Maybe I won't write my midterm...

So I feel a bit dirty playing this game.

My first pokemon was froakie. Then I fought pokemon over and over again in the forest until I finally got a Pikachu (btw the fucking pikachu spawn rate is utter shit before you catch one, then they don't stop appearing lol).

Then after the Pikachu I picked up my special Torchic from the Pokemon center. And now I also have Bulbasaur. I have a starter for each type in my party and this feels wrong. Now I only have two slots in my main party left and I'm thinking of going with either Rhidon or Onyx and then either the Y legendary or Mewtwo.

But still. Also the main appeal of EXP share that I can see is not having to grind as much to level up your party before a gym battle. Which is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom