• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kansoku

Can someone explain to me how Pokemon Amie works? Also, is anyone else having problems with the face recondition on it? It can't seem to catch the expression when I'm asked to do a large smile or eyes wide open.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I've gone as close to a media blackout on this game as I could, and God damn I was blown away by the opening alone. I had no idea it was going to be like this.

This game is going to be a massive hit.

Sandfox

Can someone explain to me how Pokemon Amie works? Also, is anyone else having problems with the face recondition on it? It can't seem to catch the expression when I'm asked to do a large smile or eyes wide open.

You raise the Pokemon's bond by giving them treats which you earn by playing the minigames and the higher the difficulty you play the game on the better the treat you get. When your pokemon gets full you need to either play more games with it or go out and battle to make it hungry again.

Pau

Found a Pikachu the second I walked into the forest, knocked it out in one hit, and now I've spent a good forty minutes trying to find another. :(

Ark

Fuck yeah, found a Pancham! Although I can't remember how/when it evolves..

I've got too many Pokemon I want to use at once :(

W1SSY

Finally got the game downloaded after it stopping every couple of minutes. Now time to make a lot of trades on the wonder trade.

Zelias

Banned
Quick question, do we know if Pokerus will effect Super Training? Just thought of that. Might make Super Training faster than Power Item battles if it does.
Ok, tested this quickly.

Using Serebii's page on Super Training as a reference.

According to Serebii, Super Training Lv1 gives +4 EVs.
When I tried Lv1 Sp. Def with an infected pokemon, it gave +4 EVs.

According to Serebii, a L training bag gives +12 EVs.
When I tried a Sp. Def L bag with an infected pokemon, it gave +12 EVs.

Conclusion: Pokerus does not appear to double the gains from Super Training.

Here's the proof I have Pokerus (SPOILER ALERT: It's a non-officially revealed Gen VI Pokemon): http://i.imgur.com/sielwEA.jpg

yami4ct

Ok, tested this quickly.

Using Serebii's page on Super Training as a reference.

According to Serebii, Super Training Lv1 gives +4 EVs.
When I tried Lv1 Sp. Def with an infected pokemon, it gave +4 EVs.

According to Serebii, a L training bag gives +12 EVs.
When I tried a Sp. Def L bag with an infected pokemon, it gave +12 EVs.

Conclusion: Pokerus does not appear to double the gains from Super Training.

Here's the proof I have Pokerus (SPOILER ALERT: It's a non-officially revealed Gen VI Pokemon): http://i.imgur.com/sielwEA.jpg

Booo. Well, +12 per short game is still pretty great. It might be faster if the +2 EV pokemon you're trying to find isn't showing up a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom