• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DedValve

Banned
For some reason I have to flabebes, one on a red flower and one on a yellow.

The red isn't shiny but both are females, what gives?

Ultimadrago

Riddle me this, why Jolly over Adamant for the SB Torchic? Are some of you thinking of mixed attacking?

The need for Speed. With its high strength, it's even more important that Blaziken gets the first word in battle. Speed Boost is even more of a bonus, but being swifter out the gate only helps. It's less about mixed attacking and more about guaranteed priority (since its Base Speed isn't outstanding). A properly EV'd Adamant would be a beast as well, but I prefer ensuring they're faster.

Magnus

Best change to the series since gen one?:

No more fucking persistent alarm sound when your active Pokémon is low on health. Awesome

For your second profile picture, does anyone know the requirements? I've put some jpegs on my SD card from my computer and renamed them to follow the naming convention of the card, but they don't show up in the image library? Do they have to be MPO files or have certain pixel dimensions?

At the second gym's town after four hours. Current team is Braixen, Fletchling, Vivillon, Flabébé, Pancham, Bulbasaur.

My Vivillon is the modern pattern, so I guess that's what's assigned to Texas. It looks a lot nicer than in the picture of all the forms:

i6rKxN1.png

It actually looks like this. The colors aren't as washed out:

iAIMbmgfYpizG.jpg

Um, so, the friend who wanted to talk to me in the Cafe just said "we should battle", and then nothing happened. When I talked to her again, she just started rambling, but still not battle. Did I miss a trigger event, or is that how it was supposed to go?

Ultimadrago

Okay guys, so there's all these different colored treats in Amie. Any indicator of which flavor is which? Also where can I get more?

Magnus

Um, so, the friend who wanted to talk to me in the Cafe just said "we should battle", and then nothing happened. When I talked to her again, she just started rambling, but still not battle. Did I miss a trigger event, or is that how it was supposed to go?

Same thing happened to me. Thought I missed something.

XDDX

Nope, you didn't miss anything.

Magnus

At the second gym's town after four hours. Current team is Braixen, Fletchling, Vivillon, Flabébé, Pancham, Bulbasaur.

My Vivillon is the modern pattern, so I guess that's what's assigned to Texas. It looks a lot nicer than in the picture of all the forms:

i6rKxN1.png

iAIMbmgfYpizG.jpg

Oh this is awesome!

How is this being determined? Are they actually different based on the game cart you got? Like, for example, are all the copies of the game being sold in Canada denoted to have the polar design?

Linkhero1

Mine was pretty crazy too, I had to drive 30 minutes to get to a store that was doing a midnight.

When I got there, they were watching Pokemon the First Movie on the building! Holy shit! And it was awesome because it's relevant (Mega Mewtwo).

Needless to say it was awesome last night. Real vibe of everyone excited for the game. It's going to outsell GTAV.

The gamestop manager said there was a much bigger crowd than GTA V launch.

Oh god, that's a crazy line. Man, I feel better that I decided to not bother going downtown and instead just head to the Gamestop close by in the morning.
I would have but my brother and cousins have work in the morning. They wanted the games right away :p

18-Volt

Wow, this new Exp share is pretty awesome! It doesn't tell hours of who gained what and don't total exp gained is not shared among them. Easy way to evolve pokémon but absence of shaking grass, Audino and Lucky egg make everything worse...

Shoyz

Oh this is awesome!

How is this being determined? Are they actually different based on the game cart you got? Like, for example, are all the copies of the game being sold in Canada denoted to have the polar design?

Location in your system settings, I believe. Might be able to get a different pattern by changing it depending on where you live though.

Oh this is awesome!

Nintendo region locks their consoles. I'm pretty sure it has to do with that? I'm in Idaho and I got the High Plains Vivillon. Used to live in SoCal, so I wonder what I would've gotten there. Probably the same thing lol. Willing to trade for other patterns, though! :)

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So I assume it's normal to get a female Squirtle/Charmander/Bulbasaur from the professor?

First time I've ever had a female starter.

Sandfox

Oh this is awesome!

Its determined by where you live and I'm sure it gets the info from your 3DS.

Is Careful good or bad for Fennekin? I don't know any of the new gen stats, but I'm guessing it's bad since it's -SpAtk and Fennekin likely ends up being more Special based. Doesn't really matter at this point, I'm too far to want to reset.

Gabe3208

Banned
Does anyone know if you can pm your friends, acquaintances? Only thing I've found is the voice chat and the shout-out but that sends a message everyone can see.

Zelias

Banned
Not really, this music you linked was extremely annoying, since it often started playing in the best parts of the battle themes -_-
Agreed. It was cool at first, but it quickly wore out its welcome in my opinion. I much prefer how X/Y do it.

i6rKxN1.png

iAIMbmgfYpizG.jpg

Spain here, can confirm:

TuOeUTF.jpg

Is the colour determined by the pokémon's origin (i.e. a Spanish Scatterbug will evolve into a marine Vivillon) or by what version does the evolution occur (i.e. where is Spewpa evolving)?

Just fired up X. Just changed out of my pajamas, so I'm early as hell, but man, the production values seems leaps and bounds over previous games already.

Add me people!

Friend code: 4511-0460-2776

I'm in Germany and my Vivillon didn't look anything like that. Looked more like yours.

Edit:
Looked like the Japanese one actually.

Is your console region set on something else or did you get your console from Japan?

I guess it's possible that the region's are more specific than people are thinking.

SuperSah

Banned

i6rKxN1.png

iAIMbmgfYpizG.jpg

How did you get different colour Vivilion?

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Really enjoying this so far. Everything seems really smooth and quick. Got an adamant Chespin to start out with, which was a nice surprise.

Squall516

im seeing a bunch of peopel online saying that jolly is bad for froakie bc you should focus on his sp.atk what do you guys think is the best nature for him? i havnt started playing yet so dont know much about his stats or w.e

Spain here, can confirm:

TuOeUTF.jpg

Is the colour determined by the pokémon's origin (i.e. a Spanish Scatterbug will evolve into a marine Vivillon) or by what version does the evolution occur (i.e. where is Spewpa evolving)?

I don't know for certain, but I'm pretty sure it's based on where you catch it.

How did you get different colour Vivilion?

It seems to be based on the region you're in. I don't know all the details, though.

Definitely set to Germany and bought in Germany. I guess it might depend on the Bundesland (German state) that it's set to?

As soon as I have fly I'll catch another one and check again.

Yeah that's probably it. That's why the more eastern US states are getting Garden while the central ones like me are getting Modern. Someone from New Mexico, Arizona, California, etc should check what they get.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Aww darnit. Decided to look at my Pokemon's nature and I got:

- Fennekin (Male) : Bold
- Panpour (Female): Modest
- Pikachu (Male): Rash
- Dunsparce (Female): Calm
- Torchic (Male): Hardy

I have no idea if that's good or not especially for Fennekin.

Laieon

That seems to be the case. I'm in Houston and mine has the same color scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom