• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

javac

So many great Pokemon, still haven't found even remotely all.

Yeah I'm surprised I caught some of these lol. Exp Share helps too!

I don't know if my team is that good but for now I'm using Absol, Chesnaught, Pikachu, Combusken, Charmeleon and Bagon. I'll replace Combusken once it evolves.

Weird, I just got the meadow pattern for vivillon. One of my friends did as well, but some of our other friends got the modern pattern. The Twin Cities must be right by the dividing line or maybe there are multiple types per region or something?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I love how on the battlescreen in the distance you can see the wind making a wave along the grassy hill. Also, zigzagoon is cute as hell. Who knew?

Just beat the first gym. Gonna take a nap to rest up for an all nighter.

Here is my current team:

Ryu aka Froakie with a neutral nature. Wanted a good speed or attack nature but I'll make do with a neutral nature.

Godchu aka Pikachu. Bad nature but whatever. Just want a Electric type for now.

Falca aka Pidgy: Messed up on the nick since it was Female lol. Switching it out for Swellow as soon as possible.

Torchic which I'm not sure I'll bother keeping in my party.

I have a ton more in the box. The top 3 are my main ones as I wait for the Kanto Starters.

I'm really torn between Bulbasaur or Charmander. Already have Torchic but I'm willing to box him for Charmander.

Ahh well I'll wake up and choose.

AGITΩ

I literally spent almost my first 2 hours trying to find a male Pikachu, was surprised Pikachu also...sounds like its Anime counterpart. Spent another 40 Minutes trying to find a Male Litleo and failed so I decided to keep going. I've just discovered horde battles.
Anyone know if you can remove your skates? I really hate running into things, especially when in mazes or trying to go inside buildings and hit the side of the door instead.

Can someone explain Super Training in detail for me please?

Use it to max out a Pokemon's EV points (base stats). Use it to direct a Pokemon's growth without their base stats being all over the place. Each training regimen boosts a specific base stat. The most basic regimens boost a base stat +4, but if you complete all of them you unlock better regimens that are more challenging but give better stat returns (lv.3 challenges give +12 for example). I'll assume you already know what EV training is - if not a quick google search should explain that better than I can. Basically super training takes the hassle out of EV training by making EVs visible and being accessible from the beginning of the game.

Shiggie

AGITΩ;85811530 said:
I literally spent almost my first 2 hours trying to find a male Pikachu, was surprised Pikachu also...sounds like its Anime counterpart. Spent another 40 Minutes trying to find a Male Litleo and failed so I decided to keep going. I've just discovered horde battles.
Anyone know if you can remove your skates? I really hate running into things, especially when in mazes or trying to go inside buildings and hit the side of the door instead.

Just use the D-pad.

bulbasaur_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d6q7v1w.png
vivillon_continental_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d6q7v2b.png

2 more prey for the collection.

javac

I haven't really settled on a team. The only fixed members right now are Chesnaught, Wartortle, Sigilyph and Fletchinder. The other two right now are Axew and Solosis.

Definitely not balanced or amazing and I have completely avoided EV training for now. I guess once I have Fly I'll think about constructing a better team.

Yeah me too. My team seems okay so far right? I guess if it works no point doubting it :p I think there's plenty more to discover so my team will constantly shuffle around as with most people.

Just use the D-pad.

Or you can pull out the Dowsing Machine.

Teknoman

I love how on the battlescreen in the distance you can see the wind making a wave along the grassy hill. Also, zigzagoon is cute as hell. Who knew?

I never knew Squirtle wagged its tail...or that the thing was mobile.

Also im going to have such a hard time choosing who to keep in my party and when. But I guess that'll keep things interesting.

Teknoman

I say we should have some more day 1 battles near the end of the day. I've been getting alot of O-powers from everyone, so thanks!

Just got my Tyrunt. Here's my team so far:

Tyrunt
Frogadier
Pancham
Combusken
Charmeleon

Not the best type wise but I've been having fun with it. Still debating if I'm going to keep Combusken (some other Pokemon might catch my eye) and I want Sylveon to be my fairy type of this team but no one knows how to evolve Eevee into one yet (that I know of).

Does anyone know where you can catch a Honedge? I just stopped at the Pokémon Day Care and have been rocking Quilladin all game; I need some more members.

EDIT: Found one.

I want Sylveon to be my fairy type of this team but no one knows how to evolve Eevee into one yet (that I know of).

Maximum Friendship in Pokémon Aime.

Berordn

Not the best type wise but I've been having fun with it. Still debating if I'm going to keep Combusken (some other Pokemon might catch my eye) and I want Sylveon to be my fairy type of this team but no one knows how to evolve Eevee into one yet (that I know of).

It's known.

Max out Eevee's Pokemon-Amie happiness and level up.

javac

Seems more varied than mine, can't tell whether they're great because I never bothered to really look into the BSTs of pokemon. Looks pretty cool though.

Anyway, I need a break from the game for now.

Hah yeah my teams are always weird. I go for the Pokémon I think look the coolest and what I find nostalgic to be honest. I kinda balance it out by trying to have different types covered and my brothers recommendations. I'm not really a tactical guy as much as I'm a brute force type of guy to be honest lol. Just keep hitting and I'll kill it eventually lol!

Is it me or framerate drops seriously when screen shows both pokémon side by side in battles? In 2D mode, of course.

It's not just you. But it must be depend on the environment or the Pokemon battling, because it's not as bad for me as it was in the beginning of the game.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Quick question: how many Eevees are in these games? Only one, like in the first 2 gens? (no idea how it was on the rest)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom