• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone please help with some sort of advanced Pokemon training guide. Natured Pokemon? What? There's got to be some sort of guide for those people who have played Pokemon games before but haven't cared about stuff like this. Anyone?

Start with Bulbapedia and search anything you want to know. Natures are Pokemon stat advantages/handicaps that factor into their development. Competitive training shit. It's not hard to get as it's so enjoyable

But like, are there some natures that are better than others? Does it really matter that much?

Say you get a Pokemon with a naturally high speed base stat, then it has a nature with a speed stat advantage...yea it could make a huge difference if competing

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
But like, are there some natures that are better than others? Does it really matter that much?

Depends. If you have a Pokemon that uses mostly physical attacks you may want a nature that buffs its physical attack stat. In the long run, a casual playthrough of the story mode won't really require you to pay attention to natures.

eliochip

Is Blaziken good? I don't play multiplayer in this I just go through the story but I still want a good team.

Blaziken or Scizor?

Trey

I'm still trying to catch a fucking Timid Pikachu. I've seen every other nature at least two times.

Good thing I can pawn off my growing mouse army in Wonder Trades. I actually got a decent haul from doing that.

GF knocked the ball out of the park with this one.

Laieon

Just got my X. I'm going with Froakie and Sqirtle. Anyone else doing both water starters?

I was planning on it, but ended up going Charmander instead because I wasn't sure how long it would be until I could catch a fire pokemon. I have to say, this game does a terrific job at giving you a lot of variety right off the bat. It's almost overwhelming.

ryan13ts

Is finding a male Litleo impossible in this game? I've seriously encountered over 50 Litleo and every single one is female. Ususally I don't care about Male/Female status, but I hate the way female Pyroar looks so I'm determinted to get a male one. It's almost like GF knew everyone would want a male and trolled the hell out of us.

Unicorn

I have to say, for a guy who's only played first gen, this game is pretty overwelming :(

What is the advantage in breeding pokemon?

Breeding is more post-game than anything. It is to breed certain moves onto pokemon that can't otherwise learn them. Don't worry about it and just treat it like the daycare from Red/Blue (levelling up pokemon while you're out doing other stuff).

I feel pretty overwhelmed with all of the pokemon in each area and I've been playing every gen. Just grab stuff you want to use or are interested in and don't feel pressured to catch and do everything. Just take your time - much of the stuff they throw at you isn't necessary until you're ready to get competitive.

zethren

Banned
I bought Pokemon X, but haven't been able to start it yet.

One of my worries has been that there aren't enough new Pokemon because of the time spent working on the Mega Evolutions. I'm sure I'll enjoy it regardless, and I've remained pretty dark on the released details over the months. Is this a silly worry?

Roto13

I have two level 1 male Fennekins I want to trade for a low-level Chespin and Froakie. I don't care about the natures or sexes (though female would certainly be nice) but no nicknames please. :p

The Fennekins' natures are Naive and Brave.

Roto13

It's not silly, but they're throwing a plethora of pokemon from all gens at you from the very start, so I haven't been bothered by the lack of new pokemons at all.

So many pokemons, I don't think there's ever been that many to choose from that early in the game.
Black/White 2 had a really good mix of Pokemon early on, too.

One of my worries has been that there aren't enough new Pokemon because of the time spent working on the Mega Evolutions. I'm sure I'll enjoy it regardless, and I've remained pretty dark on the released details over the months. Is this a silly worry?

Not really. GF decided to focus more on Megas and new features this gen rather than the new roster.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Yep - put like 700 hours into Red/Blue/Yellow, and about 200 hours into G/S. But then I kinda "outgrew" the craze and didn't play any of the others. I picked up Black a couple years ago and put like 12 hours into it; but wasn't really feeling it with the 3DS right around the corner.

This is the first Pokemon game I'm playing seriously in about a decade; and boy do these conversations scare me. Shinies. EV leveling. Breeding. Genders. Etc etc. I'm afraid my team is going to be weak as hell because I don't know any of the meta game at all.

Right now just beat the first gym and met Sycamore - calling it quits for today with a level 16,13, and two 10s. Lots of fun, for sure.

K' Dash

Breeding is more post-game than anything. It is to breed certain moves onto pokemon that can't otherwise learn them. Don't worry about it and just treat it like the daycare from Red/Blue (levelling up pokemon while you're out doing other stuff).

I feel pretty overwhelmed with all of the pokemon in each area and I've been playing every gen. Just grab stuff you want to use or are interested in and don't feel pressured to catch and do everything. Just take your time - much of the stuff they throw at you isn't necessary until you're ready to get competitive.

This is pretty good advice, thank you!

Dr. Buni

I think it is silly worrying about the amount of new Pokémon when we already have 649 of them (as of Gen V).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom