• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh7289

I caved and bought Pokemon Y today.

This game is awesome. It's exceeding any expectations I had about it. 3D adds so much more life to the world, the battles are pretty snappy, and the set of Pokemon they decided to start you off with in the first few areas is perfectly nostalgic for people who haven't really been into the series since Red, Blue and Yellow like myself.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
My online connection keeps getting dropped. I just encountered a nasty error when the game crashed while "disconnecting from internet", forcing my 3DS to restart.

Thank goodness it saves beforehand.

Berordn

Nope. Evolved my Eevee with just 2 hearts on the Affection bar.

Needs to know a fairy move too.

You can get a female Torchic from Mystery Gift? Otherwise you can't pass on that speed boost.

The affection bar isn't friendship, that's an invisible stat that's raised every time you fill one of the bars.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
"pick a nickname!
Li'l D
Big D"

Omg hahahaha

You can get a female Torchic from Mystery Gift? Otherwise you can't pass on that speed boost.
You sure?
Speed_Boost.jpg

Croc

Banned
Okay I'm sure this has been asked a million times already but do any other starters get an X/Y mega evolution aside from Charizard?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
You can catch them in the wild, so as many as you want.
You know, this is probably the best thing I've heard about the game. Now I will be able to get my beloved Vaporeon and all the others too.

Thank you based Game Freak!

Anyone know where I can find a Sun Stone? There's a Pokemon I desperately wanna evolve.

Damn, I love how Ledian looks but his stats are so bad. I'm probably better off sticking with Vivillion, right?

They're both pretty weak aren't they? Just stick with Ledian if you like it. You can find Heracross and Pinsir somewhere in these games if you want a strong bug type.

I told those losers to just call me "Boss". Know their place.

LOL, me too.

I really dislike all these strong Pokemon they're handing out/your able to catch in the beginning. I have a
Snorlax
Bulbasaur
, Torchic, and
Tyrunt
and the first 3 I'm sure are strong.
Tyrunt
I'm not sure about but he seems strong.

I think I might not use Torchic,
Bulbasaur
, and
Snorlax
just to make the game more fun. If I use those 3 Pokemon then I might as well not look for anymore because it's an amazing team combination as is.

After that complaint I've been liking the rest of the game. Except sky battle's, those are a travesty. I had a Pidgeotto against a Ledian and we were just going back and forth, it was so boring. Tip to myself... NEVER fight a sky battle again unless required.

I just registered my copy to Pokemon global Link or something.....though even after reading info a couple times it doesn't seem to be making sense EXACTLY what it does.....just displays some info on the website?

Yeah, I'm limiting my team to Gen VI'ers to cut back on all the OP options in the first few hours of the game. I'll worry about Salamence, Snorlax, and Haxorus in the post-game.

Laieon

Just got my 2nd badge, 8 hours in. I'm not rushing at all, just taking time to catch some stuff and see the sights.

Current Party:
Frogadier - Level 30
Fletchinder - Level 25
Vivillian - Level 23
Charmeleon - Level 26
Roselia - Level 22
Tyrunt - Level 22

Sakura

I just registered my copy to Pokemon global Link or something.....though even after reading info a couple times it doesn't seem to be making sense EXACTLY what it does.....just displays some info on the website?

I think once it opens it will have like a timeline of your adventures or something? I'm pretty sure I read something like that.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Jesus, getting a female starter is hell. I've been at it for 2 hours now...

I'm going to get a female Fenneken if it kills me, Gamefreak, so fuck you.

Guys, is there an accurate list yet of all the available Pokemon to catch in certain routes and areas? I don't want to feel like I'm missing on any of them.

Kenai

Gotta admit, I'm kinda jealous of my rival's Braxian. Those are some sweet animations with the wand thing.

It will be fine when Chespin's stage two is here, but the stage one dampens my love a bit.

Dartastic

Someone please help with some sort of advanced Pokemon training guide. Natured Pokemon? What? There's got to be some sort of guide for those people who have played Pokemon games before but haven't cared about stuff like this. Anyone?

Also, waiting for this to come in via Gamefly is FUCKING HARD. Although I will save like, 9 dollars at least.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Someone please help with some sort of advanced Pokemon training guide. Natured Pokemon? What? There's got to be some sort of guide for those people who have played Pokemon games before but haven't cared about stuff like this. Anyone?

Natures just affect the stats of a Pokemon. If you go into their summary and look at their stats, you might see some are blue and some a red. Blue means that, because of their nature, this stat is lower than usual. Red means it's higher.

Dartastic

Natures just affect the stats of a Pokemon. If you go into their summary and look at their stats, you might see some are blue and some a red. Blue means that, because of their nature, this stat is lower than usual. Red means it's higher.
But like, are there some natures that are better than others? Does it really matter that much?

K' Dash

I have to say, for a guy who's only played first gen, this game is pretty overwelming :(

What is the advantage in breeding pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom