• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laieon

Just got to the part where I can choose my fossil. I'm guessing the T-Rex is "Jaw Fossil" and the Littlefoot thing is "Sail Fossil"?

BoSox06DH

Quick question is Pancham located in Route 5 since it's Pokédex number is close to Skiddo? I haven't had any luck yet trying to find one so far.

Edit: Just finally found one nvm.
Thanks for the quick responses dudes, appreciate it.

Getting so many Japanese Zubat from Wonder Trade haha.. I need to get back to playing the actual game, looked at the stuff on the bottom screen after beating the 1st gym and suddenly 2+ hours have flown away.

Trey

So guys, answer me this: is there any reason why I should want to deal with Super Training sooner rather than later? Can I leave the EV training business for later rather than rushing to trying to understand how it all works?

I'm waiting until I get the thing that can reset the EVs, then super training all my pokemon from there.

Robin64

Yeah, any word on this? It's my only complaint so far. Am I missing something or am I stuck with these things for the whole game?

You use the d-pad to walk and run as that's still stuck on the old grid-based movement system.

Move up to the stick for blades.

Kiryu

I can't believe I love farfetch'd but does he have evolve or mega evolution in this game? D: I just feel so bad for him to be alone with no evolve.

Snaku

Banned
So my brother knew how much I wanted to play X, and it's the first time since Blue that I've wanted to play a Pokemon. He said I was the one who introduced him to Pokemon way back when I let him play my Blue version when it first came out, and he really wanted me to be able to play X/Y together with him so he bought me a 2DS earlier today as an "early Christmas present." I'm stunned, and anxiously awaiting this thing to finish charging. Gonna catch 'em all.

javac

Jeez, already thirteen hours into the game, I should probably hurry up since I haven't even beaten gym 3 yet. But for now something different.

I'm 17 hours in and haven't faced the third gym yet. Taking my time. Caught come decent stuff so far imo. Got Mawile, Kangaskhan, Absol, Axew, Bagon,Totoro Snorlax, Plusle, Honedge and a bunch of others. 3 boxes full. Some decent stuff right?

So my brother knew how much I wanted to play X, and it's the first time since Blue that I've wanted to play a Pokemon. He said I was the one who introduced him to Pokemon way back when I let him play my Blue version when it first came out, and he really wanted me to be able to play X/Y together with him so he bought me a 2DS earlier today as an "early Christmas present." I'm stunned, and anxiously awaiting this thing to finish charging. Gonna catch 'em all.

Dope, I actually like the 2DS design welcome to the party

2DS is out?

OH GOD MY CHESPIN EVOLVED INTO A HIDEOUS BEAST!
Haha, exactly how I just felt. I wish I that I hadn't avoided all the spoilers now :/

I probably let him evolve too soon also but I really wanted to see what he turned into. It reminds me of that reoccurring big ugly girl character from America Dad...

Dr. Buni

Just beat Korrina. Her
Hawlucha
beat the crap out of three Pokémon of my team with
Flying Press, the dual type move
, but Honedge saved the day.

Btw I can't find places to buy clothes, besides that shop in Lumiose City. Where are the others?

Wonder Trade is addicting. I keep trading hoping to get something better lol.

I'm getting to the point where I'll waste a pokeball on a Caterpie or something so I can just send it off.

Mik317

Taking a break (even if I don't wanna)..

about 4 hours in.

This game is pretty damn awesome. It's Pokemon so yeah but damn its good. The Variety of pokemon you get near the start prevents the normal doldrums of the starting grind (even tho I am rocking a Pidgey and Bunny thing...so yeah). But I just put 4 straight hours into a videogame...so it is doing something right.

Some notes:

- The 3d models make the Pokemon stand out more. In particular, motherfuckers be cute as fuck homie. I love sprites but this is pretty awesome.

- It is still pretty easy. But I do like that regular trainers occasionally get their Lance on and pop a potion. I also almost got destroyed by some Gardener's crab pokemon...so you still can get got even with type advantage. Definately turn off the EXP all since being over leveled makes it even more of a cake walk.

- The controls are pretty ass at times. Especially in the first city.

- I wish there was a way to preview the hairstyles as it is very expensive. Maybe I'm just dumb.

- 3D is useless. I normally don't care about framerate but shit tanks hard. Don't use it.

-Skiddo is pretty boss. Also Pikachu kinda wrecks the first few routes for free.

- First clothes shop only had hats...kinda lame but whatever I will go back to see if getting a badge changes that.

I haven't touched most of the extra stuff (Training and Amie), I will tackle those later. It is also refreshing to not have a team picked out beforehand. I know all the leaks but yeah no clue who I will use on my main squad. I might actually catch enough Pokemon to have multiple squads of death. Also could keep things interesting. It's not a perfect game; it's easy' controls suck at times' 3d is useless if you care about that' and customization is a bit weird (you'd think you'd be able to design your hair and stuff from jump but baby steps I guess) but most of that is smalltime. I am addicted to playing this and if I physically didn't need to take a break I would'nt.

It's in my top 5 games this year...rising fast.

W1SSY

Wonder Trade is addicting. I keep trading hoping to get something better lol.

I'm getting to the point where I'll waste a pokeball on a Caterpie or something so I can just send it off.

In the first zone I caught a lot of duplicates so I could wonder trade. Best thing was getting a level 16 litleo for a caterpie.

Revven

Taking a break for the moment but man GF went nuts on how many Pokes you can catch at the beginning (from Route 1 and on). It's a complete 180 from how they used to do things in a new gen like in Diamond/Pearl and Ruby/Sapphire. It's really a breath of fresh air, even if the Pokes are older ones, it adds to the game to have so much actual choice early game now.

I'm building my mono-Fire type team atm with Braixen, Fletchinder (sp?), Combusken, and Charmeleon. Planning on trying to get Litleo and something else (not sure what, maybe Flareon or if available, a more wally Fire type).

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
So in the select screen for your starters, will they be shiny if it's a shiny pokemon? Will I have to select it first to see
No, they aren't. At least I don't recall noticing anything different when I got my shiny Fennekin (and it was the second time I had chosen it, because I traded the previous one).

That's beautiful, man. Your brother is a genuinely good person :)

Hope you both enjoy the game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom