• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I can feel it. The hype is flowing through me.

blastoise9ak3p.gif

Team X

Isn't that called a Blastoise? I remember that from back in the day.

Tried the demo or whatever at PAX and, must say, do want.

Anyword on how exclusive the mega evolutions are? Can I acquire the method for Mega Charizard X in Y version through trading of anything? I was set on Y but I want that Charizard X.

kgrock618

Anyword on how exclusive the mega evolutions are? Can I acquire the method for Mega Charizard X in Y version through trading of anything? I was set on Y but I want that Charizard X.

they are just held items, so i believe you will be able to trade for one

I remember first seeing it in the anime: "Beach Blank-Out Blastoise". I thought the idea of a giant turtle with water cannons was freaking awesome...and yet I've never taken it as a starter.

Hmm...Yeah, I think I took a Squirtle originally. Got to go research the starters and the fifference between X & Y

johns creek gamestop having midnight launch and tourney.... and fuck, this game is coming out on saturday? Was thinking sunday all this time.

hope this game is more 1v1 than b2/w2... i can never figure out how to make up a good 3v3 party for the campaign stuff :X

kgrock618

the gamestop i preordered at is doing a midnight launch, a week from today i will be getting it! So excited. i most likely wont sleep that night haha

Zalman

I don't know if I should pick it up at a store and get it on day one or pay 25% less and get it a few days later from a website. First world problems. :(

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
My friend has X pre-ordered, so I was going to get Y...

But Charizard X is so much cooler looking. :( May see if he'll switch to Y if he doesn't care about the Mega Evos, ha. Also, deer legendary is cool IMHO.

DaBoss

In Pokemon XY you can get a Squirtle?

Yup, after the first gym, you'll meet up with the professor. You battle him (he's using the Kanto starters) and then you get to choose one of them. You will also get the mega evolution stone for the starter you choose with it.

Yup, after the first gym, you'll meet up with the professor. You battle him (he's using the Kanto starters) and then you get to choose one of them. You will also get the mega evolution stone for the starter you choose with it.

That's rad. I haven't played Pokemon since Diamond and Pearl. Have I been missing out?

DaBoss

That looks cool.

That's rad. I haven't played Pokemon since Diamond and Pearl. Have I been missing out?

Well I personally think Diamond/Pearl are the weakest entries in the series (Platinum improved greatly upon them). Heartgold and Soulsilver are amazing remakes of the gen 2 games. Black(2)/White(2) are great games, but I think it would be fine if you just jump to X/Y.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Why would you pay the $5 for a pokebank twice? Wouldn't you just transfer up and be done?

Forgive me if it has already been explained in this thread somewhere, but I looked in the OP and did not see the answer to my question:

What, exactly, is the difference between Pokemon X and Pokemon Y? Is there an explanation on the official website (or somewhere) that you can link me to, if it's too much or too hard to explain?

Sorry, I'm pretty new to Pokemon. :)

Forgive me if it has already been explained in this thread somewhere, but I looked in the OP and did not see the answer to my question:

What, exactly, is the difference between Pokemon X and Pokemon Y? Is there an explanation on the official website (or somewhere) that you can link me to, if it's too much or too hard to explain?

Different Charizard and Mewtwo mega evolutions and there are some version exclusive Pokemon, including the legendaries on the covers of the games.

There actually might be more, I'm sure someone else will come along and fill in the blanks if there are.

Simple: There are Pokemon that you can get in one version that you can't get in another: namely the legendary Pokemon on the cover. This encourages trading.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Team X only sing when they're winning

spoilers if needed but is charazard the only starter with version exclusive mega evolutions?

Do the starters in this game not have megaevolutions?

also do you still needa go to a move deleter for hm's?

DaBoss

Pokemon games come out in two versions. In each version, there are some exclusive Pokemon. It is to encourage trading with other people with the other Pokemon.

Here is a list of new (Gen 6) Pokemon that are exclusive to each version:
X
Xerneas
Mega Mewtwo X
Mega Charizard X
Swirlix -> Slurpuff
Clauncher

Y
Yveltal
Mega Mewtwo Y
Mega Charizard Y
Spritzee -> Aromatisse
Skrelp

There is likely to be older Pokemon that are also exclusive to the other version.

spoilers if needed but is charazard the only starter with version exclusive mega evolutions?

Mewtwo

Do the starters in this game not have megaevolutions?

No. No Gen 6 Pokemon have megalutions.

also do you still needa go to a move deleter for hm's?

I don't know.

Wazzy

Banned
Team X all the way. Mega Charizard X will be mine. Also Team Froakie even though I really wanted to start with Fennikin or Chespin :(

GeekyDad

Such a pretty looking Pokemon game. I just wasn't able to muster the excitement to actually play it. But it'll be there when the mood strikes.

flonty

Sorry to ask this question here but can somebody explain to me how I transfer my pokemon from heartgold to the pokebank thats starting in december?

really curious if mewtwo is gonna be an early legendary, ala lvl 40 one. It's being promoted to death (have there even been any footage of the 2 cover legendaries yet?).

Would be even neater if its something you get way early ^^.

God I hope his starting movelist is better than his in HG/SS. He had 1 attack and all he did was swap stats with my lvl 10 geodude for about 30 turns lol.

Pathetic compare to his really good at the time movelist of red/blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom