• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnus

Oh wow, you can just go to the Pokemon menu and use an item on one from there, and go to the TM section and instantly see all the TMs usable on that particular Pokémon. Is this a new feature, or has it been in other games? Amazing.

Einbroch

Banned
Okay...

Target? Nope. Had X, but I wanted Y.
Target 2? Nope. Sold out.
Walmart? Nope. Sold out.
Gamestop? Nope. Three on hold, none for sale.
Best Buy? Nope. Sold out.
Best Buy 2? Two copies of Y, no X.

IT'S MINE. FINALLY. And I bought some Pepsi and SoCo because dammit I need it.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Did anyone playing around with Pokemon-Aime?

I noticed that level 4 heart gave me boosted exp, chance to dodge the attacks, and sometime break out of negative status, so anyone know more information on it?

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
So I've been playing with XP Share off but I'm starting to feel like I'm handicaping myself doing it. Should I change it back GAF?

Okay...

Walmart? Nope. Sold out.

You should have pre ordered it!

No joke. I'm beginning to wonder if female Fenneken's even exist.

I got a female Fennekin first try without any resets :p It's docile, so a neutral nature and not Modest like I had hoped for but whatever I'll live seeing as I don't play competitively anyway. Special attack is also her highest IV according to the characteristic, shame I can't actually tell how high it is.

I wish I could play more but I had to come in to work today @_@ And tomorrow too, for that matter...

kewlmyc

Okay...

Walmart? Nope. Sold out.

...wow, didn't know Pokemon was still so popular.....

Anyway, did they change how Experience works? It seems like every pokemon that participates in battle gets 100% of the experience. Is it true or am I just seeing things?

MarkusRJR

Aww fuck. My Chespin has a mild nature (increases sp. atk, lowers defense). I only just noticed since I was so enamored by the visuals and presentation. I'm a solid 5 hours into the game. Worth it to start over?

Ultimadrago

Torchic done Super Training (Man, I am ready for that Mega Blaziken!)

Also, does anyone know how I can find the traits/info on PokePuffs? I'm getting confused over which I should feed to who.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
No joke. I'm beginning to wonder if female Fenneken's even exist.
I've only come across 3 in the last 3 hours of going at it non-stop. THREE.

Oh, and of course they all had garbage natures. One had a nature that lowered it's speed and the other two something that lowered spec attack. Master levels of trolling going on here....

Torchic done Super Training (Man, I am ready for that Mega Blaziken!)

Also, does anyone know how I can find the traits/info on PokePuffs? I'm getting confused over which I should feed to who.

Having this same issue. My Quilladin seems to hate every puff I feed him.

Aww fuck. My Chespin has a mild nature (increases sp. atk, lowers defense). I only just noticed since I was so enamored by the visuals and presentation. I'm a solid 5 hours into the game. Worth it to start over?
Nah. If you care about having a competitive Chespin just breed a new one later.

Azure J

The need for Speed. With its high strength, it's even more important that Blaziken gets the first word in battle. Speed Boost is even more of a bonus, but being swifter out the gate only helps. It's less about mixed attacking and more about guaranteed priority (since its Base Speed isn't outstanding). A properly EV'd Adamant would be a beast as well, but I prefer ensuring they're faster.

I'm probably all kinds of late with this, but I like your reasoning enough (and kinda want to tap out from all this soft resetting) that I might stick with this Jolly Torchic I received. Thanks!

Sigmaah

Anyone got an extra Fennekin they can give to me? Same goes for Chespin.

Also, where the hell do I find the homie Honedge and Skrelp?

Dishwalla

Banned
Nintendo's current console is always in your player's room in every Pokemon game.

Player_Bedroom_RBY.png

Player_Bedroom_RS.png

Player_Bedroom_DPPt.png

Player_Bedroom_BW.png

Edit: Apparently there's none in Silver/Gold. Completely forgot.

It's funny because the SNES in Red/Blue becomes a NES in FR/LG.

nubbe

I don't get why people go bonkers over nature in the tutorial
You develop the pokemans when the game starts after the elite 4

Haven't encountered any shinies yet, which makes me a bit glad. I was getting worried that GameFreak increased the encounter rate by too much going on how many were showcased on /VP/. Anyone here get any shinies yet?

Gvaz

Banned
I still don't understand the point of a mega evolution? Why would you ever use it? When would you ever use it?

It's a once per battle temporary form. These games are never hard so I'm not sure what the point of this is.

Teknoman

You can get a Steelix by trading with an NPC in the city with the Rock Gym, if you'd rather have a Steelix right away.

Is it known if Onix learns some moves that Steelix wouldnt early on?

Also I just got attacked by a gang of Scraggy in the same patch of grass I saw a Pancham!

How do you catch things in a horde?

I still don't understand the point of a mega evolution? Why would you ever use it? When would you ever use it?

It's a once per battle temporary form. These games are never hard so I'm not sure what the point of this is.

Battles against actual people, perhaps quickly turning the tables in a fight.

FSLink

Banned
I don't get why people go bonkers over nature in the tutorial
You develop the pokemans when the game starts after the elite 4

Because you can easily reset them in this game so it's a way to save time of raising a Pokemon. :p Plus it's more fun to be able to use your in-game competitively if you wish.

Well duh. You could even win in-game battles with a Charizard with just Ember if it's high enough leveled. The point is for versus, the real meat of the game.

nubbe

It is like the Ultra move in Street Fighter

Sorian

Banned

You haven't used a Mega Evo yet, you wouldn't understand.

PBalfredo

The fact that the game gave me a free Torchic is sort of making me doubt my decision to go with Fennekin. And later you get a chance to pick one of the R/B/Y starters, right? I can't say no to Charmander. GAF, should I just embrace my inner Gym Leader and go all fire starters?

ryz

OH GOD

I just wasted two hours trying to catch a fucking Abra.. dat teleport. In the end I just instantly threw a Great Ball and got lucky. Wonder how I could ever find the patience to catch one in Pokemon Blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom