• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talonflame helped me right through the League.

If it had a better physical Fire move than Flame Charge it'd be great, but it's absolutely fine for ingame purposes.

Championship winning team, for those interested-
Chesnaught- Lv. 57
Aegislash- Lv. 59
Florges- Lv. 58
Pangoro- Lv. 57
Malamar- Lv. 58
Talonflame- Lv. 56
I already have Fennekin as a Fire type and don't like when types overlap.
Talon flame learns Flare Blitz and Brave Bird through move relearner.

Sorian

Banned
I hate that the control kinda lags and overworld isn't 3D. Chose Fennekin as well... always go Fire type at the beginning :p!

I'd be inclined to agree but I always have to go with the holy trinity and if they are going to hand me a torchic and bulbasaur sucks then my only choice is chespin.

ivysaur12

Banned
I really think there is an embarrassment of riches of great Pokemon to use. Shit, I haven't even made it to the second gym, but I already found a Bagon! (Who will be replaced by Our Lord and Savior Goomy once he's captured).

I forgot how much I hate HM, though.

So I had Chespin and Torchic, and couldn't decide between Charmander and Squirtle.

Chose Charmander, immediately regretted my decision, and went back to my last save. Blastoise ftmfw.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Charmander or Bulbsaur...i cant decide lol

You made the wrong choice either way

1366609704781.jpg

wmlk

I really think there is an embarrassment of riches of great Pokemon to use. Shit, I haven't even made it to the second gym, but I already found a Bagon! (Who will be replaced by Our Lord and Savior Goomy once he's captured).

I forgot how much I hate HM, though.

Hmm, it's really awesome seeing favourites from previous regions in the newer games. That's one aspect that will only get better in the future.

Gvaz

Banned
So you can't actually beat anyone who is smarter than the AI? Sounds like your same issue in Pokemon.

There's no strategy in pvp battles. It's all OHKO 99% of the time because of type matching and applicable movesets. There's no fun in that.

Trey

Whoa, something is definitely up with the encounter rates and your lead pokemon.

I had Pikachu in front, trying to get Burmys on Route 3, and suddenly...3/5-4/5ths of the fights were Pikachus. Switched to Combee? All of a sudden....no Pikachus.

Pikachu's ability increases encounter rate of electric Pokemon by +50%.

Esura

Banned
Anyone else picked an opposite gender of their owns in this? Did not care much for the male this time around but the girl is adorable!

Picked Fennelkin and gonna pick Charmander or Bulbasaur whenever I get the chance to.

Kirlia

Banned
19 resets for me.

Really? I feel lucky to have gotten a female Fennekin on my first try, then. 0_0

AND a decent nature in Calm (raises Special Defense and lowers Attack).

Also, did anyone else have a hard time finding a female Ralts? I found like four male Ralts before finding a female one.

Mupod

Free Froakies for everybody!

I finally got my Naive nature so I have a box full of leftovers to give away. Only got a few females though, and I'll be giving those away first.

My FC is in my profile, I've never done this before so bear with me if it takes a little bit.

Also, I'm not asking for anything specific, but if you have Pokerus GIVE IT TO ME NOW. I would also not mind the other starters or charmander/squirtle. But I'm just giving away frogs so if you don't wanna, you don't have to give me anything.

Magnus

Totally agreed. And I haven't either. I confess, I actually don't know what to do right now. I've gone through like...4 or 5 towns and cities since the first gym and am dumbstruck. I must be missing something obvious. Now I'm at a dead end in the town with an aquarium in it.

I don't know what the fuck I'm doing.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Haven't encountered any shinies yet, which makes me a bit glad. I was getting worried that GameFreak increased the encounter rate by too much going on how many were showcased on /VP/. Anyone here get any shinies yet?
Yup!

Got it on my fifth start. The first 4 were made so a GAFfer and me could get all 3 starters. Somehow I got lucky on my fourth (and definitive) restart, and the Pokemon I chose to be my main turned out to be shiny.

SoulUnison

Banned
I really can't believe how much I dislike not being able to take off the Roller Skates once you get them. Would it have been so terrible to make them a Key Item like the Bike, or to have them replace the Running Shoes on the B Button?

It's like GameFreak is just trying to beat you over the head with: "There's a Circle Pad! See!? Circle Pad! It's so cool!"

I know you can walk normally with the D-Pad, but it's kind of low and uncomfortable on an XL, and it makes diagonals awkward.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
He is? I was never a big fan of grass pokemon since electric and water Pokemon seem to do Grass pokemon's jobs better and don't have as many weaknesses.
He's pretty much borderline legendary in stats, and poison is strong vs Faries
also
Thick Fat: Fire and Ice-type moves deal 50% damage.

Moonlight

Banned
Right, picked up this game a few hours ago. Spent twenty minutes settling on a name. Definitely a Pokemon game. Picked up Fennekin as my starter, and haven't really done anything besides that. Been spending most of my time playing Pokemon-amie. :lol

W1SSY

I finally got my Naive nature so I have a box full of leftovers to give away. Only got a few females though, and I'll be giving those away first.

My FC is in my profile, I've never done this before so bear with me if it takes a little bit.

Also, I'm not asking for anything specific, but if you have Pokerus GIVE IT TO ME NOW. I would also not mind the other starters or charmander/squirtle. But I'm just giving away frogs so if you don't wanna, you don't have to give me anything.

Do you have a female that I could get? Would love to start breeding some myself.

Esura

Banned

So any Pokemon would do? When could I start trading? I literally just started but I wouldn't mind taking you up on this offer asap.

Right side girl, too kawai ^___^

The darker skin one? I chose that one too! Cute as cute can be, hnnng.

Kenai

Haven't encountered any shinies yet, which makes me a bit glad. I was getting worried that GameFreak increased the encounter rate by too much going on how many were showcased on /VP/. Anyone here get any shinies yet?

My sister found a Shiny Bagon but it "got away". Not sure what she meant.

ivysaur12

Banned
Totally agreed. And I haven't either. I confess, I actually don't know what to do right now. I've gone through like...4 or 5 towns and cities since the first gym and am dumbstruck. I must be missing something obvious. Now I'm at a dead end in the town with an aquarium in it.

I don't know what the fuck I'm doing.

I'm there too!

I don't even have the second badge and I can't choose what Pokemon to use. This game is bliss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom