• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLonso

Wow, the 3D effect is really disappointing me. It's barely noticeable, only available in battle, and makes the frame rate tank to all hell. Great game otherwise, but I think it would be better if Game Freak just didn't even include 3D, instead of this half baked effort.

_woLf

Pokemon X/Y is practically sold out in Bellevue. No idea about Seattle though.

This shit is crazy. I had no idea it'd be actually hard to find.

Mupod

Any word on the breeder yet? friend has me beating the 1st gym a billion times to collect starters for 3 people.

it's not far in at all, right after the
Snorlax
. I've been mass producing frogs for the last hour, still no goddamn Naive/Hasty nature...but at least I can hand out lots to GAF as soon as I get one.

hunnies28

Went to Toys R us today and got one copy of each (one for the GF).
Went for some breakfast and met 3 more people who had done the same.
Played for a bit, got to the first gym and had to battles against friends and totally forgot to check for natures.

Now I'm at work and cant' wait to get out so I can play some more :(

Sanic

Wow, the 3D effect is really disappointing me. It's barely noticeable, only available in battle, and makes the frame rate tank to all hell. Great game otherwise, but I think it would be better if Game Freak just didn't even include 3D, instead of this half baked effort.

I'm not really sure why these performance issues even exist. I like the art direction (especially during battles) but the game isn't exactly a looker.

I played through part of tales of the abyss recently, and that has a very similar look and gameplay makeup yet it can operate with 3D on while being a mere port of an existing game.

nubbe

The fact that the game gave me a free Torchic is sort of making me doubt my decision to go with Fennekin. And later you get a chance to pick one of the R/B/Y starters, right? I can't say no to Charmander. GAF, should I just embrace my inner Gym Leader and go all fire starters?

My team consist of Blaziken, Charizard, Delphox Talonflame, Larpas and Haxorus

That is 4 Fire Pokemans!

It works perfectly fine for the tutorial and I enjoy it... I love Fire Pokemons :p

Metallix87

The fact that the game gave me a free Torchic is sort of making me doubt my decision to go with Fennekin. And later you get a chance to pick one of the R/B/Y starters, right? I can't say no to Charmander. GAF, should I just embrace my inner Gym Leader and go all fire starters?

YES! Also, be sure to pick up a Fletchling early on to keep the theme going.

kirblar

Whoa, something is definitely up with the encounter rates and your lead pokemon.

I had Pikachu in front, trying to get Burmys on Route 3, and suddenly...3/5-4/5ths of the fights were Pikachus. Switched to Combee? All of a sudden....no Pikachus.

KLonso

For anyone who wants to add me, my friend code is 1719-3720-4214. I have version X if that matters to you. PM me your friend code if you add me, I might not check back to this thread in a while.

kewlmyc

Oh shit, I didn't know that you could get a Torchic through Mystery Gift. Awesome, but now I have a fire and water starter, I don't want to pick Bulbasaur..... Grass pokemon suck....

cliophate

Neo Member
What's with that creepy lady in Lumiose City after the blackout ends? In a building, first floor.
Is she a ghost or something? Appears with a screen that flickers, tells you that she is not looking for you and hovers away?!

Caladrius

Got the game this morning and haven't put it down since.
Chose Froakie. He's been a solid team member and his final form is my favorite since Typhlosion.
I'm only just before the second gym, but I've been using super training to get my pokemon maxed out in short order. I also lucked out and got a dawn stone for my Male Ralts. It's good to be able to have a Gallade again. I have 4 pokemon in rotation right now. The last two aren't too far away.

Magnus

Oh shit, I didn't know that you could get a Torchic through Mystery Gift. Awesome, but now I have a fire and water starter, I don't want to pick Bulbasaur..... Grass pokemon suck....

Got the sucker armed with Venoshock, Razor Leaf, Poison Powder and Sleep Powder. Ivysaur's tearin it up!

After all these years and generations since 1998, it's the first Bulbasaur I've ever had.

Wow, voice-to-text actually got Bulbasaur.

Unbounded

Hey guys, I just started playing, and turns out I got pokerus already!

My Braixen, Vivillon, and Panpour have it. I'm not quite sure what to do with it and don't want to lose it, so I placed my panpour in the box.

So, can anyone give me a quick rundown of pokerus and why it is apparently some sort of good thing?

Cool kids box their Kanto starters and Speed Boost Torchics and use an all Gen VI team anyway.

The only downside is that,
the Korrina battle with the Lucario aside,
I haven't used a Mega Evolution once.

Got X/Y for me and my bro!

null_zps04bcf8df.jpg

Gonna try and get a Shiny Froakie to start... anyone here get a Shiny starter?

Cool kids box their Kanto starters and Speed Boost Torchics and use an all Gen VI team anyway.

The only downside is that,
the Korrina battle with the Lucario aside,
I haven't used a Mega Evolution once.
I think the only downside to Gen VI team is that you only have the Fletchling line and Hawlucha as Flyers.

Teknoman

Whoo you can even choose Rival or Gym battle themes for online or local battles! Number one thing i've wanted since Diamond/Pearl hit!

Magnus

We sure it's just 50% xp for the xp shared- Pokemon? My Combusken's keeping pace with my Frogadier, and the use ratio between them is like 1:5.

Teknoman

Yeah I need to take a break and grab something to eat already lol. Also nice fight Nicko, If only I would have gotten rollout rolling lol.

Kinda of in a loud environment, so no game chat for me atm.

I think the only downside to Gen VI team is that you only have the Fletchling line and Hawlucha as Flyers.

Talonflame helped me right through the League.

If it had a better physical Fire move than Flame Charge it'd be great, but it's absolutely fine for ingame purposes.

Championship winning team, for those interested-
Chesnaught- Lv. 57
Aegislash- Lv. 59
Florges- Lv. 58
Pangoro- Lv. 57
Malamar- Lv. 58
Talonflame- Lv. 56

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
FINALLY a Female Fennekin with a decent nature (timid)!

Data-Star-Trek-Fist-Pump.gif

Shit took 3 and half god damn hours, but fuck it, I got mines! Eat a Snorlax sized dick GameFreak!

Now my journey can begin.
I'm too hungry to keep playing right now though. Need to refuel

Fireblend

Banned
I think I'll box my torchic so I can choose Charmander with a clean conscience :p plus I don't want half of my team to be a repeat of all other teams. Same reason I'm hesitant to use Pikachu :p

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I hate that the control kinda lags and overworld isn't 3D. Chose Fennekin as well... always go Fire type at the beginning :p!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom