• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorian

Banned
Pokerus is a harmless disease that causes Pokemon to gain double EVs (at least in battles, unsure about Super Training). You can spread it by keeping it next to healthy Pokemon in the party. It only spreads while a Pokemon is infected, however. Once they are cured, the Pokemon will get double EVs forever, but they can no longer spread.

Someone tested earlier in the thread, it does not double super training. Kind of makes Pokerus obsolete now IMO.

Ultimadrago

Just caught a Jolly Axew, anyone want it?

Route 3 has wild Pikachu. You get one of the Kanto starters for free during story. The rest you can trade for or get through Friend Safari (though I'm still uncertain how the latter works).

Someone tested earlier in the thread, it does not double super training. Kind of makes Pokerus obsolete now IMO.

Ah, I see. And agreed. EV training is SUPER simple, easy and fast now even without.

Teknoman

Oh ok thanks, haven't even used the d-pad ;)

I honestly can't remember all the type vs type except for the basic water/fire/grass ones. Do they tell you in -game the intricacies of effectiveness or should I look that up separately?

Also where do I find my friend code?

They'll drop hints here and there, but the majority of the weaknesses/strengths are pretty obvious (aside from crazy types like dark and fairy).

Check your friend code in the 3DS home menu. Click on friend list and then just move to your mii.

Captain N

Is there a good guide out for the game?

I wanna know when and where I can breed. I want to know when I can get facial hair. When and where I can trade.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Since Dragon Pulse isn't a TM anymore, does Charizard learn it as part of his level up move or I am going to have to give him Dragon Claw?

Also where do I get the leftover?

Navigating the city is really obnoxious. The camera and controls are really bad. That being said, I love the city itself. The Paris vibe is amusing and there's a lot to do. I skipped the b/w and b/w2 games, so the hub city is a novelty.

But yeah. The controls. Nooo thank you.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Went out and grabbed a copy in between watching football, and before my team kicked off!

10235785055_9a2c309566_o.jpg

Mupod

Last call for Froakies if you want one. My friend code is in my profile, shoot me a PM with yours.

Also if I added you already and forgot to trade you, just send me a trade request.

I skipped the b/w and b/w2 games, so the hub city is a novelty.

Couldn't you say that Celadon, Goldenrod, Mauville, and Hearthome be considered "hub cities" in earlier games?

Anyway, been distracted today, so I haven't gotten my first badge yet.

Braixen LV 16 (been Super Training this)
Fletchling LV 13

Unbounded

Pokerus is a harmless disease that causes Pokemon to gain double EVs (at least in battles, unsure about Super Training). You can spread it by keeping it next to healthy Pokemon in the party. It only spreads while a Pokemon is infected, however. Once they are cured, the Pokemon will get double EVs forever, but they can no longer spread.

Yeah, just figured it out. Spreading it through my party as we speak.

Anyone need some pokerus'ed pokemon? This won't take too long, really.

Teknoman

Is there a good guide out for the game?

I wanna know when and where I can breed. I want to know when I can get facial hair. When and where I can trade.

It doesnt look like facial hair is permanent. The beautician just drew it on my face for a PR video...but it looked like pencil so decided against it lol.

Mupod

Yeah, just figured it out. Spreading it through my party as we speak.

Anyone need some pokerus'ed pokemon? This won't take too long, really.

If it really doesn't affect special training that sucks, but I'd like it to test anyways. Want a Froakie!?

Bought a 3DS XL for this game. Haven't played a game since Emerald, so I'm looking forward to learning how to breed and about things I haven't cared about like IVs and EVs.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I'm kind of in shock,,, using the passersy thing on the pss found me a match instantly, playing competitive Pokemon surelyc an the this easy can it?

Vire

Last call for Froakies if you want one. My friend code is in my profile, shoot me a PM with yours.

Also if I added you already and forgot to trade you, just send me a trade request.

Oh please could I have one?

I'll send you a PM.

They'll drop hints here and there, but the majority of the weaknesses/strengths are pretty obvious (aside from crazy types like dark and fairy).

Check your friend code in the 3DS home menu. Click on friend list and then just move to your mii.

Yeah the basic ones are obvious, I just used a 'ghost' move on a 'normal' and it was ineffective, which makes sense and it just clicked with me that it has always been the same (from red/blue). This is great discovering all this again.

I was thinking I might also hold off doing crazy trades at the moment (as in getting all the starters), I think part of the reason I loved red/blue was just discovering all the Pokemon naturally and being surprised when they evolved etc. As I'm only really familiar with the first 151 (though I know about plenty of others), I'm getting the experience of discovery again, I'm loving it.

Verendus

Banned
I gave Pokemon Y to my nephew today. He didn't have his 3DS XL with him so I didn't get the chance to check it out.

I have decided now to go to the dark side. Time to buy Pokemon X and my own 3DS XL. Need to play this whilst I'm still hyped for maximum enjoyment.

Teknoman

Yeah the basic ones are obvious, I just used a 'ghost' move on a 'normal' and it was ineffective, which makes sense and it just clicked with me that it has always been the same (from red/blue). This is great discovering all this again.

I was thinking I might also hold off doing crazy trades at the moment (as in getting all the starters), I think part of the reason I loved red/blue was just discovering all the Pokemon naturally and being surprised when they evolved etc. As I'm only really familiar with the first 151 (though I know about plenty of others), I'm getting the experience of discovery again, I'm loving it.

imo thats the best way to do it. That way you can do normal trades, mess with wonder trades, and so on through the game. Tie up lose ends in the endgame ala your standard jrpg.

Btw...is there not a day/night cycle or seasons again? Its 7pm and still daylight in game : / Also I cant run into another flippin Pancham.

Neiteio

This game is AMAZING. In the big city with the professor now. My team at the moment is Frogadier, Torchic, Bulbasaur, Pikachu, Bunnelby, and Flabébé.

I'm really impressed by the look of the world in this game. It really is like 3D Sugimori art!

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Man. I had to turn off exp share. My Pokemon are all 28-29 and I haven't hit the second gym yet. They'll stop obeying me in one level. :X

I never played a Pokemon game online, so I wonder...

Is there any kind of rules or etiquette that should be followed for online battles? Like, don't abuse sleep or don't switch pokemon too often?

I played one battle and I felt that my playstyle could be really annoying.

Unbounded

If it really doesn't affect special training that sucks, but I'd like it to test anyways. Want a Froakie!?

Only if you're cool with receiving a beedrill. :p

I'll PM you my friend-code in a min.

EDIT: Cool, thanks for the Froakie! Looking forward to the results of your pokerus tests!

In the meanwhile, I'll be spreading that crap everywhere.

Sora_N

Finally got home, added myself to Team X on the spreadsheet.

Can someone spare a Chespin and Froakie if they've bred them already? Nature/gender doesn't matter!

zroid

Banned
Haven't been posting lately since I'm trying to go at my own pace and I'm terrified of spoilers, but I just wanted to say I looooooooooooooooove this game.

Vire

This is kinda embarrassing, but where do I find my friend code? I just got a 3DS for Pokemon :)

EDIT: Got it 0619-4063-1433

Still cant believe I bought a 3ds just for Pokemon. I'll pick up animal crossings again later this year. Loving pokemon Y so far though. Gotta figure out this 3ds friend code thing so I can add folks.

DMG-01

I've only slept for 3 hours since the games came out and I only have 2 badges. 14 hrs in. This game seems super long. I'm normally not anywhere near this slow. This game is just so good and if I wasn't too busy playing the game, I'd go add a lot of you guys because the online features are amazing. I guess low expectations will do that, but I'm still really impressed.

Anyway, anyone know where to catch a Dedenne? And while I'm asking, how about Skrelp/Clauncher/Klefki/Goomy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom